Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Anyone here got any Spotifiy/ Deezer playlists links for this years Picnic?
    There are a couple available on both streaming formats but they lean heavily towards the headline acts and include almost all the artists catalogue as opposed to highlights/ deeper cuts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Accueweather now says sunny and 20deg on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

rocks1981 wrote: »

Wait 10 minutes

Lzmunky wrote: »

Wait 10 minutes
    Nah they wont update it to thunderstorms for a few hours at least :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

room_149 wrote: »
    Anyone here got any Spotifiy/ Deezer playlists links for this years Picnic?
    There are a couple available on both streaming formats but they lean heavily towards the headline acts and include almost all the artists catalogue as opposed to highlights/ deeper cuts etc

Im pretty sure there's a seperate body and soul playlist on spotify?

There's tickets galore for sale on adverts now for €250, you're better off with toutless though. My friend picked one up for cost price this morning.

• Advertisement

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/bottle-recycle-point-thanks-coca-cola

Electric Picnic and Coca-Cola are offering a reward for Picnickers who are willing to recycle their plastic bottles. For every bottle you bring to the Bottle Recycle Point located in the Main Arena, the Festival and Coca-Cola will gift you 10 cent. A full recycle bag will earn you 5! Ten full recycling bags will earn you 50!! At Electric Picnic, it pays to be green!
    The Bottle Recycle Point will be open from 1pm until 9pm daily. A minimum of 10 items can be returned at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/bottle-recycle-point-thanks-coca-cola

Electric Picnic and Coca-Cola are offering a reward for Picnickers who are willing to recycle their plastic bottles. For every bottle you bring to the Bottle Recycle Point located in the Main Arena, the Festival and Coca-Cola will gift you 10 cent. A full recycle bag will earn you 5! Ten full recycling bags will earn you 50!! At Electric Picnic, it pays to be green!
    The Bottle Recycle Point will be open from 1pm until 9pm daily. A minimum of 10 items can be returned at any one time.

That's a good way of getting drink into the main arena. Hide a full bottle in a bag of empties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I suspect it's going to be more for bottles in the arena, you can imagine how security will react to people turning up with bags of "empty" bottles at the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

They seem to be playing mainly the new one. I'm only familiar with Merriweather onwards too and a little disappointed with their setlists.

To be expected though.

Daily Routine is all I'd expect from Merriweather. Lots of the new album (which I quite like even if if it's no Merriweather)

setlist.com is your friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

They seem to be playing mainly the new one. I'm only familiar with Merriweather onwards too and a little disappointed with their setlists.

To be expected though.

I liked the entire Feels album - probably my favourite that year and it was up against some stiff competition - but the LPs before and after only yielded the odd 2 or 3 good tracks from each (IMHO), and I've not liked the last two at all really. I may go along though because at the very least it'll be 'interesting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Hopkins closed the tent, on from 11 to 12. I reckon you're right regarding Avery having an earlier slot. And if not I think we're relatively safe as I can't see LCD starting before 12, possibly 12.30 as they'll take a fair while to set up after Gallagher. LCD's set is only about 90 mins long so they could finish at 1.30/2.00am. Noel Gallagher from 10 to 11.30? Chic were 12.30 to 1.45, that could suit LCD.

Wasn't Paul Kakbrenner on after Jon Hopkins last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BananaR wrote: »
    Wasn't Paul Kakbrenner on after Jon Hopkins last year?
    Hopkins was last on Saturday.
    Kalkbrenner was on Sunday, before Le Galaxie.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Very bad year line-up wise for me - in fact, it's the worst in memory. I will be reconsidering next year. Def. Shift in direction away from my tastes in music.

Definitely see:
    LCD, New Order, Chemical bros, John Talabot, Sh**T robot (very poor return for ticket price!)

Probably see:
    ABC
    Toots
    Broken social scene
    SfA

Might also see:
    New Jackson
    Daniel Avery
    Lemaitre
    Pantha du Prince
    Ezra Format

That's about it. Throw in a few clashes and didn't manage and that becomes an even shorter list.

Hope I'm surprised but expectation set low. Went through the nialler9 playlist last night and it was grim.

Anyway, fun will be had! But musically me and Ep look to be heading towards the big D-I-V-O-R-C-E

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

I'm dreaming of it too, high contender for best weekend of the year.

I never knew there was a lovely girls competition. How lovely does one have to be in festival attire? :P
    "Two trailer park girls go 'round the outside"

i read somewhere there is to be lovely girls comp in the trailer park i shall endeavor to find out and let everyone know....

its no Slane girl or longtitue girl...tis a lovely girl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Nifty link here for those of you interested in playlists;

https://playlister.expedia.co.uk/

My latest list - I may have too much to see. The schedule distance between stages / my drunkenness, / ability to stay awake / hunger / getting lost will determine how many i see.

MUST SEES:
    Noel Gallaghers high flying birds
    Catfish and the bottlemen
    Oh Wonder
    Editors
    Bell X1
    The chemical Brothers
    rocstrong
    Relish

WILL MAKE A GOOD EFFORT TO SEE /WOULD LIKE TO SEE BUT SURE YE KNOW YOURSELF:
    Super furry animal
    Sample Answer
    James Bay
    wolf alice
    The avett brothers.
    local natives
    Glass Animals
    Gavin James.
    The Strypes
    Otherkin -
    Nathaiel radcliffe
    the 1975.
    Walking On Cars
    Blaenavon
    King Kong Company.
    Overhead, The Albatross
    Whilk and Misky
    Altered+Hours
    Joey bada$$ (rap)
    Dublin Gospel Choir.
    trinity orchestra play Dave Bowie
    jenny grene and rte orchestra
    Le Galaxie
    New order
    The Vincent

WHILE IM WAITING TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE OR AVOIDING GOING BACK TO TENT THESE COULD BE GOOD:
    Lana delray
    Little Simz
    nas
    Elephant -
    Ryan sheridan
    The blizzards
    The Dead Heavys
    MOTHXR
    LCD soundsystem
    Lindsey Stirling
    RSAG.
    kevin-morby
    Savages
    This is the kit
    The High Hopes Choir
    Lynched
    Daniel Avery
    DBFC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

OhHiMark wrote: »
    That's a good way of getting drink into the main arena. Hide a full bottle in a bag of empties.

Thanks, I think I'd rather buy booze than have to carry around a bag of empties as a cover to sneak booze in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Nifty link here for those of you interested in playlists;

https://playlister.expedia.co.uk/

Also handy if you're looking to create a spotify playlist off an artists setlist:

https://setify.co/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Effects wrote: »
    Thanks, I think I'd rather buy booze than have to carry around a bag of empties as a cover to sneak booze in.

Ok, your majesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That Daithi song is dreadful. Heard him perform it TodayFM or something with the vocalist, its just brutal.

I just got my hands on a ticket today off a friend who had to cancel their EP plans.
    Is it ok that her name is on the ticket,and it also does not state which campsite i am in.just says 'WEEKEND' on the ticket with 'camping included'.Does this mean I can camp anywhere in jimi hendrix/andy warhol campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

In previous years you could bring in a 500ml bottle of water or a soft drink (with an unbroken seal) into main arena.
    Not seeing anything about it this year :(
    Saying only after 1 am

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

any change in rules over gazebos, still allowed ? heard a few people saying that they're not allowing them but ive seen nothing online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

_ratm wrote: »
    I just got my hands on a ticket today off a friend who had to cancel their EP plans.
    Is it ok that her name is on the ticket,and it also does not state which campsite i am in.just says 'WEEKEND' on the ticket with 'camping included'.Does this mean I can camp anywhere in jimi hendrix/andy warhol campsite.

You're fine, the only campsites that aren't open to everyone are Pink Moon, Eco, Family. Everything else is first-come, first-pitch. Names don't matter on the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

In previous years you could bring in a 500ml bottle of water or a soft drink (with an unbroken seal) into main arena.
    Not seeing anything about it this year :(
    Saying only after 1 am
    crusha101 wrote: »
    any change in rules over gazebos, still allowed ? heard a few people saying that they're not allowing them but ive seen nothing online about it.

Both of your questions are answered in the Can/Can't Bring List:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/essentials#info-section-37172

Gazebos YES (Campsite)

Sealed Plastic Water/Soft Drink Bottles Under 500ml YES (Campsite and Arena)

MJohnston wrote: »
    _ratm wrote: »

You're fine, the only campsites that aren't open to everyone are Pink Moon, Eco, Family. Everything else is first-come, first-pitch. Names don't matter on the tickets.
    And Boutique

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Both of your questions are answered in the Can/Can't Bring List:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/essentials#info-section-37172

Gazebos YES (Campsite)

Sealed Plastic Water/Soft Drink Bottles Under 500ml YES (Campsite and Arena)

Jack and coke!? :confused:

• Advertisement

Thankyou !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement