Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Hoping SFA pull this one out of the bag on the Friday night.

I'd be betting on a similar enough set to Body and Soul last year.

The Olympia gig in a few months time is Fuzzy Logic followed by Radiator - every single track. Demons guaranteed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Rfrip wrote: »
    I love this thread now in the final two weeks. No complaining about the line up, nothing but querys, tips and great recommendations.

I know it won't be till next week but I desperately need to see times. Clash central I think!

Was just thinking the same thing as I popped in - it's been way too moany last few weeks... Ready to party!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

declanleo wrote: »
    No cocktail cocktail on the app, this can only be a good thing

Ah now, a mate of mine was just suggesting we dedicate our weekend to a mix of Cocktail Cocktail, the legendary e-lites area plus heavy doses of sitting at our tent - please don't say any of this is in danger.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I got a feeling Daniel Avery could be on earlier in the evening if you look at his billing in the poster he is way below that of Jon Hopkins last year, Jon Hopkins was in bigger font, did he close Rankin Woods on Saturday. Avery could be Little Big Tent and could be anywhere placed between sometime around 8 to 10 pm onwards. Just my two cents there. Actually I could be wrong I don't know, I swear Hopkins name was bigger when he was first announced, but the print looks about the same for Avery, so maybe he will close Rankin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Hoping SFA pull this one out of the bag on the Friday night. I've seen them 3 times and they've not played it.

Doesn't look like it, alas. Their recent setlists have been pretty similar and no sign of Demons.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/super-furry-animals/2016/fulham-palace-london-england-23fc988f.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I got a feeling Daniel Avery could be on earlier in the evening if you look at his billing in the poster he is way below that of Jon Hopkins last year, Jon Hopkins was in bigger font, did he close Rankin Woods on Saturday. Avery could be Little Big Tent and could be anywhere placed between sometime around 8 to 10 pm onwards. Just my two cents there. Actually I could be wrong I don't know, I swear Hopkins name was bigger when he was first announced, but the print looks about the same for Avery, so maybe he will close Rankin.
    Hopkins closed the tent, on from 11 to 12. I reckon you're right regarding Avery having an earlier slot. And if not I think we're relatively safe as I can't see LCD starting before 12, possibly 12.30 as they'll take a fair while to set up after Gallagher. LCD's set is only about 90 mins long so they could finish at 1.30/2.00am. Noel Gallagher from 10 to 11.30? Chic were 12.30 to 1.45, that could suit LCD.

Photo of the lake area that will be open for the festival.

14079806_1257007370989601_1651497770304215170_n.jpg?oh=3ef7fd4fd80c3e344e0698bc8cf12f08&oe=585BA35B&__gda__=1482524797_0b19bd3d45b79c0f35e2fd132faaa51f

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think it'll be earlier, LCDs gear is mostly set up in the morning before the first act on the main stage even start and stored in the wings. It's the same for the Chemical Brothers, it's the only way it can work for bands with as much gear as them. I'd be surprised if the main stage is still going after half 1, that's the way it was last year wasn't it? I'm always on the moon by that hour so I could be wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Photo of the lake area that will be open for the festival.

14079806_1257007370989601_1651497770304215170_n.jpg?oh=3ef7fd4fd80c3e344e0698bc8cf12f08&oe=585BA35B&__gda__=1482524797_0b19bd3d45b79c0f35e2fd132faaa51f

Sounds like a bad idea

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think it'll be earlier, LCDs gear is mostly set up in the morning before the first act on the main stage even start and stored in the wings. It's the same for the Chemical Brothers, it's the only way it can work for bands with as much gear as them. I'd be surprised if the main stage is still going after half 1, that's the way it was last year wasn't it? I'm always on the moon by that hour so I could be wrong.

Have you seen the back of the main stage, there is enough room there for two other stages, normally a groups backdrop is wheeled into the back of that stage after their sound check. You'd be surprised what weight can be carried with some wheels and maybe 40 to 60 technicians, roadies, stagehands running around during the end of each set moving equipment. It extends quite a bit back, so loads of room to store stage backdrops.

aerial2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Hi guys, first time going to EP and am staying in the Pink Moon campsite, I've been told that the closest carpark is Z. Which direction should I come from to get to this car park? I don't want to come from the wrong direction and get ushered into a car park a mile away.
    All info. greatly appreciated.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Buck wrote: »
    Hi guys, first time going to EP and am staying in the Pink Moon campsite, I've been told that the closest carpark is Z. Which direction should I come from to get to this car park? I don't want to come from the wrong direction and get ushered into a car park a mile away.
    All info. greatly appreciated.
    B

You want the Green car park, you'll need to plan your approach route

More here:
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057551316/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Just after driving through Stradbally.

Place is full of trucks queueing to get into back of main stage. Trucks are backed up onto Road.

Carparks are all marked with roads built, it's looking good.

No big tents or stage yet.

The excitement... It's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Anyone driving back to Dublin later on Sunday that would have space for one?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'm surprised Avery's name is so far down on the line-up. You're right, Hopkins' name was much bigger in the line-up. Hopefully Avery is on that bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah at Glastonbury they were soundchecking at 11am before the stage opened, could hear them playing Tribulations and a few others, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same at EP. they've no gigs in the days before it, so will probably be in Ireland the day before and onsite early Saturday, so will be setup and just need to wheel the gear out on risers at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

any carpooling thread anywhere?

Thursday, 25 August, 2016

Forecasts for Ireland

FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Models are showing remnants of Hurricane Gaston approaching Ireland around 3rd or 4th of September, so there could be quite a windy and wet period if this materializes. We are not expecting a severe wind event, gusts to about 80 km/hr are indicated.

:eek:

Those models can **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

LCD
    Chems
    Noel G
    Nas
    The Shins
    Bell X1
    New Order
    Bat for Lashes
    Super Furry Animals
    Years and Years
    Todd Terje
    Glass Animals
    James Bay
    Le Galaxie
    Booka Brass
    Heathers
    Jack garatt
    Walking on Cars
    Editors
    Wild Beasts
    Neon Wolf
    Dead Heavys
    Le Freak
    Mr Scruff

Going to be hard to fit these all in I reckon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

What time did Blur play last year? Would assume LCD will play a similiar slot? I was right there on the moon with you at that stage last year so can't remember for the life of me.

What time did Blur play last year? Would assume LCD will play a similiar slot? I was right there on the moon with you at that stage last year so can't remember for the life of me.

Blur were on from 11.30 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Seems like 100% boardsie attendance at LCD soundsystem
    I'll probably watch them for a while as everyone is caught up in the hype but I'll be looking for alternatives.

I'll probably watch them for a while as everyone is caught up in the hype but I'll be looking for alternatives.

I think LCD are good on record but not outstanding. I'm looking to be blown away by their live performance seeing as everyone seems to be raving about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Does 90's music - the Jenny Green & Orchestra thing remind anyone of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I think LCD are good on record but not outstanding. I'm looking to be blown away by their live performance seeing as everyone seems to be raving about them.

I reckon for every Tribulations there's a Drunk Girls and for every Movement there's a You Wanted a Hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

:eek:

Those models can **** off!

deep breath in and out, met offices around the world usually only give up to a 5 day outlook with decreasing probabilities of accuracy for each day.

anyone claiming to have better methodologies is likely to be a spoofer.

We won't see properly accurate weather predictions until mid next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

for every Movement there's a You Wanted a Hit.

56611417.jpg

deep breath in and out, met offices around the world usually only give up to a 5 day outlook with decreasing probabilities each day of accuracy.

anyone claiming to have better methodologies is likely to be a spoofer

Oh i know it's mostly bull**** yeah, just looking to build up the nervous tension before next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

8 sleeps people, look lively and get yer **** together this weekend.

We don't want no crying and whinging come next friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement