Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

crusha101 wrote: »
    hey guys anyone help me out ,only mt 3rd picnic so i lack in picnic knowledge, feeling a bit paranoid , i got a ticket from a girl in work for 170 a while back and today i got my friend a ticket for 240, the thing is the ticket for 170 was bought off ticketmaster for 170 in april whereas the ticket for 240 was bought for 240 off ticketmaster in march, just wondering why the ticket bought a month later was cheaper ? they ar both full weekend camping tickets , cheers for any help.

The person who paid €240 didn't know about early bird pricing and paid full price, don't worry about it go enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

crusha101 wrote: »
    hey guys anyone help me out ,only mt 3rd picnic so i lack in picnic knowledge, feeling a bit paranoid , i got a ticket from a girl in work for 170 a while back and today i got my friend a ticket for 240, the thing is the ticket for 170 was bought off ticketmaster for 170 in april whereas the ticket for 240 was bought for 240 off ticketmaster in march, just wondering why the ticket bought a month later was cheaper ? they ar both full weekend camping tickets , cheers for any help.

The person who paid 240 didn't know about early bird pricing and paid full price, don't worry about it go enjoy yourself.
    Will do, you to ! thanks a mill, needed to reassure myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The other monkey is correct, the person in work who sold you the ticket for 160 must have gotten it on the early bird/repeat attendee offer.
    They've done you a solid in selling it on at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

declanleo wrote: »
    Daniel Avery is playing on the saturday according to his website so probably the same time as Lcd soundsystem

They had Hopkins playing as sub-headliner last year (I think?) so I'm hoping they do the same this time and have it set up so people can catch Avery and then LCD afterwards.
    Would be bad form otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

The Casa Bacardi Clashfinder seems to have last year's names at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

declanleo wrote: »
    Daniel Avery is playing on the saturday according to his website so probably the same time as Lcd soundsystem

I'll have Daniel Avery @ 2am please.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

Anyone else go up on Saturday morning? The weather forecast is giving me a downer and with the Fri Night lineup looking terrible to me I might go on Sat morning instead. Just wondering about getting a camping space and stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

They had Hopkins playing as sub-headliner last year (I think?) so I'm hoping they do the same this time and have it set up so people can catch Avery and then LCD afterwards.

Yeah Jon Hopkins was in Rankins same time as Blur was on main stage.

10 days to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

patrickb wrote: »
    Anyone else go up on Saturday morning? The weather forecast is giving me a downer and with the Fri Night lineup looking terrible to me I might go on Sat morning instead. Just wondering about getting a camping space and stuff like that

You may as well go down on the Fri. It can be the best night of the weekend despite the line-up! Chemical Brothers will be brilliant! I wouldn't risk heading down Sat morning and getting stuck with a sh1tty camping spot.

You may as well go down on the Fri. It can be the best night of the weekend despite the line-up! Chemical Brothers will be brilliant! I wouldn't risk heading down Sat morning and getting stuck with a sh1tty camping spot.

The last 3 years with the scaled back Friday havent done it for me. I am definitely there for the lineup and dont really get the fuss over the other stuff. Its all cool sure but not enough for me to spend an extra night if I dont have to.

Plus i find it really hard to camp these days. Takes its toll on the body. Gettin old!

I wouldnt really be worried about the camping space really, probably just head up to that big half empty field way up the back of the site.

• Advertisement

woops double post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The last 3 years with the scaled back Friday havent done it for me. I am definitely there for the lineup and dont really get the fuss over the other stuff. Its all cool sure but not enough for me to spend an extra night if I dont have to.

Plus i find it really hard to camp these days. Takes its toll on the body. Gettin old!

I wouldnt really be worried about the camping space really, probably just head up to that big half empty field way up the back of the site.

The Friday last year had more stuff going on, hopefully it will be back to a full schedule Friday this year, it would need to be with the increased capacity.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Impressed by Rusangano Family. Found them through Nialler9's EP Spotify playlist. Third song in and I'm listening to their album. I'll have to go back and listen to more later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

10 days to go!

Yeah remember that but for different reasons "Low" were wedged between the Jon Hopkins and another dance act, dont think they were pleased with the time slot. Alan Sparhawk was shaking the head at one stage to the bass coming ouf of the Jon Hopkins set, his missus on drums Mimi Parker didnt look too impressed.........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Coz

The Casa Bacardi Clashfinder seems to have last year's names at the minute

Ooops. Just fixed that now

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

This is a shameless plug right here, but what the hell since some are discussing the Friday night of the festival. If anybody is up for a bitta reggae, ska and latin - I'm playing with the Clandestinos at around 9.15 Friday, warming up the B&S area on the Earthship Stage. It's basically a 7 piece party band. Short vid from a recent gig here :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1104863252894951&id=190792594302026

Looking forward to this year as always. Lineup not as good for sure, but there are enough gems in there to keep me happy (LCD, Lynched, Russangano Family, SFA, Nas, John Talabot...) and I'm actually looking forward to having more time to chill and explore the place aimlessly. Rather than dashing from stage to stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Oh, I hope not. Really want to see him! Also, King Kong Company are likely to clash with LCD on the Sat..typical .

They are playing at 11pm I think. So more than likely clash with LCD which is a huge pity.

Snarky Snark Snark

10 sleeps

am starting to get a little moist...

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Disgusted over the highly likely clash between king kong company and Lcd.

Speaking of which would anyone have a link to the clash finder at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

Yeah remember that but for different reasons "Low" were wedged between the Jon Hopkins and another dance act, dont think they were pleased with the time slot. Alan Sparhawk was shaking the head at one stage to the bass coming ouf of the Jon Hopkins set, his missus on drums Mimi Parker didnt look too impressed.........:p

Sparhawk tried to play it down, but Mimi was completely pissed off!! Then again I did think it odd that they would play a festival anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

10 days to go!
    Hopkins played 11 to 12, Blur started at 11.30 so there was a chance to see at least the first 30 mins of JH. Surely they can't put Avery up against LCD??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There is no times or stage break downs so not possible yet, a week this Wednesday is a more likely date for the clash finder.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Last year was far less scaled back. Dawes, My Morning Jacket, Belle & Sebastian in the Electric Arena, Ride in Rankins and a full Body & Soul lineup. Am hoping for more this year. 55,000 is an awful lot of people to entertain and cash is no longer an excuse for scaling stuff back.

I wouldn't advise you to print it off until the evening before, or the Friday morning if you have a printer at home:

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2016/

Snarky Snark Snark

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2016

as it says, don't even think about it yet for printing or anything on those times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2016

as it says, don't even think about it yet for printing or anything on those times

What I've been doing the last few years, is screenshotting my itinerary for each day and putting that day up as my phone wallpaper.
    Nice an simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Last year was far less scaled back. Dawes, My Morning Jacket, Belle & Sebastian in the Electric Arena, Ride in Rankins and a full Body & Soul lineup. Am hoping for more this year. 55,000 is an awful lot of people to entertain and cash is no longer an excuse for scaling stuff back.
    Body and Soul has always had a full lineup on Friday.
    Ride were only in the RW tent because of a scheduling **** up of some sort.
    and there's usually 1 or 2 acts in the EA anyway, so essentially we only got an extra 3-4 acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

DBFC have confirmed they'll play the Saturday on their Facebook page, hopefully not up against LCD on the main stage.

Bell X1 & Whitney playing Saturday also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Weather forecast from accuweather is very good for the EP weekend? But predicting weather ten days in advance is even less reliable than trying to piece together the day-by-day lineup ahead of the initial announcement. No point making that sort of call until this time next week.

There will be loads of room in the Joplin and Chaplin campsites on Saturday, don't worry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

what am i reading here - looking forward to EP all year then people thinking of not going to 1/3 of it lol.
    whatevers on it'll be good craic rather than sitting at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement