Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'd rather me some little green cars over walking on cars

Was thinking the same earlier, really enjoyed their gig 2 years ago?? Everyone sung their hearts out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Was thinking the same earlier, really enjoyed their gig 2 years ago?? Everyone sung their hearts out. :)

Yeh it was brilliant , did they play the year before aswell? . Have it in my head I've seen them twice at EP . Was hoping they be on the list today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yeh it was brilliant , did they play the year before aswell? . Have it in my head I've seen them twice at EP . Was hoping they be on the list today

Yeah they played the year before on the Saturday, wasn't at it though as Robert Plant was on the main stage at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Jaysus...what's with all the anger towards people that held out a tiny bit of hope that Radiohead may have been added? It's called wishful thinking!

Considering nobody knew what to expect from the festival organisers now that it has grown so much, I was quite happy to keep wishing right up till the last announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the Jenny Greene/RTE Concert Orchestra thing could be epic as long as it's all 80s/90s dance classics and no modern pop-dance rubbish
    e: it says on the 2FM website it'll be 90s dance classics, fantastic!

• Advertisement

the Jenny Greene/RTE Concert Orchestra thing could be epic as long as it's all 80s/90s dance classics and no modern pop-dance rubbish
    e: it says on the 2FM website it'll be 90s dance classics, fantastic!

Insomnia is deadly like that

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Is there a body and soul playlist on spotify? Can't seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DH1978

declanleo wrote: »

Search for electric picnic and scroll down to find the electric picnic profile. Click on that and it'll bring up all the playlists for EP.

declanleo wrote: »

https://open.spotify.com/user/epfestival/playlist/1wogoGs8DccAShu18KUHza

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Anything at B&S cos playlist is awesome.

Will be playing spoons in the woods for The (fecking) 1975 and Years & Years

And lots of mooching and discoveries.

Is there going to be another attempt at a Boardsie meet up???

Seems likely to happen anyway at Daft As Punk at 3am on Friday night/Sat morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Going by Todd terjes tour dates he must be playing fri as he is in the uk sat and Sunday

Il be devastated if he clashes with chemical brothers

Seen this pic doing the rounds from 2006, people have asked if the EP has changed much layout wise from the early years. The answer is it hasn't really, the site boundary c/w forests is the same, there were vast open spaces back then with a 1/3 of the capacity!!!

You can see tents inside the main arena, I think that was a security muck up? My mates who arrived sligtly later in the day managed to camp there (security obviously wasn't near as strict as it is now) they had their tent semi setup, security lad was "you can't camp here this isn't a camping area" they were like "come on one more won't hurt" he let them stay.

It was either 05 or 06 the main security line into the main arena from Hendrix was a single row of temporary fencing (they use the natural ditches as boundaries now)
    It was soooo simple to get tins in, simply send a mate in first without anything, they would walk about 100m down from the security entrance, sling your bag'o'cans under the fence and off into the distance they went. I think by Sunday they had installed another layer of fencing 5m from the original. Off course that didn't stop us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A lost opportunity I reckon. They were available at a price when the band was playing European & US festivals that are smaller than EP. Taking Radiohead to Stradbally would have helped ticket sales for next year and beyond so biting the bullet & paying the fee would have turned a good lineup into a great one.

Alas I don't think we'll ever get them now. I can see them doing their own tour next year and a return to Glastonbury as their only festival (though possibly Coachella also). And I also wouldn't be surprised to see them (after REM) calling it a day in the next couple of years. I'd prefer to be wrong but their side careers are expanding and quitting at the top has to hold some attraction. But please let me be mistaken and let's see them in Stradbally in Sept 2017.

I could be wrong but I can't see Coachella being their vibe. If it's true about EP pulling out of negotiations with them after the tickets sold out, then I'd say there's zero chance of ever seeing them in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Rfrip wrote: »
    Going by Todd terjes tour dates he must be playing fri as he is in the uk sat and Sunday

Il be devastated if he clashes with chemical brothers

It looks like Nas is playing the Friday too as he's playing a fest in America on the Sunday, all three could end up clashing.

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    It looks like Nas is playing the Friday too as he's playing a fest in America on the Sunday, all three could end up clashing.

Does anyone think Nas will be on the main stage ? If he's not and clashes with the chems I'll be absolutely raging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Does anyone think Nas will be on the main stage ? If he's not and clashes with the chems I'll be absolutely raging

I hope not. Rap was not meant to be performed outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Wu Tang and Outkast have both done main stage recently so he could well be there...

Yes I'd agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd say it's much more likely he'll be headline the Electric Arena, but he was great on the main stage at Life Festival last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Really depends on the act, thought wu tang were sh1te a few years back but Jurassic 5 last year were fantastic

• Advertisement

A lost opportunity I reckon. They were available at a price when the band was playing European & US festivals that are smaller than EP. Taking Radiohead to Stradbally would have helped ticket sales for next year and beyond so biting the bullet & paying the fee would have turned a good lineup into a great one.

Alas I don't think we'll ever get them now. I can see them doing their own tour next year and a return to Glastonbury as their only festival (though possibly Coachella also). And I also wouldn't be surprised to see them (after REM) calling it a day in the next couple of years. I'd prefer to be wrong but their side careers are expanding and quitting at the top has to hold some attraction. But please let me be mistaken and let's see them in Stradbally in Sept 2017.

I could be wrong but I can't see Coachella being their vibe. If it's true about EP pulling out of negotiations with them after the tickets sold out, then I'd say there's zero chance of ever seeing them in Stradbally.
    Coachella may have become more dance-orientated over the past couple of years but it still draws in big indie names, including Radiohead who headlined in 2012 and may do again. It's a lot of money to turn down.

Coachella may have become more dance-orientated over the past couple of years but it still draws in big indie names, including Radiohead who headlined in 2012 and may do again. It's a lot of money to turn down.

I know but I'm talking about Coachella as it is today, you have to admit the lineup is not as indie heavy as it was back then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just had a browse on toutless there and there seems to be a good few face value tickets to be had. Id say tickets have become easier to get since the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Whilst initially underwhelmed by the line up I've spent the weekend listening to the EP playlist and am looking forward to some acts not normally anywhere near my radar!

Less than 2 weeks to go - it is what it is and I'm very much looking forward to the festival - the place I always have fun with my friends! Things change we either embrace change or move away! Incessant complaints are not helpful especially to people who join a thread for valuable info. from those of us who go every year! So let's inject some enthusiasm in here - IT's PICNIC TIME, IT's PARTY TIME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Had another run through the line-up last night and there's at least 30 acts on my longlist, and that's not counting a ton of dj's I'd probably enjoy if I had the time or energy...

I'll end up seeng far fewer I know...

Any chance we'll get stage times by end of this week? Anyone know anything about that?

I know that on previous form we'll be waiting til the week of the gig for most of it. Holding out (slim) hope that the early sellout might mean we get it sooner

I know but I'm talking about Coachella as it is today, you have to admit the lineup is not as indie heavy as it was back then
    The line-up there has always had lots of dance & hip-hop stuff. In 2012 they had Swedish House Mafia, Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg, Avicii, SBTRKT, Calvin Harris, etc.

For indie suff in 2016 there was Courtney Barnett, Foals, Sufjan Stevens, Kills, LCD, Beach House, Lush, Grimes, |Cold War Kids, Wolf Alice, Deerhunter, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Bat For Lashes, M83, Christine & The Queens, etc.

It may be that the streams we saw focused more on the dance/rap stuff. It could also be that the crowd is changing and getting younger, as may also be the case with EP. You might be right, but I still think that Radiohead fit in there and we'll see soon enough, the announcement in about 4 months. If they play there then EP has still a chance of grabbing them next year. Let the Radiohead for 2017 thread start here!

The line-up there has always had lots of dance & hip-hop stuff. In 2012 they had Swedish House Mafia, Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg, Avicii, SBTRKT, Calvin Harris, etc.

For indie suff in 2016 there was Courtney Barnett, Foals, Sufjan Stevens, Kills, LCD, Beach House, Lush, Grimes, |Cold War Kids, Wolf Alice, Deerhunter, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Bat For Lashes, M83, Christine & The Queens, etc.

It may be that the streams we saw focused more on the dance/rap stuff. It could also be that the crowd is changing and getting younger, as may also be the case with EP. You might be right, but I still think that Radiohead fit in there and we'll see soon enough, the announcement in about 4 months. If they play there then EP has still a chance of grabbing them next year. Let the Radiohead for 2017 thread start here!

I'd have said Christine and the Queens are pop! Regardless of whether Coachella get them or not, I still reckon there's zero chance of Radiohead appearing in Stradbally if it's true that EP pulled out of negotiations with them once the tickets sold out. They're extremely principled and I can't see that sitting well with them at all!

I'd have said Christine and the Queens are pop! Regardless of whether Coachella get them or not, I still reckon there's zero chance of Radiohead appearing in Stradbally if it's true that EP pulled out of negotiations with them once the tickets sold out. They're extremely principled and I can't see that sitting well with them at all!
    They're still playing at Lollapalooza (run by Festival Republic) two weeks after EP so the relationship isn't entirely broken and they've booked them several times before. I think these things happen all the time. But I do reckon you're right. It's one thing for a festival they have a relationship with to change their mind (Glasto/Reading, etc) but for EP may mean we never see them there. And as I posted before I don't think they'll be doing so many Summer festivals again for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Great post, with the tickets selling out quickly, it'll be interesting to see next year, if the organisers are trying to target a certain calibre of act(s), will the loyalty scheme be extended at a reduced rate, or will there be a limited window in which to purchase the tickets at a certain price before it expires, Will that give a certain figure to primarily target a serious marquee act??, who knows??.

If festival goers are starting to question the type of acts booked at this festival, then maybe you should look at further afield if indie/rock type acts (and even a sprinkle of dance acts) are your thing. one festival that springs to mind is Rock Werchter in Belgium, a 4 day festival with around 88k attendance it gets the numbers and i guess with that figure, it can attract the acts, its something i will be looking at for 2017,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 LimboSlice

Any must sees this year besides the obvious?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement