Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

rubyscooby wrote: »
    I am a fellow pink moon camper, I'm coming from Limerick and I really want to be able to park in the Green car parks and use the paintball entrance. I would very much appreciate specifics as to how I can ensure this happens.

When I'm looking at my route.... how do I avoid the red car park that all the signs and guards want me to take?!

There are some posts on exactly this topic a few pages back in this thread.

Casa Bacardi stage times announced, for anyone interested: http://nialler9.com/casa-bacardi-electric-picnic-stage-times-announced/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Anybody with experience of the campervan site?
    Will we (couple in 4 man dome tent), be able to pitch next to mates in campervan? Is there a campervan site wristband or can anyone come and go etc? I Know Ts&Cs say no tents, so wondering if this is actually imposed. Any feedback appreciated.

BananaR wrote: »
    Will we (couple in 4 man dome tent), be able to pitch next to mates in campervan? Is there a campervan site wristband or can anyone come and go etc? I Know Ts&Cs say no tents, so wondering if this is actually imposed. Any feedback appreciated.

Dunno about tents specifically, but I asked about awnings/driveaway tents a couple of pages back and consensus was that people have been able to put them up in past years with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

I am a fellow pink moon camper, I'm coming from Limerick and I really want to be able to park in the Green car parks and use the paintball entrance. I would very much appreciate specifics as to how I can ensure this happens.

When I'm looking at my route.... how do I avoid the red car park that all the signs and guards want me to take?!
    If i remember correctly, you will be foreced to use the main entrance when you arrive either way, the paintball is just for people who already have their passes, and no bags etc)...

I think i was green last time. came from carlow side of Stradbally, to the other side of town and was directed left toward green.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

If i remember correctly, you will be forced to use the main entrance when you arrive either way, the paintball is just for people who already have their passes, and no bags etc)...

I think i was green last time. came from Carlow side of Stradbally, to the other side of town and was directed left toward green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I assumed it was just a Todd Terje DJ set, no mention of the Olsens, if he was playing main stage then I would expect the Olsens and a live set. Then again they put Fatboy Slim on the main stage a few years ago to DJ. I really hope they don't make that mistake again. It doesn't work.

Jamie xx was on the main stage at Longitude this year and it worked. The crowd certainly enjoyed him more than the National afterwards. Depends on the kind of songs he'll be playing in a DJ set, Jamie played a lot more mainstream/popular stuff than he had at Forbidden Fruit the year before.

Todd Terje is one of the better DJs I've ever seen, but I'd still rather see his live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

rocks1981 wrote: »

If i remember correctly, you will be foreced to use the main entrance when you arrive either way, the paintball is just for people who already have their passes, and no bags etc)...

I think i was green last time. came from carlow side of Stradbally, to the other side of town and was directed left toward green.

Post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MJohnston wrote: »
    Casa Bacardi stage times announced, for anyone interested: http://nialler9.com/casa-bacardi-electric-picnic-stage-times-announced/

Any must sees there, Krafty Kuts only one jumping out?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Does anyone know her to get a poster with all the act/names on it? Like the main big poster? My other half is preforming I would like to get it and frame it for her, any ideas? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

If i remember correctly, you will be forced to use the main entrance when you arrive either way, the paintball is just for people who already have their passes, and no bags etc)...

I think i was green last time. came from Carlow side of Stradbally, to the other side of town and was directed left toward green.

Not sure that's accurate, I parked in Green last year and did the ticket/wrist band swap at the paintball entrance. Was in Pink moon so parking there was the dogs danglies compared to previous years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Does anyone know her to get a poster with all the act/names on it? Like the main big poster? My other half is preforming I would like to get it and frame it for her, any ideas? thanks.

There's a link to an image of the line-up poster on the site but I can't see any way to purchase it. The fact they have a line-up poster laid out, even if it's just on their site at the moment, would lead me to believe it will be available at some stage. Send them an email & see if they could supply one to you early or provide you with a high quality digital image you could get printed yourself.
    Good luck!

Not sure that's accurate, I parked in Green last year and did the ticket/wrist band swap at the paintball entrance. Was in Pink moon so parking there was the dogs danglies compared to previous years.

She's coming from limerick though up the motorway, she'll probably forced to turn off in portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

She's coming from limerick though up the motorway, she'll probably forced to turn off in portlaoise.

Looks like the best way to the car parks near the village when coming from the west is to turn off the M7 before Portlaoise and go through Abbeyleix and Timahoe.
    But I'm sure others with a far better knowledge of the local roads will know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jamie xx was on the main stage at Longitude this year and it worked. The crowd certainly enjoyed him more than the National afterwards. Depends on the kind of songs he'll be playing in a DJ set, Jamie played a lot more mainstream/popular stuff than he had at Forbidden Fruit the year before.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

With Todd terje playing main stage at least it won't be clashing with chemical brothers. Friday night seems very busy in comparison to last few years

I am 100 percent going to peak too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Any must sees there, Krafty Kuts only one jumping out?

Nicky siano.....legend

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Reded wrote: »
    Yr.no the most accurate it's a seafaring weather forecast but it won't give the forecast that far out! It never lets me down!!

YR definitely not as reliable as it once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

definitely not correct. anyone can come in the paintball entrance, i've used it on first entry several times over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

forced to turn off the motorway? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well I hope we get better weather than the Ennis Fleadh last weekend, wind and hard driving drizzle, twas a real street session destroyer.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

forced to turn off the motorway? :confused:

Well if you follow the signs, send you off a road near the place with all the food think it's called the halfway.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Well I hope we get better weather than the Ennis Fleadh last weekend, wind and hard driving drizzle, twas a real street session destroyer.

Going off accuweather,it's looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We've been blessed the last few years on weather, hopefully same again this year.

We really won't know until Wednesday or Thursday next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Lemsiper wrote: »
    YR definitely not as reliable as it once was.

Myself and my husband had a continuous YR vs Accuweather battle on our holiday in the West a couple of weeks ago. Accuweather won every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KarlD18

BananaR wrote: »

We have put tents up the last 2 years with nothing said to us at all.. It was a medium sized 2 man so I'd say go for it. Worse case scenario if u get made take it down there's a camp site quite close to the campervan site that does be alot quieter than the others. No more than a 5 minute walk. Also You can roam freely between all campsites with a weekend camping ticket.

sadie06 wrote: »
    Myself and my husband had a continuous YR vs Accuweather battle on our holiday in the West a couple of weeks ago. Accuweather won every day!

Let's hope he's always right!!

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Let's hope he's always right!!

image.png

Cheers for that forecast drunkmonkey it makes me a little more optimistic about EP's reliability for good weather. :) Was looking at an old EP thread from 2008 I recognised about 3 or 4 posters, one of them your good self, some of the gigs and events mods and Toast and a few others I can't remember at the moment, an interesting read though about the 2008 line up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055263375

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Any weather forecast over 5 days is worth absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 bhoy29

Bus tickets for Electric Picnic 2016 are now up for sale on ticketmaster
    under Electric Picnic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement