Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They're still playing at Lollapalooza (run by Festival Republic) two weeks after EP so the relationship isn't entirely broken and they've booked them several times before. I think these things happen all the time. But I do reckon you're right. It's one thing for a festival they have a relationship with to change their mind (Glasto/Reading, etc) but for EP may mean we never see them there. And as I posted before I don't think they'll be doing so many Summer festivals again for quite a while.

I'm going to Lollapalooza!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Any must sees this year besides the obvious?
    Overhead the albatross

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Cannot wait until Friday week!
    On a bit of a diet of synth over the last few months. Loving these guys DBFC -they are playing Body and Soul. Anyone recommend any acts with a similar sound?

https://vimeo.com/jbbregon/dbfc-leavemyroom

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

Fugs!! wrote: »
    LimboSlice wrote: »
    Any must sees this year besides the obvious?
    Overhead the albatross

Just put their album on for my morning walk, definitely a must see and I only got through 4 tracks.

I'd suggest Broken Social Scene

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Does anyone think Nas will be on the main stage ? If he's not and clashes with the chems I'll be absolutely raging

Really hope not myself, I honestly don't see Nas pulling a big enough crowd for main stage, the last time he played here was with Damien Marley and that was in Tripod (1300 capacity according to google) & time b4 that was The Point for God's Son album I think it was and that was barely half full.

Also hopefully it's not the Illmatic anniversary tour set he's doing, as good a set that is I'd rather him to do a full catalogue show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Mr.S wrote: »

If that forecast holds I'll be happy enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So what did i miss over the last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

So what did i miss over the last week :)

Radiohead have been added!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Someone mentioned chemical brothers were playing Friday, is this confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

as good as, they list the specific day for each festival appearance on their website, and EP is down for Friday the 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

Yes, Jenny Greene said she was doing her show on the Friday night at 9 just before The Chemical Brothers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen LCD , Catfish and the Bottlemen and the Chems at Pukkelpop over the weekend.

After only knowing one or 2 songs from LCD (and was worried that they were gonna get a TITP sized crowd which was looking like it minutes before they came on) but i loved them for the hour i watched them , Just something about them and will be listening to them between now and EP

Chems were also good but i feel i might skip them at EP if there is a big clash

Catfish were really good and was nice to see them on a small stage before EP where im guessing they will be either on the Main Stage or Electric Arena.

Skipped Noel G (due to going back to the tent to grab a rain jacket) but will not be skipping him at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Brilliant show by Kelly Anne Byrne on todayfm tonight. She done a picnic special Heard a lot of different acts whom I look forward to listening to in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haven't got the chance to post since the final announcement on Friday. Pretty much what we expected, none that really appeal to me though unfortunately, I'd probably go along to ABC. Jenny Greene & The RTE Orchestra could be pretty cool too and I might go down for a look if there isn't anything clashing. Overall I feel like it's a weaker line up than normal but have particularly strong headliners this year, plenty to look forward to all the same and a few new areas to check out this year which will give it a bit of a boost hopefully! Time to do a lot of research over the next week or two before getting a final list of acts to go and see over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

declanleo wrote: »
    Brilliant show by Kelly Anne Byrne on todayfm tonight. She done a picnic special Heard a lot of different acts whom I look forward to listening to in the next week or so.

She mentioned that Todd Terje will be playing on the main stage this year, would find it strange if that was the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

If that forecast holds I'll be happy enough.

Yr.no the most accurate it's a seafaring weather forecast but it won't give the forecast that far out! It never lets me down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

It is winding me up seeing all the family camping tickets for sale. I only have general camping tickets and won't be able to get into the family camping with the kids.
    Really annoying to see as seriously suspect some of them were only bought to make a profit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

I just read that Feist is back in the studio with Broken Social Scene, wonder if she'll play with them at the picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

woo! I just had the postman knock on my door with a registered letter containing my campervan pass.

... It's beginning to feel a lot like the picnic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    It is winding me up seeing all the family camping tickets for sale. I only have general camping tickets and won't be able to get into the family camping with the kids.
    Really annoying to see as seriously suspect some of them were only bought to make a profit on.

Why don't you buy a family ticket and sell yours on?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

She mentioned that Todd Terje will be playing on the main stage this year, would find it strange if that was the case!

I assumed it was just a Todd Terje DJ set, no mention of the Olsens, if he was playing main stage then I would expect the Olsens and a live set. Then again they put Fatboy Slim on the main stage a few years ago to DJ. I really hope they don't make that mistake again. It doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Queen-Mise wrote: »

Why don't you buy a family ticket and sell yours on?

i've seen this mentioned a few times in this tread. Even though i've bought tickets from strangers online with no issues so far, I still think anyone would be foolish to sell a genuine ticket and buy one that has a risk attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

So far I have Overhead The Albatross, Girls Names, DBFC, RSAG, Plutonic Dust, Talos, Rocstrong, Hilary Wood and Pine The Pilcrow as must-sees in Body & Soul... only about halfway through the full lineup.

Beats the Monday blues finding some of these albums

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Trying to find the first hour of Kelly Anne Byrnes show from last night. They only link to the second hour:

http://www.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/6486/31465/22nd_August_2016_-_The_Beat_Goes_On_with_Kelly-Anne_Byrne_Part_1

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Todayfm are giving away tickets all this week, anyone know what song to look out for today??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jjppkk

Hi , anybody have any knowledge of pink moon camping.
    I'm looking at buying two tickets off some body and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use them without them transferring them in to my name.
    Thanks in advance for any help :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Jjppkk wrote: »
    Hi , anybody have any knowledge of pink moon camping.
    I'm looking at buying two tickets off some body and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use them without them transferring them in to my name.
    Thanks in advance for any help :-)

well you are asked for the name that was used for the booking upon registration but that should be fine as long as you are certain that person you are buying from is not also selling the pink moon tickets to someone else.

Why don't you ask the seller for the Pink Moon login details and change the booking details? if that is possible at this stage in the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i've seen this mentioned a few times in this tread. Even though i've bought tickets from strangers online with no issues so far, I still think anyone would be foolish to sell a genuine ticket and buy one that has a risk attached to it.

very wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rubyscooby

I am a fellow pink moon camper, I'm coming from Limerick and I really want to be able to park in the Green car parks and use the paintball entrance. I would very much appreciate specifics as to how I can ensure this happens.

When I'm looking at my route.... how do I avoid the red car park that all the signs and guards want me to take?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement