Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

FrewBrews wrote: »
    Anyone into Glass Animals? Haven't seen them on anybody's lists. I've only discovered them recently and am digging their sound. Plus there new album is out Friday. Wondering what they are like live.

Im not sure what o think of their new singles. Saw them in 2014 on one of the smaller B&S stages. Not a big crowd and they were ok. I have them on my "sure well see how were gettin on" list. That mighy get updated Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

michdee wrote: »
    This probably going sound bit strange but do any of the bars at the picnic sell non alco beer for all us drivers??

Possibly at the beer frontier, think they had non Alcohol Paulener there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone into Glass Animals? Haven't seen them on anybody's lists. I've only discovered them recently and am digging their sound. Plus there new album is out Friday. Wondering what they are like live.
    They played two sets in 2014 - Little Big Tent & Main Stage Body & Soul, both on the Sunday. Caught the first one and great, pals said the second one was even better. I'm expecting a very decent set from them next week, though I've not heard the new album yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They played two sets in 2014 - Little Big Tent & Main Stage Body & Soul, both on the Sunday. Caught the first one and great, pals said the second one was even better. I'm expecting a very decent set from them next week, though I've not heard the new album yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

only started listening to them the other day, liking a lot, they're on the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

See this is the problem. If I start exploring the lineup anymore it'll only result in new stuff clashing with stuff that's already on my list. I did it for Glastonbury and regretted it. I've got about 15 acts I want to see and that's enough. I'm sure Overhead, The Albatross and Glass Animals and whoever else are all great but I don't think I want to find out until after the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Very high up my list of acts to see. Had never really heard much of them up until they appeared on the EP line up. And I am very grateful that they did

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

MadYaker wrote: »
    See this is the problem. If I start exploring the lineup anymore it'll only result in new stuff clashing with stuff that's already on my list. I did it for Glastonbury and regretted it. I've got about 15 acts I want to see and that's enough. I'm sure Overhead, The Albatross and Glass Animals and whoever else are all great but I don't think I want to find out until after the festival.

This has fast become a problem for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Stillill42

These Charming Men for the Salty Dog! I love those boys!

Stillill42 wrote: »
    These Charming Men for the Salty Dog! I love those boys!

The salty dog nostars are doing a bowie set as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Is Anachronica the rave in the woods this year? Can't see any sign of the red bull music academy stage.. Couldn't find the rave last year so really wanna make it this time round!!

Snarky Snark Snark

It's the something in the woods alright, Red bull have another stage thingy inside the main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Cheers. My sobriety was compromised last year and I couldn't find my way, at least I'll have an idea what I'm looking for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've got about 15 acts I want to see and that's enough

In reality, managing to see any 15 acts over the course of the weekend in any kind of proper way is no mean feat.

However, having a longer list of acts you're interested in seeing minimises the pain of the inevitable clashes as well as the cost of the inevitable "****, i forgot xxx band were on..." which will start happening around 10pm on Friday.

Just don't expect to see more than 10-15 acts on whatever list you have (if any)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

It is definitely EP time, we are arguing about lyrics for Rhythm is a Dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

No cocktail cocktail on the app, this can only be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Does anyone have any nice electronic stuff that might be on some of the lesser known stages that they can recommend?

I would put Pantha du Prince in my "nice electronic stuff" category - unsure as to whether if he fits the "lesser known stages" bill tho

He's doing a show based 100% around his new The Triad album so give that a listen maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

It's probably been mentioned but based on their other dates Broken Social Scene are playing Friday.

KKC are playing the Cosby tent at 11 on the Sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Anyone into Glass Animals? Haven't seen them on anybody's lists. I've only discovered them recently and am digging their sound. Plus their new album is out Friday. Wondering what they are like live.

Thank you so much for posting this! Looked them up there now on Spotify and they've definitely been added to my must see list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    It's probably been mentioned but based on their other dates Broken Social Scene are playing Friday.

Ah fark ! Friday has allot more acts I want to see that normal

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

MUST SEES:

YEARS & YEARS
    LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
    LANA
    CHEM BROS
    NOEL G
    MURA MASA
    BAT FOR LASHES
    THE 1975
    TODD TERJE
    GORGON CITY

Honestly everything else is whatever i happen to be near. I'm there to have a good time at the end of the day and I know i'll enjoy anything i can dance/bop to with my friends. buzzing for next week! (and enough y&y ribbing on this forum - i actually like them a lot :P) OH and loads of time in anachronica/random djs!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Must sees for me:

LCD Soundsystem
    The Shins
    Chemical Brothers
    Noel Gallagher
    Bell X1
    New Order
    Supper Furry Animals
    Bat For Lashes

Outside of that, I'll be going with the flow with whatever the rest of my group wanna see I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Seems like 100% boardsie attendance at LCD soundsystem

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

AlfaJack wrote: »
    Thank you so much for posting this! Looked them up there now on Spotify and they've definitely been added to my must see list.

Would highly recommend, I caught a bit them last year at EP and loved them

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I would put Pantha du Prince in my "nice electronic stuff" category - unsure as to whether if he fits the "lesser known stages" bill tho

He's doing a show based 100% around his new The Triad album so give that a listen maybe

Lemaitre worth a look too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

rocks1981 wrote: »
    Im not sure what o think of their new singles. Saw them in 2014 on one of the smaller B&S stages. Not a big crowd and they were ok. I have them on my "sure well see how were gettin on" list. That mighy get updated Friday.

The played on body and soul main stage...up against outkast so a tough job getting a crowd! They played to a packed out tent earlier that day. Fantastic live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Lemaitre worth a look too I think

Heard one of their songs on the EP playlist and it was very good. On my to see list

Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Seems like 100% boardsie attendance at LCD soundsystem

but likely only a 5% attendance at any meet up attempt :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hoping SFA pull this one out of the bag on the Friday night. I've seen them 3 times and they've not played it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement