Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

sadie06 wrote: »
    I don't think there is any possibility of entering the family campsite without family tickets.

Well that's a pain but understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Saw them two/three years ago exactly where they'll play this year. I find that the type of music gets a bit lost in the daylight and outdoors so it'll be interesting to see what time they're on.

That's not to take away from the band itself though. Very impressive.

Ah I've seen them 5 times lads they are not to be missed! The stuff from the first 2 albums will have you bopping about and I cannot wait to hear the new stuff live! Dreamliner, Tough Guy and 2BU are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

jmillz wrote: »
    Whats a good time to arrive there at, and which campsite is usually regarded as the best for a balance between craic and sleeping? We would have maybe 4 tents between us

My plan is to have the car packed by Wednesday night. Leave work Thursday and head herselfs folks home... on the road for 6.30 Friday morning and in and set up can open asap. Best choice of spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/salty-dog-just-announced

Salty Dog. Seems awfully similar to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

declanleo wrote: »
    I always pitch my tent around 5 in joplin

scale.php?img=OC8zLzgvMy8xLTkxMzgwMDMtODM4MzUxNS5qcGc&ctype=1&v=4&q=81&xs=620&ys=383&sig=b56a2ebcc306c5f41e73ae7043968e5ad34172e2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭kg703

Is there any stages that Aine Cahill has yet to be announced on? She'll have a busy weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭leakyboots

room_149 wrote: »
    I like the Chemical Brothers, have seen them at least 20 times live in their various guises (the Bust Brothers etc) since the early 90s but have never been impressed with their live PA.
    Great tunes without a doubt, but the lazer/ Fancy graphics show and Tom & Ed standing po-faced behind the consoles is a bit samey, lifeless & stale compared to some of their 'Mainstage Heritage' UK Electronic contemporaries- ie Leftfield, Underworld, Orbital, and even the likes of Faithless, bloody Basement Jaxx & the Prodigy all have more presence live IMHO

Their DJ sets have always been excellent on the other hand- I've piles of their 90s mixtapes lying around my Ma's house somewhere that need uploading to Soundcloud or whatever its called.
    Pity they never got a some of their colab vocalists or MC's involved in the live sets.

Have a read of this from their techie
    http://www.soundonsound.com/people/matt-cox-midi-tech-chemical-brothers

(definitely upload those old mixtapes btw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I love this thread now in the final two weeks. No complaining about the line up, nothing but querys, tips and great recommendations.

I know it won't be till next week but I desperately need to see times. Clash central I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Rfrip wrote: »
    I love this thread now in the final two weeks. No complaining about the line up, nothing but querys, tips and great recommendations.

I know it won't be till next week but I desperately need to see times. Clash central I think!

I second the great recommendations. Can't fault most boardsies on here for their music taste :pac:

Saturday night in particular will see a lot of clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't it be great if someone could get hold of one of the laminate timetable things you hang around your neck in advance of the festival, has no one ever tried to leak that info before, would be so handy to plan ahead.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Le Galaxie's DJ set is on the Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Saturday night in particular will see a lot of clashes.

Who's been confirmed for Saturday night so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Since people are putting up their recommendations and go-to acts, here's a few of mine aside from the immediately obvious ones (headliners) :

ROCK/INDIE/PUNK/ALTERNATIVE

The Shins
    Broken Social Scene
    Overhead, The Albratross
    Savages
    Fangclub
    Bat For Lashes

ELECTRONIC & HIP HOP

Nas (obviously)
    Rusangano Family
    King Kong Company
    John Talabot
    Todd Terje
    Mount Kimbie
    Tobi Kaar

FOLK/ACOUSTIC

Lynched (a must see live!)
    Saint Sister
    Dr Strangely Strange
    Phosphorescent
    Kevin Morby
    John Coneely Inc. (A plug for this local Galway hero. A big band of cracking musicians playing chilled out swing jazz, jazz blues and a great vocalist)

Prob plenty I've left out but there's a few I'll be trying to catch alongside LCD, SFA etc. Also that's a realistic breakdown of what I'll hopefully see. No point trying to catch EVERYONE you'd be interested as it never happens, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Wouldn't it be great if someone could get hold of one of the laminate timetable things you hang around your neck in advance of the festival, has no one ever tried to leak that info before, would be so handy to plan ahead.

It kind of seems traditional at this stage that the times are announced so late. It's like a catalyst for the final boards' EP moan about clashes before the festival starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

leakyboots wrote: »

what a brilliant article, and to think some people say they just turn up and press a button :)

edit: sorry, that should be 'push' the button shouldn't it? ;)

what a brilliant article, and to think some people say they just turn up and press a button :)

edit: sorry, that should be 'push' the button shouldn't it? ;)

It is but it doesn't alter the point made on the last page about stage presence. It's all well and good acknowledging that they don't just push a button but it'd be great to see some human interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

My list so far, don't know many all that well but have been listening on spotify - i'm into more chart music than most here would seem. i always have a big list but end up in casa bacardi all fri night and spend a bit of time in heineken sound atlas too - chemical bros will prob change that on the fri this year.

Noel Gallagher
    Chemical Bros
    LCD Soundsystem
    The 1975
    Nas
    Kano
    Skepta
    Gorgon City
    Years & Years
    Joey Bada$$
    Little Simz
    DJ EZ
    Mother DJs
    The Blizzards
    The Strypes
    A-Skillz
    NAO
    Mura Masa
    Jack Garatt
    Daft as Punk
    Le Freak
    Smash Hits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Who's been confirmed for Saturday night so far?

King Kong Company have confirmed they're playing 11pm Sat night.
    Think people are saying LCD will be on Sat night too. Daniel Avery looking likely for Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Ah I've seen them 5 times lads they are not to be missed! The stuff from the first 2 albums will have you bopping about and I cannot wait to hear the new stuff live! Dreamliner, Tough Guy and 2BU are amazing!

I think the previous poster was talking about Overhead, The Albatross and you're talking about Wild Beasts (I 100% agree with your Wild Beasts comment though!)

Overhead, The Albatross are fantastic live, I've seen them twice and the first time seeing them as a bit of an unknown absolutely blew me away.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I think the previous poster was talking about Overhead, The Albatross and you're talking about Wild Beasts (I 100% agree with your Wild Beasts comment though!)

Overhead, The Albatross are fantastic live, I've seen them twice and the first time seeing them as a bit of an unknown absolutely blew me away.

Trying to figure out how Wild Beasts entered the conversation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Just had a look at Accuweather...doesn't look like we'll need the sunglasses anyway :mad: I'm hoping it's too far out still to be right!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Just had a look at Accuweather...doesn't look like we'll need the sunglasses anyway :mad: I'm hoping it's too far out still to be right!:D

It's changed for the worse alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

SmallBalls wrote: »

It's changed for the worse alright :(
    Yeah changed from exactly the opposite when i checked this morning. Absolutely no point in checking that until Next Monday. And even at that.... pack prepared ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Can someone check accuweather and tell me what it'll be like for Christmas? Just wondering if I should bother with a big jacket this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

as I've learned from the several hundred page Glastonbury weather thread on efestivals; accuweather don't have a clue, yr.no don't have a clue, basically none of the weather sites with animated graphics of sun/rain have a clue and constantly change and contradict each other, and trying to predict more than 3 days in advance is often a complete waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

trying to predict more than 3 days in advance is often a complete waste of time!

tPJgE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

No point in torturing yourself.. we were supposed to have a heatwave for it last year, and while it was dry, it was pretty chilly! Monday will be the first accurate prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

any hints or tips on backpacks or trolleys?

need new ones of both this year. The trolley needs to have big ass wheels and smaller uns get stuck in the mud

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Keep an eye on MT's forecasts in the Weather forum, probably the most realistic forecasts I've seen:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=105

Here's the current forecast for the relevant timeframe:
    A dry start to next week with a vigorous frontal passage expected mid-week, most likely Tuesday night in Ireland and Wednesday in Britain, gusty winds and thunderstorms possible. Highs Monday and Tuesday in the low 20s. A slight drop in temperature will accompany the front but it should warm up fairly fast again towards the end of the week.

By next Monday/Tuesday we'll have a much better idea of what the weather will be like.

There's also an EP Weather thread in that forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057632748

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There's no point looking at forecasts until this time next week, don't do it to yourselves.

Some of you have very long lists! There's only about 15 acts I'm going to try and see and only a few must sees, LCD, Chemical Brothers, Noel Gallagher, Wolf Alice, Daniel Avery, Todd Terje are the ones I really want to see.

Ill try and get to Lana, Skepta, Nas, New Jackson, **** Robot, King Kong Company, Daithi, Joey Bada$$.

Kormac is doing a DJ set on the Salty Dog which should be good also, I've seen him a few times in GAlway and he's always great.

I just saw EP replying to someone on Facebook saying that they'll be releasing times for the main stages from Monday onwards which is earlier than last year I think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement