Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I don't see Dublin gospel choir anywhere? I assume they are playing Sunday lunchtime lie always

They are a great uplifting start to the day. Really recommend them if people havnt gone to them before

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I thought this was a joke tbh.

Ya know, it might actually be ok.
    i won't be going to it, but it sounds interesting, with the orchestra doing classic dance tunes n all

No, it is actually a joke. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Rfrip wrote: »
    I don't see Dublin gospel choir anywhere? I assume they are playing Sunday lunchtime lie always

They are a great uplifting start to the day. Really recommend them if people havnt gone to them before
    they are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

I've a feeling we are being messed with here and another announcement is happening today. All the other ones were around lunch time this is very early. And did the coronas not say they were playing no sign of them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Stillill42

kg703 wrote: »
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    Well, you know, people showing a bit of a lack of imagination on here. This is the year you'll just havery to work a bit harder to find the pearls. I've already found a pile of stuff I didn't know and am dying to see. Some interesting stuff in the last announcement there too. And just because they're Irish doesn t mean they're ****e. Talos, Elephant, and yes, Bell, why not?

To be fair I could go and see a load of these acts throughout the year handily enough. The line up isnt completely terrible but it is a bit underwhelming.

Well you could but you probably don't, like myself. Nows your chance! I see Hare Squead in there, they've some cool stuff. And I missed Mothers on my first scan. Great as well. Shake it off, people. 2 weeks and we'll be cracking the first one open, full of the joys of life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The orchestra / dance classics things is huge in the UK now. Tong did it in the Albert Hall with the Heritage Orchestra for the Essential Mix and is taking it on tour this autumn. The Hacienda did it and Cream are doing it too. So fair play to the RTE Orchestra. If Jenny Greene get's her track selection right it could be a brilliant buzz. She could also get it completely wrong and pick the wrong music. I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I've a feeling we are being messed with here and another announcement is happening today. All the other ones were around lunch time this is very early. And did the coronas not say they were playing no sign of them yet.

86 acts listed for the main stages, that's your lot.

Underwhelming stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

Delighted Daithi has been added, good Irish DJ. Skepta's new album is very good as well... could be a lot worse to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

awful announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

siblers wrote: »
    Considering how much the tickets are, the standard of line up is very disapointing. Makes you wonder where all the money is going

Actually makes you wonder just how many tickets are sold at discount / early bird vs the full price. The cash may not be as much as the 55k bodies suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

A bit nieve don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

To be fair, between some real quality in the Body & Soul and the main arena acts, there probably will end up being plenty of clashes and it's a good thing to have plenty of things taking you into Body & Soul.

Two weeks and all will be good with the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Two weeks and all will be good with the world

Time to move on with being worried about the weather :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

It's not the best line-up nor the worst. If anything it is just making me focus on some of the smaller areas which I tend to neglect year on year. It always is an epic weekend and I can't wait. 2 weeks and counting. Bring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

It's not the best line-up nor the worst. If anything it is just making me focus on some of the smaller areas which I tend to neglect year on year. It always is an epic weekend and I can't wait. 2 weeks and counting. Bring it.

As disappointed as I am with that announcement, I agree with you there about making more time for Body & Soul, Trenchtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Nothing announced their to get me excited...if there wasnt such a build up to today i'd have thought nothing of it.

I take it that is the line up done and dusted? Rumour has it they will be releasing the timetable some time in october!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Which night are Radiohead playing?

Snarky Snark Snark

They are playing right now, in my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Underwhelmed to say the least. Awful decline in the quality of Lineup compared to the last few years. I called this back in April, it's the end of the Picnic for me.
    Imagining the offices of Festival republic today. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

They are playing right now, in my pants.
    Add your reply here.Radiohead are playing in my pants, Myyyyyyyyyy pants !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭kg703

Time to move on with being worried about the weather :(:(:(

Rain with an 80% chance of sharknados

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Spotify playlist is updated lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

A few hunzos on FB are happy with that announcement with comments like 'Omg 1975, Years & Years and now James Bay & Walking on cars now...unreaaaallll.'

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Skepta good
    KKC & Otherkin - Excellent
    Hare Squead - great energy
    ABC - fair enough
    Others okay from that list
    Just disappointed that no major addition for wow factor
    delaying until now to only announce that list is frankly b*llix !

Playlists now to be assembled. Roll on 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's a bunch of mid to low tier acts which is exactly what anyone with a bit of sense would have expected. Anyone who was expecting more headliner type acts is a dope to be honest. I'm happy enough, BellX1, KKC, New Jackson, Skepta and a few others. Skepta was great at Glastonbury. I can't believe the amount of scutter posted by people in this thread over the last few pages, it's as bad as the thread of comments under the EP Facebook announcement. People still expecting Last Shadow Puppets who played 3 nights in the Olympia a few months ago or RHCP who are in eastern europe that weekend and Oasis and Radiohead ffs get a grip like!

Snarky Snark Snark

Announcement is exactly what was expected really, I'd have thought I'd have to go to bookface to see the cries of awful/terrible etc.

wtf did ye expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's a bunch of mid to low tier acts which is exactly what anyone with a bit of sense would have expected. Anyone who was expecting more headliner type acts is a dope to be honest. I'm happy enough, BellX1, KKC, New Jackson, Skepta and a few others. Skepta was great at Glastonbury. I can't believe the amount of scutter posted by people in this thread over the last few pages, it's as bad as the thread of comments under the EP Facebook announcement. People still expecting Last Shadow Puppets who played 3 nights in the Olympia a few months ago or RHCP who are in eastern europe that weekend and Oasis and Radiohead ffs get a grip like!

i was clearly being sarcastic , relax

Snarky Snark Snark

crusha101 wrote: »
    i was clearly being sarcastic , relax

donald-trump.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Announcement is exactly what was expected really, I'd have thought I'd have to go to bookface to see the cries of awful/terrible etc.

wtf did ye expect?

It seems a lot of people expected Christine and the Queens on the fb page despite her playing longitude a few weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

wtf did ye expect?

It seems a lot of people expected Christine and the Queens on the fb page despite her playing longitude a few weeks back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement