Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The pixies playing in europe next summer.....a must for the picnic.

It would be nice, missed them when they played here in 2014!

I'm not s.h.i.t stirring!! ;) But is anyone else slightly worried that Coldplay have just announced a massive summer tour with x4 UK dates and nothing in Ireland!!!

http://view.e.wmg.com/?j=fe8816797462027a7d&m=fe9512727767077973&ls=fe2817717c67077a771679&l=fef217767c6003&s=fe531c75756c0c79771d&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe541777756c0d757110&eml=2015November20/2916678/6223346&etsubid=85088429&r=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It would be nice, missed them when they played here in 2014!

I'm not s.h.i.t stirring!! ;) But is anyone else slightly worried that Coldplay have just announced a massive summer tour with x4 UK dates and nothing in Ireland!!!

http://view.e.wmg.com/?j=fe8816797462027a7d&m=fe9512727767077973&ls=fe2817717c67077a771679&l=fef217767c6003&s=fe531c75756c0c79771d&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe541777756c0d757110&eml=2015November20/2916678/6223346&etsubid=85088429&r=0

Far more likely they'll announce an Aviva show if there is an Irish date. In fairness to them their tunes are about as interesting as soda bread but they do put on a good live show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Give me Coldplay over Sam Smith and Florence & The Machine (combined) anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Anyone see Mercury prize winner Benjamin Clementine at EP this year? One of the most intense performances I ever saw there, had the whole audience (of about 80!) in tears. Very worthy winner.

BTW There is a great clip on youtube of it, worth it if only for the gormless security man eating a packet of Tayto oblivious to the pure art behind him.:-)

Hope he is invited back, (Clementine not security guy).

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Anyone see Mercury prize winner Benjamin Clementine at EP this year? One of the most intense performances I ever saw there, had the whole audience (of about 80!) in tears. Very worthy winner.

BTW There is a great clip on youtube of it, worth it if only for the gormless security man eating a packet of Tayto oblivious to the pure art behind him.:-)

Peter

Shivers down the spine performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Peterd66 wrote: »

Peter

I wouldn't begrudge anyone a packet of measly crisps when they've been standing there all day. Average Joe's like him contribute to your being able to hang around at a music festival while crying your middle-class eyes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I wouldn't begrudge anyone a packet of measly crisps when they've been standing there all day. Average Joe's like him contribute to your being able to hang around at a music festival while crying your middle-class eyes out.

Post of the year!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think someone said the Weeknd could be at EP but he is supporting Rihanna in the Aviva in June

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hear, hear!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SIGUR RÓS have been announced for Lowlands next year , could pop up at EP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Think someone said the Weeknd could be at EP but he is supporting Rihanna in the Aviva in June

I have no idea who they are, but if they are on the bill with Rihanna, then I'm guessing they're not really EP material?

or would they be aimed at the Sam Smyth demographic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Weeknd is one guy, talented vocalist give him a listen. His latest album was only ok, especially the single "Can't feel my Face" which was an annoying song but his older stuff is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Asking for a mate but are Family Camping Tickets sold out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

SIGUR RÓS have been announced for Lowlands next year , could pop up at EP

As much as love them to bits i dunno do i want them at the picnic. The crowd yapping came very close to ruining them in the O2 in 2013 and at EP in 2012. Still amazing, but i just don't trust the new generation of picnic goers not to ruin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Asking for a mate but are Family Camping Tickets sold out already?

Long ago I'm afraid. They wen't scarily quick this year.

I'd be disappointed with Sigur Ros again so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

sadie06 wrote: »
    Post of the year!:D

Even though it was directed at me, I have to agree, made me laugh out loud:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

lbj666 wrote: »
    As much as love them to bits i dunno do i want them at the picnic. The crowd yapping came very close to ruining them in the O2 in 2013 and at EP in 2012. Still amazing, but i just don't trust the new generation of picnic goers not to ruin it.

That gig was painful because of idiots behind me yapping through every song other than Hoppípolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That gig was painful because of idiots behind me yapping through every song other than Hoppípolla.

The lad beside me kept yelling "Play Wonderwall!" at them :( Don't think I'd want them at Picnic tbh purely because of the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

frantic190 wrote: »
    The lad beside me kept yelling "Play Wonderwall!" at them :( Don't think I'd want them at Picnic tbh purely because of the crowd.

At least I could move away from clowns at the Picnic, I was stuck in my seat at the O2.

I still enjoyed them but it was just ruined from some girl and her fella that had come from the Rugby and spent the whole time talking to her friend who was about 4 seats away from her. :rolleyes:

I know I'm getting old and grumpy but it was the whole concert and it was especially loud during all the quiet bits.

All that said, I'd still love to see Sigur Ros back at EP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Wondering if anyone can help me here. I bought a discounted ticket before the offer expired a few weeks ago using the installment plan, paid €60 up front and then €50 is to come out of my account on Dec 1st and Feb 1st as far as I know.

However, since then I have got a new job and have gone from being paid weekly to being paid monthly, and my first payday isn't for another few weeks. I won't have the funds in my account on Tuesday, does anyone know what the story is if you don't have the money in your account? Or is there any way I could contact them to try and see if anything can be done rather than them cancelling my ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just ring them when you have the cash and they'll take the payment over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Was the 19th of December last year when George Ezra, Roisin Murphy and a few others were announced. Reckon we'll see an announcement this side of christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BOHtox wrote: »
    Was the 19th of December last year when George Ezra, Roisin Murphy and a few others were announced. Reckon we'll see an announcement this side of christmas?

Certainly hope so, should start seeing rumours and listings for acts headlining the european festival circuit soon too which will give us an idea as to who's about next year

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

tickets came today only 10 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Same here :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Money wasn't taken from my account yesterday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Good news! It's actually only nine months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Good news! It's actually only nine months!

Jesus that month flew by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Money wasn't taken from my account yesterday ?

Was just taken from mine about 30 mins ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

EP tickets arrived yesterday. Seems very early to be sending them out, last year I got mine sent out 2/3 weeks before the big weekend. Happy nonetheless!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement