Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Does anyone have any experience in booking yurts for this festival?
    I need 2 yurts but was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of which company to use?
    Also I see some offer boutique weekend wristbands (lim Bohemia). Do I still need to buy a weekend camping ticket if I have one of those?

Cheers for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi. I'm paying for my ticket via the installment plan. I lost my bank card recently and had to have a new one issued. So Ticketmaster weren't able to collect the most recent installment. I've tried ringing them to clarify what happened but they seem to be on hold all the time. Does anyone there email address? I can't find it on their site. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Certainly hope so, should start seeing rumours and listings for acts headlining the european festival circuit soon too which will give us an idea as to who's about next year

Pixies have started announcing summer festivals, presume they will do EP? Think I heard New Order will be on the road next summer also. Maybe Duran Duran as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

anybody on the instalment plan not get their December amount taken ? there was no problems with funds in my account so not an issue my end

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Could be very unlikely but would love to see The Last Shadow Puppets play EP 2016!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

DermoMIO wrote: »
    anybody on the instalment plan not get their December amount taken ? there was no problems with funds in my account so not an issue my end

Me !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My card details changed between the first installment and this one which meant they couldn't take it out so I had to call them and give them the new card details. If the instalment didn't come out you need to call ticketmaster and sort it out, if you don't they'll cancel your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    My card details changed between the first installment and this one which meant they couldn't take it out so I had to call them and give them the new card details. If the instalment didn't come out you need to call ticketmaster and sort it out, if you don't they'll cancel your ticket.

Could well be a lot of BOI customers who got caught with that due to their switch over from Visa to Mastercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Could be very unlikely but would love to see The Last Shadow Puppets play EP 2016!

New album in the Spring - which should be great!!

Did they play live on the last one? I don't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I could see the chemical brothers returning! If touring in 2016' that is? Their set at Glastonbury was magic.

Im expecting some form of line up announcement soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this happening soon would like to see the return of the summer and hot weather.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I could see the chemical brothers returning! If touring in 2016' that is? Their set at Glastonbury was magic.

Im expecting some form of line up announcement soon.

EP replied to someone on Twitter saying they won't be making any announcements until early Spring. I hope they give some hint of a line-up sooner than that.

I agree Chemical Bros would be brilliant. They need some more headliners of that calibre as opposed to wailing Sam Smith and Florence & The Machine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

EP replied to someone on Twitter saying they won't be making any announcements until early Spring. I hope they give some hint of a line-up sooner than that.

I agree Chemical Bros would be brilliant. They need some more headliners of that calibre as opposed to wailing Sam Smith and Florence & The Machine.

I think rte 2fm are doing the advent calender thing again this year. I think George Ezra and Roisn Murphy were announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I think rte 2fm are doing the advent calender thing again this year. I think George Ezra and Roisn Murphy were announced?

Pretty sure that's from EP this year.

Pretty sure that's from EP this year.

Yea i meant they were announced from last year's advent calender

Unless they change their mind but someone replied to the 2fm advent calendar tweet and said no names will be announced this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

So the pixies have announced 2 dates here in July. There goes the hope of getting them at EP I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

bd2012 wrote: »
    So the pixies have announced 2 dates here in July. There goes the hope of getting them at EP I suppose.

Ya , they deserve a stand alone gig in dublin but another night in cork so soon after they last played is gonna struggle to sell.

They would have been a good addition to the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I really hope Kodaline don't headline

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Kodaline would be a disappointment alright. I don't hate them but they're just so bland I'd want someone a bit more exciting. Chemical Bros would be good. Red Hot Chili Peppers are supposed to be releasing a new album in 2016 but I'd say they'll do their own gig in Dublin like last time.

It's hard to think of any bands that aren't too big or too sh!te!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

MadYaker wrote: »
    Kodaline would be a disappointment alright. I don't hate them but they're just so bland I'd want someone a bit more exciting. Chemical Bros would be good. Red Hot Chili Peppers are supposed to be releasing a new album in 2016 but I'd say they'll do their own gig in Dublin like last time.

It's hard to think of any bands that aren't too big or too sh!te!

Exactly. It's not that I hate them or anything, I actually don't really mind their stuff at all but they're just so bland. There's hundreds of bands that are like them. There's bands in America we haven't even heard of who play even better music than them, the market for that type of music over here is just so saturated we will never hear of them.

I wouldn't even be against them playing at EP, even on the main stage but at a day time slot, but there's no doubt that them headlining would sell tickets of a certain kind. They have a particularly loyal audience who would pay to go see kodaline and see them and scream their heads off while they're watching them. Just not for me. Chemical Bros would be very good as would the chillis. Heard a rumour that Faithless were being lined up, not necessarily to headline but wouldn't mind seeing Insomnia live at all

BOHtox wrote: »
    Exactly. It's not that I hate them or anything, I actually don't really mind their stuff at all but they're just so bland. There's hundreds of bands that are like them. There's bands in America we haven't even heard of who play even better music than them, the market for that type of music over here is just so saturated we will never hear of them.

I wouldn't even be against them playing at EP, even on the main stage but at a day time slot, but there's no doubt that them headlining would sell tickets of a certain kind. They have a particularly loyal audience who would pay to go see kodaline and see them and scream their heads off while they're watching them. Just not for me. Chemical Bros would be very good as would the chillis. Heard a rumour that Faithless were being lined up, not necessarily to headline but wouldn't mind seeing Insomnia live at all

I agree. Kodaline are as bland as they come. Hoping this year EP find a solid rock act to headline instead of a bland ballad band.
    Chemical Brothers or Faithless would be fantastic to see as headliners!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Some big news coming later today, like the biggest ever"

From Kodaline's FB page.

Well that's that then. They'll be headlining. Not everyone's cup of tea, but they'd be a big enough draw, and I doubt they'd cost that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They are doing a Marlay Park gig so that's what the announcement is. Its not for EP.

andreac wrote: »
    They are doing a Marlay Park gig so that's what the announcement is. Its not for EP.

Really? Hardly a big announcement so. Still think they'll play EP though.

They're just after performing sell out shows at 3 arena, Marley Park in 7 months, it would be a bit much if they were also headlining EP.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Really? Hardly a big announcement so. Still think they'll play EP though.

No way will they do EP after announcing this gig.

They're just after performing sell out shows at 3 arena, Marley Park in 7 months, it would be a bit much if they were also headlining EP.

Yeah I'm surprised they'll be announcing another gig in Marlay Park for next year considering they've played two separate venues in Dublin this year, and they haven't released any new material either.

Also, "the biggest ever" part of their FB post would hardly apply to just playing another gig in Marlay Park? :confused: They played their last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The poster for the Marley Park show says it's their only Irish show of 2016, just to put fears to rest.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah I'm surprised they'll be announcing another gig in Marlay Park for next year considering they've played two separate venues in Dublin this year, and they haven't released any new material either.

Also, "the biggest ever" part of their FB post would hardly apply to just playing another gig in Marlay Park? :confused: They played their last year.

The played Kilmainham last year not Marlay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement