Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I assume they have ATMs in there do they? I don't want to reply on them but just in case of emergency.

Yes. But the queue for them are beyond insane! Bring enough and mind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Seems like a no brainer. What's the catch? Why do people try to sneak in spirits in their jocks or bras when that seems like a much simpler solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I assume they have ATMs in there do they? I don't want to reply on them but just in case of emergency.

Don't depend on them, queues are huge >1hours at times + they can run out of cash or stop working at any moment really!

There's a cash machine in Stradbally village, I suppose with such high demand it can be just as vulnerable!
    Which leads on to the next thing, is it wise to take your weekends cash with you? Probably not, I wouldn't carry all my cash at once and definitely wouldn't leave in the tent, if you're taking a car it might be the safest option to hide it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seems like a no brainer. What's the catch? Why do people try to sneak in spirits in their jocks or bras when that seems like a much simpler solution.

As in taking bottles of water into the arena? I've never been able to take a genuine sealed bottle of water into the arena despite what it says in EP's terms and conditions!
    Quite frustrating as in recent years I've been staying off the booze early on, getting fully hydrated before hand. It means buying an overpriced 500ml bottle of water even though i've plenty of water back at the tent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fatfrog wrote: »
    As in taking bottles of water into the arena? I've never been able to take a genuine sealed bottle of water into the arena despite what it says in EP's terms and conditions!
    Quite frustrating as in recent years I've been staying off the booze early on, getting fully hydrated before hand. It means buying an overpriced 500ml bottle of water even though i've plenty of water back at the tent!!

do they open them before you go in for sure? I've been amazed at some of the YouTube videos re bottles ingenuous stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pabloandroy are you on whatsapp, I'm onsite on Sunday 28th so can take snaps and send direct if I can pick up internet there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Pabloandroy are you on whatsapp, I'm onsite on Sunday 28th so can take snaps and send direct if I can pick up internet there.

Any chance you can bury a few bottles of Vodka in the main Arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If I give you a sealed box could you bury in the woods for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Instead of mixing your booze before you go in and have to deal with seals, just bring your spirit of choice into the arena in hip flasks and get a soft drink for €2 inside.

I usually bring in hip flasks via my pantaloons or hat and job done. It's good since it's easier to sneak in and you don't have to pee as much watching the acts at he peak times. Sure after 1am you can get the beers in but the spirits are good for the pre 1am boozin in the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'll have the perfect method for smuggling in booze this year - carrying my baby and his changing bag. I'll let them search through some nappies to put them off the scent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'll have the perfect method for smuggling in booze this year - carrying my baby and his changing bag. I'll let them search through some nappies to put them off the scent.

The surest way is to go a little bit before some big band. The crowds start going in, The queues start backing up cos they are searching..... and for safety they then let a load through together without checks. Just hang back a little until then and fly in.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

A great tactic I've employed that has actually worked is by walking up hands already outstretched so that you are ready to be searched - they'll pat you down and all without ever noticing the can in your hand :)

-=al=- wrote: »
    Instead of mixing your booze before you go in and have to deal with seals, just bring your spirit of choice into the arena in hip flasks and get a soft drink for €2 inside.

I usually bring in hip flasks via my pantaloons or hat and job done. It's good since it's easier to sneak in and you don't have to pee as much watching the acts at he peak times. Sure after 1am you can get the beers in but the spirits are good for the pre 1am boozin in the arena

And we're into the drink smuggling ha ha always comes up about a fortnight - week and a half before the festival, Capri Sun bottles will get mentioned next, possibly rehydration packs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

I just got a draft copy of the site map from official sources and it's same layout as last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So, for legal reasons, it looks likely that I will not be in a position to publish apps for this festival this year. Or at least, if I do publish apps, that some legal problems may arise.

The official app does look a fair bit better this year, so hopefully it will do the job.

So, for legal reasons, it looks likely that I will not be in a position to publish apps for this festival this year. Or at least, if I do publish apps, that some legal problems may arise.

The official app does look a fair bit better this year, so hopefully it will do the job.

They should be employing you to do the official one.

Sorry to hear that! Yours was always a lifesaver!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Reded wrote: »
    I just got a draft copy of the site map from official sources and it's same layout as last year!

Is the beer frontier on that?
    What about E lites and Cocktail Cocktail?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Stillill42

And so the evil minions of the corporate world take away one more thing we love. Shame, buddy. You've done a fantastic job the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Stillill42 wrote: »
    And so the evil minions of the corporate world take away one more thing we love. Shame, buddy. You've done a fantastic job the last few years.

Yeah it's been phenomenal - cheers PabloandRoy

• Advertisement

Yeah it's been phenomenal - cheers PabloandRoy

Thanks all ... I am disappointed myself. It has been a major buzz knowing that I have helped upwards of 7,000 people.

I might still do an android one, but it wont be on the Play Store, but on GetJar or somewhere like that. There is no way I can do the iPhone one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

A great tactic I've employed that has actually worked is by walking up hands already outstretched so that you are ready to be searched - they'll pat you down and all without ever noticing the can in your hand :)

The old Jedi beer trick..

These are not the cans you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Thanks all ... I am disappointed myself. It has been a major buzz knowing that I have helped upwards of 7,000 people.

I might still do an android one, but it wont be on the Play Store, but on GetJar or somewhere like that. There is no way I can do the iPhone one.

Let us know if you do get one up, but you should be proud anyway, I used it last year and it was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

New feature for you:
    You should hack the Pokemon go app so when you hold up the phone, you see the boards avatar superimposed over the person you're looking at - it'll make the never-happens meet up run a lot smoother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That's a damn shame, would I be right in thinking it's copyright infringement blocking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Aww, thanks anyway Pablo it was awesome last year.

That's a damn shame, would I be right in thinking it's copyright infringement blocking it?

... and trademark infringement.

Poorside wrote: »
    Is the beer frontier on that?
    What about E lites and Cocktail Cocktail?

They've just sent a copy of last years as our layout for this yr. have e mailed for clarification!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

... and trademark infringement.

Booooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Fatfrog wrote: »

Just get the screw top capri sun's. Life saver

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement