Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Can anyone tell me if you can directly access the green car park from the red car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

MJohnston wrote: »
    BananaR wrote: »
    It's listed as not allowed in the Ts & Cs but much like the question over whether tents are allowed, I just don't know if it's enforced. It might not be such an issue as a car plus caravan requires more space than campervan. So better than having campervan ticket and bringing caravan..

There is no such thing as a Caravan ticket for EP though.

Yes there is, it was introduced this year.
    [font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Please ensure you select the correct ticket for the type of vehicle you will be bringing into the festival site: the options are campervan or caravan + car. [/font]

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/campervan-caravan-terms-and-conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Whatever about the Coors and Heineken, that is a feckin shocking price for Desperado's - 4.10 per can. There is no justification for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Can anyone tell me if you can directly access the green car park from the red car park?
    no. there's even a road between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

maximoose wrote: »
    It is, but seems to be the accepted price by adverts mods.

DOes it essentially make up the booking fees etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nah I think full price was €234.50 + €6 service charge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Hmm weird, Ticketmaster didn't ask me to indicate what type mine was, it was just a Campervan/Caravan ticket. Still, the fact that they say you cant change it "on site" makes me think you'd be able to alter it by contacting EP or Ticketmaster somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Whatever about the Coors and Heineken, that is a feckin shocking price for Desperado's - 4.10 per can. There is no justification for that.

Any idea how far pinkmoon is from Jimmy Hendrix, might be as easy carry them from the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Any idea how far pinkmoon is from Jimmy Hendrix, might be as easy carry them from the car?

10 mins walk but still a trek once inside pink moon to your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

rocks1981 wrote: »
    no. there's even a road between them.

I always park in red but usually stay in boutique and use main entrance. This year I am staying in Pink Moon, any idea how long a walk it is from red car park to paint ball entrance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I always park in red but usually stay in boutique and use main entrance. This year I am staying in Pink Moon, any idea how long a walk it is from red car park to paint ball entrance?

That's about a 15 min walk (depending on where in the red you are), if you can you're much better aiming for the green car park.

It's what I'm planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Scruffy how far a walk from the green to pink moon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Best places to camp? Half our group is in pink moon and the other half just regular. I reckon Jimi Hendrix is the best best?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Best places to camp? Half our group is in pink moon and the other half just regular. I reckon Jimi Hendrix is the best best?

Cheers

I usually go to Hendrix. The food stalls and showers are there. Handy walk to the main arena too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I usually go to Hendrix. The food stalls and showers are there. Handy walk to the main arena too

Sound, heading down for 10am on Friday, do you think we will be able to get a good spot?

Snarky Snark Snark

Scruffy how far a walk from the green to pink moon...

I got really lucky last year, up the front of green, so it was a 5 min walk with gear from car to the entrance of pink moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Cheers

Depends what you mean by "best"...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Sound, heading down for 10am on Friday, do you think we will be able to get a good spot?

You should be good. I was there around 10 last year and there was acres of room. Aim around half way between the jacks and the grub...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

declanleo wrote: »
    Hopefully Pablo will do another ,that was class last year

Will be doing it this year. Probably do it this weekend. Currently heading home from holidays in France. No point in releasing it before the timetables though as it uses the clashfinder data.

Also waiting on an official map. Hope the map doesn't change too much as it's a bit of a job updating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Snap! have been added to the Electric Ireland 'bill'

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Snap! have been added to the Electric Ireland 'bill'

So Electric Ireland actually has the power?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Remains to be seen :rolleyes:

They'll be showing films in there this year too, Ferris Bueller, Goonies, that type of thing.

Snarky Snark Snark

Meh to the movies

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Is Hendrix only 15 mins from pink moon? It feels like an hour when you're carrying everything through the site then trench town then salty dog! Banking on getting into green this year following a seasoned driver down he's promising us he'll get us in! Also I don't hate the movies I watched Mrs doubt fire last year when I thought I'd ruined myself and it set me right again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

For your own sake, your definition of a 'good spot' should not include a) handy access to the toilets or b) right beside a lovely tree

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Got there at 12 last year and got a decent spot handy enough for two 4 man tents. Depends how many there is though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Everyone is having their dinner doo da roo da roo da roo.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Last year was far less scaled back. Dawes, My Morning Jacket, Belle & Sebastian in the Electric Arena, Ride in Rankins and a full Body & Soul lineup. Am hoping for more this year. 55,000 is an awful lot of people to entertain and cash is no longer an excuse for scaling stuff back.
    Body and Soul has always had a full lineup on Friday.
    Ride were only in the RW tent because of a scheduling **** up of some sort.
    and there's usually 1 or 2 acts in the EA anyway, so essentially we only got an extra 3-4 acts.
    In 2014 we only had one act in the EA, and none in 2013 as Giorgio Moroder cancelled due to illness. With Ride & the three in EA there were alternatives last year that we'd not had for a while.

Thus we did pretty well in 2015, and the late Body & Soul acts were arguably of a higher calibre than usual (Ho99o9, LA Priest).

Here's hoping for a big step up on Fri week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    We've been too lucky with the weather over the last few years, I reckon this year is definitely going to be a washout.
    Thanks for the good vibes man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement