Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Any weather forecast over 5 days is worth absolutely nothing.

Less of your negativity please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

Daithi is playing in the Cosby tent on the Saturday at 9.30 according to his facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

For Daniel Avery fans the date he is appearing can now be narrowed down to Friday or Saturday as he is playing Ibiza on Sunday 4th September, oddly Resident Advisor doesn't list his Picnic date at all.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/danielavery

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

festival appearances are often missing on RA, I think it's up to either the artists or the promoters to update/add the events. maybe regular users can do it too, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Less of your negativity please

That's not negative, it's accurate.

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    Daithi is playing in the Cosby tent on the Saturday at 9.30 according to his facebook page.

AHHHHH feck. There's another clash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

For whatever reason it is this year I think the line up is the best in years. I have about 15 must sees, I know for definite it's going be clash central and that hasn't happened with me for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

AHHHHH feck. There's another clash

Saw him in Ennis over the weekend, great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Rfrip wrote: »
    For whatever reason it is this year I think the line up is the best in years. I have about 15 must sees, I know for definite it's going be clash central and that hasn't happened with me for a few years

I'm really liking this years line up, went through what I'd like to see the other day and ended up with 25 acts, a few are must sees,Noel Gallager- New Order and Lemaitre, after that I'm happy to just soak it all in, and the Bowie thing, that should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I assumed it was just a Todd Terje DJ set, no mention of the Olsens, if he was playing main stage then I would expect the Olsens and a live set. Then again they put Fatboy Slim on the main stage a few years ago to DJ. I really hope they don't make that mistake again. It doesn't work.

I'd be 99% confident in saying Todd Terje will be playing a live set. He has been playing a live set for a few years now but it was only a year or so again that he introduced the Olsens. I've seen him play four or five times now and I think only once was it a DJ set, the rest have been live sets with him playing live synths/keyboards. He is going to be one of the highlights of the weekend for me but it will be strange if he is playing on the main stage, I was thinking Kellyanne Byrne may have made a mistake and meant main arena as I definitely did not think he was popular enough for a late ish slot on the main stage.

The Friday night is shaping up to be a cracker. Todd Terje, Chemical Brothers, Hercules & Love Affair, Daft as Punk, Le Freak all acts I am looking forward to seeing already and the timetable isn't even out yet.

Cinema is another Irish act I'm looking forward to seeing on the Friday night. Doesn't have much stuff on youtube but his soundcloud is definitely worth checking out, nice electronic music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Hello all, I'm on the lookout for a playlist with all the acts preferably on Spotify , Nialler9 had one last year but can't find this year's.
    Anyone help plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh didn't realise cinema was there, love that tune time traveller. Christ the weekend really is jam packed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Boooourns wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm on the lookout for a playlist with all the acts preferably on Spotify , Nialler9 had one last year but can't find this year's.
    Anyone help plz?

There's an official EP one on Spotify, it has a couple of songs by most artists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

KarlD18 wrote:
    We have put tents up the last 2 years with nothing said to us at all.. It was a medium sized 2 man so I'd say go for it. Worse case scenario if u get made take it down there's a camp site quite close to the campervan site that does be alot quieter than the others. No more than a 5 minute walk. Also You can roam freely between all campsites with a weekend camping ticket.

I have seen them make people rents down previously but only large tents, small two man ones seem not to be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh didn't realise cinema was there, love that tune time traveller. Christ the weekend really is jam packed

I don't see Cinema on the line-up?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I don't see Cinema on the line-up?????????

He's playing in the Global Green tent on the Friday night. He posted about it on his facebook today.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

He's playing in the Global Green tent on the Friday night. He posted about it on his facebook today.

Friday looks to be clash central!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Friday looks to be clash central!

Particularly for electronic acts, chems Todd terje and possibly Daniel avery.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

Banatamon wrote: »
    As Neil Hannon and Cathy Davey are judging the "Rubbish Song for Europe" I guess they are 2 more acts confirmed for the bill!

My band just got asked to play in this and we're really rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If the Chems Todd Terje and Daniel Avery clash im just going to sit in my tent and cry

• Advertisement

Daniel Avery is playing on the saturday according to his website so probably the same time as Lcd soundsystem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Easy Rod wrote: »
    :confused:
    The place emptied during The National, there was less of a crowd for them than some of the acts on before Jamie xx near the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Daniel Avery is playing on the saturday according to his website so probably the same time as Lcd soundsystem

Oh, I hope not. Really want to see him! Also, King Kong Company are likely to clash with LCD on the Sat..typical .

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

KarlD18 wrote: »
    We have put tents up the last 2 years with nothing said to us at all.. It was a medium sized 2 man so I'd say go for it. Worse case scenario if u get made take it down there's a camp site quite close to the campervan site that does be alot quieter than the others. No more than a 5 minute walk. Also You can roam freely between all campsites with a weekend camping ticket.

We were asked to take down a tent last year! Guess it depends on who's on security & size of tent - they need to have fire lanes between the vans and to allow for exit of vans at different times!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id say chance it and if they ask you to take it down just move to the campsite that's pretty much beside the campervan field.

How do we know LCD are on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Friday's Electric....there on Saturday, probably followed by Radioahead.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Id say chance it and if they ask you to take it down just move to the campsite that's pretty much beside the campervan field.

How do we know LCD are on Saturday?

Al doyle told me on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭kg703

The Eskies are playing Sat night in the Salty Dog - day made. Anyone who has yet to see them pop down, they are brill live. Brill just in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

hey guys anyone help me out ,only mt 3rd picnic so i lack in picnic knowledge, feeling a bit paranoid , i got a ticket from a girl in work for 170 a while back and today i got my friend a ticket for 240, the thing is the ticket for 170 was bought off ticketmaster for 170 in april whereas the ticket for 240 was bought for 240 off ticketmaster in march, just wondering why the ticket bought a month later was cheaper ? they ar both full weekend camping tickets , cheers for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    There's a link to an image of the line-up poster on the site but I can't see any way to purchase it. The fact they have a line-up poster laid out, even if it's just on their site at the moment, would lead me to believe it will be available at some stage. Send them an email & see if they could supply one to you early or provide you with a high quality digital image you could get printed yourself.
    Good luck!

Good advice already. Here's the long version for reference in case that's what you're looking for:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/sites/live.b.electricpicnic.ie/files/images/electric_picnic_2016_line_up_web_approved_03_08_2016.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement