Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you're camping in jHendrix there's a few things to keep in mind. Don't camp beside trees or the fence at the back because that's where people piss. Don't camp near the food stalls at the front because it's really noisy 24/7. Don't camp beside the toilets for obvious reasons. Ideally you want to be somewhere in the middle, close to a path so your tent is easy to find but not directly beside a path so your tent doesn't get stood on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Everyone is having their dinner doo da roo da roo da roo.

quiet you.... and go find us the set list for Radiohead @ the Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Would 2 or 3 pm be too late to get a camping space on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Can anybody please tell me if a General Caravan and Car Pass is in the same area as the General Campervan pass.Thought I bought a General Campervan Pass but it says General Caravan and Car Pass on it.Just dont wanna travel up in a Campervan and not be let in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can anybody please tell me if a General Caravan and Car Pass is in the same area as the General Campervan pass.Thought I bought a General Campervan Pass but it says General Caravan and Car Pass on it.Just dont wanna travel up in a Campervan and not be let in!!!

It sounds like yourself and LG1234 who posted about three or four pages back were led to believe that you were buying camper passes, maybe you should post on the EP Facebook event page although they don't have a wall anymore so you will have to comment under their most recent post and alert them of this problem, perhaps they might ask you to mail them and you could probably get this sorted out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

They seem to be the same thing. Both the same area.
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/camping

Campervans, a caravan with a towing vehicle and a trailer tent with towing vehicle will each be class as a UNIT and will require a caravan/campervan ticket.

Every occupant of the campervan/caravan must have a valid weekend camping ticket to gain entry to the campervan/caravan field.
    You will receive a sticker in the post to put on your vehicle windscreen so you can gain access to the campervan/caravan field.
    Towing vehicles must remain with the caravan at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

https://twitter.com/TheEskies/status/768132401516146688

Don't think I've seen a Salty Dog announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

It sounds like yourself and LG1234 who posted about three or four pages back were led to believe that you were buying camper passes, maybe you should post on the EP Facebook event page although they don't have a wall anymore so you will have to comment under their most recent post and alert them of this problem, perhaps they might ask you to mail them and you could probably get this sorted out.

Send them an FB message, I sent 1 last night and they got back fairly sharp this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you're camping in jHendrix there's a few things to keep in mind. Don't camp beside trees or the fence at the back because that's where people piss. Don't camp near the food stalls at the front because it's really noisy 24/7. Don't camp beside the toilets for obvious reasons. Ideally you want to be somewhere in the middle, close to a path so your tent is easy to find but not directly beside a path so your tent doesn't get stood on you don't get stung by security/Garda when you're racking up fat lines with a joint hanging out of the corner of your mouth.
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

MUST SEES:

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
    THE SHINS
    SUPER FURRY ANIMALS
    BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE
    PANTHA DU PRINCE PRES. THE TRIAD
    DANIEL AVERY

WILL MAKE A GOOD EFFORT TO SEE:

NEW ORDER
    NICKY SIANO
    TODD TERJE
    ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
    SAVAGES
    ADAM BEYER
    PHOSPHORESCENT
    EZRA FURMAN
    KEVIN MORBY
    DBFC
    KARL BLAU
    OVERHEAD, THE ALBATROSS
    MOTHXR
    LE GALAXIE

WOULD LIKE TO SEE BUT SURE YE KNOW YOURSELF:

LANA DEL REY
    NATHANIEL RATELIFF MOB
    EDITORS
    LOCAL NATIVES
    ABC
    **** ROBOT
    JESSY LANZA
    WHITNEY
    MOTHERS
    JULIA JACKLIN
    LEMAITRE
    ELEANOR FRIEDBERGER
    KRAFTY KUTS
    WHILK & MISKY
    HORSE MEAT DISCO
    DAFT AS PUNK
    TIMMY STEWART
    BANANARAMA
    MR SCRUFF
    FISH GO DEEP

Any more suggestions would be most welcome!

• Advertisement

MUST SEES:

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
    THE SHINS
    SUPER FURRY ANIMALS
    BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE
    PANTHA DU PRINCE PRES. THE TRIAD
    DANIEL AVERY

NEW ORDER
    NICKY SIANO
    TODD TERJE
    ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
    SAVAGES
    ADAM BEYER
    PHOSPHORESCENT
    EZRA FURMAN
    KEVIN MORBY
    DBFC
    KARL BLAU
    OVERHEAD, THE ALBATROSS
    MOTHXR
    LE GALAXIE

LANA DEL REY
    NATHANIEL RATELIFF MOB
    EDITORS
    LOCAL NATIVES
    ABC
    **** ROBOT
    JESSY LANZA
    WHITNEY
    MOTHERS
    JULIA JACKLIN
    LEMAITRE
    ELEANOR FRIEDBERGER
    KRAFTY KUTS
    WHILK & MISKY
    HORSE MEAT DISCO
    DAFT AS PUNK
    TIMMY STEWART
    BANANARAMA
    MR SCRUFF
    FISH GO DEEP

Any more suggestions would be most welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Your lists need more Chemical Brothers. So good live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Poorside wrote: »
    Send them an FB message, I sent 1 last night and they got back fairly sharp this morning

I did and got a reply with an email for me to mail about it.Will report back as soon as I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

They are one in the same! Campervans and caravans are in the same area every year! Cars must remain hitched to caravans and no modified vehicles (ie vans) are permitted!

Synode wrote: »

They are indeed but I've seen'em play Belfast this summer and Longitude last summer, and a couple of times before.

Can very much see'em clashing with the Shins and SFA in Electric Arena first night though, so left them off my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Synode wrote: »

The live show is pretty incredible, Believe, the second tune here at 5 mins is particularly immense live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wow that's class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

AlfaJack wrote: »
    Would 2 or 3 pm be too late to get a camping space on the Friday?

I always pitch my tent around 5 in joplin

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

andreac wrote: »
    Wow that's class!!

As an aging indie kid, nearly all my "best gig ever!!!!" gigs date back to the 90s.

Chemical Bros @ EP around 2011 is one of three exceptions to that - was blown away by that show.

My No.1 must see for this year - no question.

(Other two more recent "best ever gigs" for context - Primal Scream in their Kevin Shields/Exterminator incarnation @ Hammersmith Palais, David Byrne & St. Vincent @ EP a few years back)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

For all the moaning about the line-up, I think this year goes really deep as my list below shows... I really won't see half of this. Shout out to neilo87 for the excellent category names :)

MUST SEES:
    LCD
    Chemical Bros
    New Order
    Animal Collective

Skepta
    Adam Beyer
    Pantha du Prince
    Daniel Avery
    Little Simz
    Mura Masa
    Nao
    Pumarosa
    Trinity Orchestra
    Toby Kaar
    Donal Dineen
    The David Bowie thing in Trailer Park
    The thing Blindboy Boatclub is at in Mindfield
    Bananarama
    Something in Anachronica but not sure what, depends on timetable
    Something in RBMA but not sure what, depends on timetable

Rubberbandits
    Daft as Punk
    Nas
    Bat for Lashes
    Wolf Alice
    Joey Badass
    Glass Animals
    Mount Kimbie DJ set
    Phosphorescent
    Kano
    New Jackson
    Jenny Greene & RTE Orchestra
    Sing Along Social
    Noel Gallagher
    Todd Terje
    John Talabot
    DJ EZ
    Mr Scruff
    Nicky Siano

IF I CAN BE ARSED LISTENING TO A FEW TUNES BEFOREHAND THEY MIGHT BECOME ONES TO SEE:
    Shins
    Savages
    Broken Social Scene
    Local Natives
    Whitney

WOULD GO SEE THEM IF IT WASNT FOR THEIR GIG IN DUBLIN LATER THIS YEAR:
    Super Furries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

I like the Chemical Brothers, have seen them at least 20 times live in their various guises (the Bust Brothers etc) since the early 90s but have never been impressed with their live PA.
    Great tunes without a doubt, but the lazer/ Fancy graphics show and Tom & Ed standing po-faced behind the consoles is a bit samey, lifeless & stale compared to some of their 'Mainstage Heritage' UK Electronic contemporaries- ie Leftfield, Underworld, Orbital, and even the likes of Faithless, bloody Basement Jaxx & the Prodigy all have more presence live IMHO

Their DJ sets have always been excellent on the other hand- I've piles of their 90s mixtapes lying around my Ma's house somewhere that need uploading to Soundcloud or whatever its called.
    Pity they never got a some of their colab vocalists or MC's involved in the live sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Sure may as well.. My list is a lot shorter than previous posters, fair play to ye!

MUST SEES:

The Chemical Brothers
    LCD Soundsystem
    New Order
    Daniel Avery
    King Kong Company
    Adam Beyer

John Talabot
    Todd Terje
    Lana Del Rey
    Rejjie Snow
    Savages
    Jenny Greene & RTE Orchestra
    Mothxr
    Anything in Anachronica

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Jesus that overhead the albatross album is great. Has anyone seen them live? What were they like?
    Pd66

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

So many i'd like to see, but the essentials are:

LCD
    New Order
    Lynched
    This is the kit
    Toots
    Wild Beasts

If I can, I'll see:

Avett brothers
    Bat for lashes
    Chemicals
    Cinema
    Ezra Furman
    Hercules
    New jackson
    S Robot
    Otherkin
    Relish
    Savages

There's more again, that i'd like to see, but i'd be all day posting.
    If i get to see the above i'll be doing well..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Snap! have been added to the Electric Ireland 'bill'

That news is as serious as cancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

Whats a good time to arrive there at, and which campsite is usually regarded as the best for a balance between craic and sleeping? We would have maybe 4 tents between us

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Jesus that overhead the albatross album is great. Has anyone seen them live? What were they like?
    Pd66

Saw them two/three years ago exactly where they'll play this year. I find that the type of music gets a bit lost in the daylight and outdoors so it'll be interesting to see what time they're on.

That's not to take away from the band itself though. Very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

jmillz wrote: »
    Whats a good time to arrive there at, and which campsite is usually regarded as the best for a balance between craic and sleeping? We would have maybe 4 tents between us

As early as you can. We were setting up camp at 12.00 pm last year and we had a good choice of space as to where to camp. I've no experience in other campsites but was happy enough with Andy Warhol so heading back there again this year. Definitely bringing earplugs though just to get a few hours kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

I have standard weekend tickets and a standard campervan pass - thinking of bringing kids and now buying a family campervan pass.

But - Does anyone know if you can enter the family campervan site without family camping tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I have standard weekend tickets and a standard campervan pass - thinking of bringing kids and now buying a family campervan pass.

But - Does anyone know if you can enter the family campervan site without family camping tickets?

I don't think there is any possibility of entering the family campsite without family tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement