Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

8 sleeps people, look lively and get yer **** together this weekend.

We don't want no crying and whinging come next friday.
    but then I won't be able to post at 11pm next Thursday asking where I can buy willies wellies :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

SuperValu in Stradbally (via LinkedIn)

87c5dabc-7551-448e-aded-e14dbf24afac-original.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Ehhh, apologies to mobile users for the MASSIVE pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

56611417.jpg

The latter isn't a good song, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Ehhh, apologies to mobile users for the MASSIVE pic.
    Ha!
    How many tins for €13 is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

ah lads im sitting in work here and dreaming of next week

let there be sun, warm cans, smiles and fecking good tunes all over the shop.....its my home from home my weekend of therapy :D:D:D:D:D

on a side note does anyone know when the lovely ladies competition is on in the trailer park..eh asking for a friend :):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The latter isn't a good song, in my opinion.
    yeah, your wrong opinion :P

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Lemaitre worth a look too I think

Lemaitre clashed with LCD at Coachella last year. I was surprised Lemaitre were given such a late slot. They might be worth checking out at EP if not clashing with another must see act.

yeah, your wrong opinion :P

It's the only one I have;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

ah lads im sitting in work here and dreaming of next week

let there be sun, warm cans, smiles and fecking good tunes all over the shop.....its my home from home my weekend of therapy :D:D:D:D:D

on a side note does anyone know when the lovely ladies competition is on in the trailer park..eh asking for a friend :):):):):)

I'm dreaming of it too, high contender for best weekend of the year.

I never knew there was a lovely girls competition. How lovely does one have to be in festival attire? :P
    "Two trailer park girls go 'round the outside"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I wonder what slot Wolf Alice will get? A band on the up and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

room_149 wrote: »
    Ha!
    How many tins for €13 is it?

8 id say, same as all supervalues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tis a euro cheaper in Tesco, €12 for 8 or €18 for 12

Some other Tesco Offers from a quick browse (all 500ml Cans):

8x Molson €10
    8x Coors Light €13
    6x Grolsch €11
    8x Fosters €10
    8x Carlsberg €12
    8x Bavaria €9
    8x Carling €9

Grolsch in cans is usually cheaper and nicer too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

deep breath in and out, met offices around the world usually only give up to a 5 day outlook with decreasing probabilities of accuracy for each day.

anyone claiming to have better methodologies is likely to be a spoofer.

We won't see properly accurate weather predictions until mid next week.

In fairness it's not really a spoof - the models are the models, and MT is just stating what they're showing. If you read more about it, they're all quite clear that hurricane models show a massive range of outcomes that narrows as the storm progresses:

kf8uGIn.png?1

Storms are so variable though - something could cause the passage of it to slow down, and we'd not get hit until after the weekend, or it could have a slight change in angle on the other side of the Atlantic that means it completely misses Ireland. It might also not gain enough energy to make it the whole way here.

Worth keeping an eye on though, especially if its predicted to dump a pile of rain on those car parks on Sunday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

MadYaker wrote: »
    Grolsch in cans is usually cheaper and nicer too imo.
    I've found Grolsch decent at room temp too- discovered this when my camper-van fridge went on the blink during EP one year!

8 cans of Bavaria for € 9 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

8 cans of Bavaria for € 9 in Tesco.

Same deal as Dunnes. It's a grand beer to drink at room temp too.

Same deal as Dunnes. It's a grand beer to drink at room temp too.

Dunnes' website really doesn't want you to find anything from their grocery section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

SuperValu in Stradbally (via LinkedIn)

87c5dabc-7551-448e-aded-e14dbf24afac-original.jpeg
    Cnunting Heineken

• Advertisement

Cheers for quoting that massive pic :rolleyes:

I can handle Bav when it's ice cold, nevermind warm. I find the polish lagers easier to drink warm, and they're usually stonger too. Lomza is great stuff if you can get it in cans. Ales are best for drinking warm really but it's hard to get them in cans at decent prices here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

As a casual fan of Animal Collective, quite dejected at the noticeable absence of My Girls from their recent setlists :( Had mega goosepimples listening to it the last few days.

Anybody recommend a few of their best tunes from their back catalogue?

I'm only familiar with Merryweather and their last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I have gotton to the stage where I just have to stop listening to new acts as I literally cannot add anymore to my list or else il have a breakdown going from tent to tent

That has never happened me before in all my picnic going years. This along with all the new stages and goings on around the place, it's the makings for one of the best picnics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I've got 35 bands that I want to see. Most of them I've only picked up in the last couple of days, I couldn't stop myself listening to them. Going to have to make a lot of tough decisions when the schedule's released on Monday.

35 acts, I should say. They're not all bands.

EDIT:
    LCD
    Chemical Brothers
    New Order
    Todd Terje
    Bell X1
    Wolf Alice
    Savages
    Pantha du Prince
    Bat for Lashes
    Mothxr
    RSAG
    Overhead, the Albatross
    The Shins
    Ezra Furman
    Editors
    Oh Wonder
    Altered Hours
    Girls Names
    Broken Social Scene
    DBFC
    Wild Beasts
    This is the Kit
    Mount Kimbie
    Prince Rama
    Ocho
    Whilk & Misky
    John Talabot
    Toby Kaar
    Jack Garrett
    Animal Collective
    Jessy Lanza
    **** Robot
    Whitney
    Brian Deady
    Trinity Orchestra

neilo87 wrote: »
    As a casual fan of Animal Collective, quite dejected at the noticeable absence of My Girls from their recent setlists :( Had mega goosepimples listening to it the last few days.

Anybody recommend a few of their best tunes from their back catalogue?

I'm only familiar with Merryweather and their last one.
    They seem to be playing mainly the new one. I'm only familiar with Merriweather onwards too and a little disappointed with their setlists.

To be expected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Some realistic good news on the weather front for EP is that the forecast for the coming few days has little to no rain in it - so even if we do get a bit of rain during EP, the ground will be able to handle it and won't already be saturated. That said, I remember one previous year when it was raining every day, and the EP site seemed to hold up really well through it (car parks aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Rfrip wrote: »
    I have gotton to the stage where I just have to stop listening to new acts as I literally cannot add anymore to my list or else il have a breakdown going from tent to tent

That has never happened me before in all my picnic going years. This along with all the new stages and goings on around the place, it's the makings for one of the best picnics

I'm the opposite. I already know what i'd like to see, but am still checking out the acts lower down the bill.
    Pablos app was class last year, in that you could tag any number of bands you fancy, and get an alert 15mins before they're on. I make my decision at that point, based on my humour.
    I'm not really missing out if you know what i mean, as i'll have all the info, and choose to go one way or the other.
    If it's a tight call, i'll just catch a half set from both.

I'm the opposite. I already know what i'd like to see, but am still checking out the acts lower down the bill.
    Pablos app was class last year, in that you could tag any number of bands you fancy, and get an alert 15mins before they're on. I make my decision at that point, based on my humour.
    I'm not really missing out if you know what i mean, as i'll have all the info, and choose to go one way or the other.

I've checked pretty much every act and am now grading it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Rfrip wrote: »

The new EP app gives you notifications aswell if you "star" the act. I've had a hard time staring though, as its right beside the scroll, and you think your staring, but you end up at the bottom of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CfBeardy

MUST SEE:

LCD
    New order
    Daniel avery
    John talabot

WILL MAKE A DECENT EFFORT FOR:
    Rusangano family
    Mura masa
    Animal collective
    The shins
    Nas
    Joey bada$$
    Todd terje
    Chems
    Ninos du brasil
    DBFC
    New Jackson

PLEASE GOD MAKE THEM STOP:
    The 1975
    James bay
    Y & Y
    Gavin James

But to each their own I suppose.

Thanks to all in this thread for some quality suggestions over the past week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement