Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The more I think of the RTE orchestra the more excited I get, if done half as good as the Proms it could be great fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3BXVTF7mw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not sure if it'll have the same impact in the Rankins Wood tent, but I'll pop along if there's nothing else on. the Pete Tong one was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Was hoping for more "heritage" acts. ABC should be good but

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Was hoping for more "heritage" acts. ABC should be good but

AND the Lightning Seeds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭endainoz

https://www.seatwave.ie/checkout?qty=2&tsgId=15775715

holy crap that's some booking fee!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

AND the Lightning Seeds

Electric Ireland will probably be adding a few more too now that I think of it!

Snarky Snark Snark

Electric Ireland will probably be adding a few more too now that I think of it!

Can be near impossible to get into there though. (and its full of kids)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

finally some techno added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Probably a better announcement than I expected really, a few good acts in there.

I've seen Brian Deady before and he is really worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

endainoz wrote: »
    https://www.seatwave.ie/checkout?qty=2&tsgId=15775715

holy crap that's some booking fee

Disgusting . Plenty of tickets popping up on adverts for250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Is salty Dog still to be announced then or did I miss it?

Snarky Snark Snark

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Is salty Dog still to be announced then or did I miss it?

Actually, not seen a sausage on that yet.
    Some amount of whinging on bookface at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well that announcement was a bit meh, not all bad acts, but i guess its what you expect from the organisers at this stage. As was mentioned , there was no chance of any other main headliner acts to be added. And yes i think they did **** up, by not grabbing a certain act beginning with "R" when their tour schedule was open at this time, it'll be interesting to see the approach next year from the organisers.

Anyway onwards and upwards folks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Awful decline in the quality of Lineup compared to the last few years. I called this back in April, it's the end of the Picnic for me.

Called what? You sound like you're just a moaner.

Snarky Snark Snark

And yes i think they did **** up, by not grabbing a certain act beginning with "R" when their tour schedule was open at this time

Effects did flag waaaaaay back that they would be unlikely and it was tried, perhaps they did try to get them at the time and were rebuffed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98936144&postcount=1911

it'll be interesting to see the approach next year from the organisers.

The approach will be the same as every year
    1 - Who is actually touring and available that weekend
    2 - Can they afford them without having to have an alcohol sponsored whittling competition as the second act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Mr S works for one of the main sponsors and I think it was him who posted here a while ago saying that he heard EP were in negotiations with radiohead but they pulled the plug after it sold out. Disappointing if true but I'd rather see them at their own gig than at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

MadYaker wrote: »
    Mr S works for one of the main sponsors and I think it was him who posted here a while ago saying that he heard EP were in negotiations with radiohead but they pulled the plug after it sold out. Disappointing if true but I'd rather see them at their own gig than at EP.

They didn't play here on their last tour so there's no guarantee they'll do a standalone gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Effects did flag waaaaaay back that they would be unlikely and it was tried, perhaps they did try to get them at the time and were rebuffed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98936144&postcount=1911

The approach will be the same as every year
    1 - Who is actually touring and available that weekend
    2 - Can they afford them without having to have an alcohol sponsored whittling competition as the second act.

You could can add number 3 as well, lets see how many more sub stages we can squeeze onto the Cosby estate next year and dilute the quality of acts....

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Rfrip wrote: »
    I don't see Dublin gospel choir anywhere? I assume they are playing Sunday lunchtime lie always

They are a great uplifting start to the day. Really recommend them if people havnt gone to them before

Trinity Orchestra are also not in the announcement, but are in the lineup poster, on the last line with the Dublin Gospel Choir. A bit rubbish that they don't even do them the courtesy of announcing them

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Trinity Orchestra are also not in the announcement, but are in the lineup poster, on the last line with the Dublin Gospel Choir. A bit rubbish that they don't even do them the courtesy of announcing them

They are doing a Bowie tribute which will be enjoyable

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

That could be a pretty nice way to start a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

They are doing a Bowie tribute which will be enjoyable

Yes, should be good. Am I right i thinking that they usually play early Saturday when they play, as in probably opening the main stage on the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

F**king stroke of genius to put Radiohead on the Salty Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Yes, should be good. Am I right i thinking that they usually play early Saturday when they play, as in probably opening the main stage on the Saturday?

Yep, they open the main stage on Saturday each year (didn't play 2013/2015).
    Dublin Gospel Choir open the main stage on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Expected mediocrity... Expectations were exceeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Well for some :P

When are the stage times usually released?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Effects wrote: »
    Called what? You sound like you're just a moaner.
    I reckon the festival is going to deteriorate now. Now that it's sold out, what is their incentive now to book another big headliner? Glad i decided to forego EP this year. Am heading to Nos Alive in Portugal. Altho, am gutted to be missing LCD.

Not a moaner, been going to EP since 2008 only ever missed one due to a bereavement. For me and my friends it's losing its luster a while now. More and more people and less and less enjoyment, from overzealous security with invasive searches, to being treated like a cash cow to be fleeced and herded from place to place, with rude young wans pushing pass you like you didn't exist and the messier and messier campsites, it's becoming oxygenated. And now the decline of the lineup compared to other years as documented by other posters has confirmed my hunch. But what did it for me last year was having to wait for over an HOUR for an ambulance for a young lad who fell in front of me and knocked himself out by the Jerry Fish tent. An Hour FFS! Poor guy could've died.
    Time to leave it to you kids.
    Ps. Nos Alive was brilliant.
    Enjoy Don Conroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Well for some :P

When are the stage times usually released?
    Any minute now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Sorry to be a dick, but EP are not responsible for the unreasonable expectations of boards.ie posters.

By the standards of two-weeks-before-EP-announcements, this is a good one.

If people convinced themselves that Avalanches, Radiohead and David Bowie were going to be added today, they were deluding themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rubyscooby

OK so the announcement didn't really wow me. In fact, none of the announcements have wow'd me this year. Having said that I still have loads of acts I want to see and I would be MUCH more bothered if the likes of Avicii were announced. That to me would be oxygenating EP. In my opinion the lack of massive names means it's not attracting the wrong types of peeps!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement