Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

everlast75 wrote: »
    Jack and coke!? :confused:

The keywords there are "Sealed" and "Soft Drink"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

RustyP wrote: »
    might try time a food break with whenever Al Doyle is DJing there.

no care for the rest, the usual lazy house/disco DJ bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gj090

I have luckily gotten my hands on a performers pass, do I need just go in the main entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Last time I ask this question I promise. Best way to access Green Carpark is to get on to the N80, so either junction 16 or coming in from the west through Portlaois, but the N80 approach to Stradbally guarantees green car park, because looking at the electric picnic parking plan they seem to be trying to herd all traffic from north west and southwest into the red zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

gj090 wrote: »
    I have luckily gotten my hands on a performers pass, do I need just go in the main entrance?

No, you now go in the tradesmen entrance.

• Advertisement

Last time I ask this question I promise. Best way to access Green Carpark is to get on to the N80, so either junction 16 or coming in from the west through Portlaois, but the N80 approach to Stradbally guarantees green car park, because looking at the electric picnic parking plan they seem to be trying to herd all traffic from north west and southwest into the red zones.

Is this years traffic management plan available yet? Curious about the best direction to approach from for the campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, you now go in the tradesmen entrance.

kenneth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

what's the question?

the best way to get to it in my experience is to come from the east/southeast into Stradbally village, and then up the main street, then it's a left into the field.
    the N80 from Portaloise direction still tries to direct you off to the red carparks with the "Festival Traffic" AA signs. if you ignore them and head straight to Stradbally you should be alright, unless a Garda forces you to turn off.

don't know where you're coming from, but if it's from the east or southeast, go onto the M9 and then take the exit to Athy and follow the signs for Stradbally.

here's the route from Dublin city centre. the last point (N80) is roughly where the turn into the green carpark Z is:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/O'Connell+Bridge,+Dublin/Athy,+Kildare/Stradbally,+Co.+Laois/53.0199758,-7.1599859/@53.0183495,-7.176637,14z/data=!4m21!4m20!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670e84e5c32bd3:0x710bebed7bc1eeed!2m2!1d-6.2592059!2d53.3472403!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d6f8da2028ec3:0xa00c7a997318da0!2m2!1d-6.985728!2d52.9918336!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d72881b2435cd:0xa00c7a99731d0a0!2m2!1d-7.1494717!2d53.0157983!1m0!3e0

e: actually just thinking about it, staying on the M7 and getting off at J15, then going to Vicarstown and into Stradbally would probably be just as easy:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/O'Connell+Bridge,+Dublin/Stradbally,+Co.+Laois/53.0199758,-7.1599859/@53.0615462,-7.0530266,12z/data=!4m20!4m19!1m10!1m1!1s0x48670e84e5c32bd3:0x710bebed7bc1eeed!2m2!1d-6.2592059!2d53.3472403!3m4!1m2!1d-7.088685!2d53.0510015!3s0x485d717927850a01:0x1feff33ca4f5113c!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d72881b2435cd:0xa00c7a99731d0a0!2m2!1d-7.1494717!2d53.0157983!1m0!3e0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Ok, your majesty.

I'm not royalty, but I'm certainly not a peasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MJohnston wrote: »
    The keywords there are "Sealed" and "Soft Drink"

I was thinking of a painstaking process of removing coke via syringe through the cap and injecting Jack Daniels in its place, but you go ahead and pay for drinks like a schmuck :D

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

what's the question?

the best way to get to it in my experience is to come from the east/southeast into Stradbally village, and then up the main street, then it's a left into the field.
    the N80 from Portaloise direction still tries to direct you off to the red carparks with the "Festival Traffic" AA signs. if you ignore them and head straight to Stradbally you should be alright, unless a Garda forces you to turn off.

don't know where you're coming from, but if it's from the east or southeast, go onto the M9 and then take the exit to Athy and follow the signs for Stradbally.

shorter version of that linky

https://goo.gl/maps/XTRG2rM7pbH2

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

what's the question?

here's the route from Dublin city centre. the last point (N80) is roughly where the turn into the green carpark Z is:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/O'Connell+Bridge,+Dublin/Athy,+Kildare/Stradbally,+Co.+Laois/53.0199758,-7.1599859/@53.0183495,-7.176637,14z/data=!4m21!4m20!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670e84e5c32bd3:0x710bebed7bc1eeed!2m2!1d-6.2592059!2d53.3472403!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d6f8da2028ec3:0xa00c7a997318da0!2m2!1d-6.985728!2d52.9918336!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d72881b2435cd:0xa00c7a99731d0a0!2m2!1d-7.1494717!2d53.0157983!1m0!3e0

e: actually just thinking about it, staying on the M7 and getting off at J15, then going to Vicarstown and into Stradbally would probably be just as easy:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/O'Connell+Bridge,+Dublin/Stradbally,+Co.+Laois/53.0199758,-7.1599859/@53.0615462,-7.0530266,12z/data=!4m20!4m19!1m10!1m1!1s0x48670e84e5c32bd3:0x710bebed7bc1eeed!2m2!1d-6.2592059!2d53.3472403!3m4!1m2!1d-7.088685!2d53.0510015!3s0x485d717927850a01:0x1feff33ca4f5113c!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d72881b2435cd:0xa00c7a99731d0a0!2m2!1d-7.1494717!2d53.0157983!1m0!3e0

I'm coming from Southwest, Limerick direction so i'll be coming off the motorway at either junction 17 or 16 which is why I am aiming for the N80 and driving straight into Stradbally. Edit. Cheers for the maps by the way. Food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

looking forward to seeing this guy play body and soul. cool video too. lyrics are class in this. Will probably resonate a bit more with fellow nordies. Anyway this time next week will be on route, cant fecking wait now. Much craic about on the Thursday night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWpeT4LyA8

Actually that was a question I had too - I know there's no music, no entry to most of the main areas, but is there any food stalls open on the Thursday evening for early campervan arrivals?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Just started the final run through/checking the stuff I have/picking up the last few bits. The longest 4 day week of the year is nearly here!

Spotify play list blaring all week.... I'm not too worried about finalising my own itinerary until the times are released. Make my decisions when I have to kinda thing...

what I do know though is I'm leaving home around 6/6.30, aiming to be one of the first few through security Friday morning and set up in my usual spot. Tents up, cans open, chairs out and sunnies on for 10.30/11 and I shall see reality again Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's easy enough to get the seal off a water bottle without breaking it. Water bottles of vodka and bottles of coke plus the odd pint will be my drinks of choice this year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Cheers for that map ghostdancer. Have only parked in the red car parks before but in the pink moon this year so didn't fancy that walk from the red car park. I've a few questions regarding pink moon if anyone could be kind enough to answer.

1. Is it possible to bring your drink from the pink moon into the other campsites? I presume so but on last years map it looks like the pink moon is accessible by the arena so hoping this isn't a problem as a lot of my friends will be in the Oscar Wilde..
    2. What are the queues/security like going into the main arena? Will it be any easier sneaking drink in or will the usual techniques need to be applied?
    3. What is the general craic like in the pink moon? I'm presuming it's a lot quieter than the other campsites (which is the appeal of it really!) but is there much mingling between everyone or is it more of a place people just go to sleep at the end of the night?
    4. Any information regarding food/bars in the campsite?

Excitement has really hit me today, don't know how I am going to get through work next week! Listening a bit to Glass Animals today they could be worth checking out next weekend. Really need to see the timetable though, have a horrible feeling that most acts I am picking out will be playing at night time and end up being clashcity.

Snarky Snark Snark

1. Is it possible to bring your drink from the pink moon into the other campsites? I presume so but on last years map it looks like the pink moon is accessible by the arena so hoping this isn't a problem as a lot of my friends will be in the Oscar Wilde..

Yep, it's not a problem at all, just have to go out the main Pink Moon entrance
    2. What are the queues/security like going into the main arena? Will it be any easier sneaking drink in or will the usual techniques need to be applied?

Usual techniques apply, security checks as per normal but given you're straight out by EA it's really bloody handy (and less queues at night)
    3. What is the general craic like in the pink moon? I'm presuming it's a lot quieter than the other campsites (which is the appeal of it really!) but is there much mingling between everyone or is it more of a place people just go to sleep at the end of the night?

It's quieter but there's still people clustered around tents with chairs and the usual, there's also the bar/food area which gets a lot of people late at night as there's light and shelter and bean bags / tables, pretty cool actually

There was a bar/restaurant thingy last year that did hot food in morning and lunches, nothing spectacular but no more expensive than standard festival foods. Handy in the morning for hot breakfast/coffee etc...

As long as you mean the regular campsites, in which case yes, because you can enter Pink Moon from close to the Salty Dog as well, which is outside the arena.

From Pink Moon, there are barely any queues into the main arena, although the Direct-to-Main Arena route isn't open 24/7. Much harder to sneak drink in as the lower volume to be checked means security are much more thorough.

Much quieter, much more ordered and structured. I said hello to neighbours last year and they offered some cans to me etc, so the festival friendliness is still in effect, but it's much less hedonistic than some of the regular campsites. Pretty sure they put signs up asking people to keep the noise down after a certain time too.

There was just the one combo bar and restaurant last year, looked alright but I wasn't interested because it was felt like you were missing out on some real fun in the rest of the festival. It's handy for grabbing breakfast though, and they do have bands/artists playing there too.

Snarky Snark Snark

i-win-women-s-heavy-tee_design.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Cheers for that map ghostdancer. Have only parked in the red car parks before but in the pink moon this year so didn't fancy that walk from the red car park. I've a few questions regarding pink moon if anyone could be kind enough to answer.

Pink Moon has two entrances, one that links to the camp sites and one that links to the arena so you're grand! The second one was just added from constant feedback from campers the past few years that you had to walk miles to get to the arena from PM.
    It's honestly luck of the draw, I got cans in on the Saturday as I was just waved through by a security guy and then another time I was patted down like I was going into a prison. I find that hiding them in plain sight works best or down your jocks.
    There is a noise curfew at like 1am I believe? However this just stamps out guitar playing and shouting, and it's absolutely enforced by the security which is great. But quiet conversation among your neighbors is never an issue. Plenty of sound people around and if you're looking for some craic definitely head up to the PM campsite bar which is great. We personally made friends with the tent across from us and we stuck together for the whole weekend last year.
    I presume the campsite bar and grill will be back again, which is especially great if you're looking for a decent breakfast. Never ate it in apart from that but the food seemed good. The arena entrance is also pretty handy for accessing the food stalls inside the arena.

Excitement has really hit me today, don't know how I am going to get through work next week! Listening a bit to Glass Animals today they could be worth checking out next weekend. Really need to see the timetable though, have a horrible feeling that most acts I am picking out will be playing at night time and end up being clashcity.

Hope that helps! Did PM for the first time last year after my friends had been raving about it and honestly wont go back to normal camping after it.

Edit:
    "Pink Moon Camping and Podpads will be in the same field this year with a central bar and café area for all to use" so the bar/cafe thing is back this year.

Lovely stuff! Thanks for the replies lads. Didn't know there was an entrance near the Salty Dog, that will be very handy as most of my group will prob be camping in the Oscar Wilde. Might bump into some of you over the weekend!

Snarky Snark Snark

Lovely stuff! Thanks for the replies lads. Didn't know there was an entrance near the Salty Dog, that will be very handy as most of my group will prob be camping in the Oscar Wilde. Might bump into some of you over the weekend!

That's the main entrance where you will be going in through initially in order to get your super cool (not) wristband for the weekend.

yes yes yes! you will have two two two wristbands on this year!!!

Your friends gussets will moisten with frothy jealousy at seeing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

MJohnston wrote: »
    Actually that was a question I had too - I know there's no music, no entry to most of the main areas, but is there any food stalls open on the Thursday evening for early campervan arrivals?

Nope, there's nothing open. Cook in your van / caravan or grab something in Stradbally before coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

To the people that had caravan tickets instead of campervan tickets, did the EP Facebook page get back to you? I've heard nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

LG1234 wrote: »
    To the people that had caravan tickets instead of campervan tickets, did the EP Facebook page get back to you? I've heard nothing...

Email enquiries@festivalrepublic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

what's the question?

The app seems to now suggest that anyone coming from carlow side has to turn left into a different carpark. (Not red or green) maybe it's different with the new numbers.
    "Event traffic should turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park."

Is that a new carpark?

It says on the website that there is a yellow car park this year from the Timahoe Road, not sure where that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

This https://open.spotify.com/track/5cbh6bbaYh7lPbIKQs57zI
    + outdoors, early on Sunday in sunshine would be bliss!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I assume they have ATMs in there do they? I don't want to reply on them but just in case of emergency.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement