Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

declanleo wrote: »
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    As in taking bottles of water into the arena? I've never been able to take a genuine sealed bottle of water into the arena despite what it says in EP's terms and conditions!
    Quite frustrating as in recent years I've been staying off the booze early on, getting fully hydrated before hand. It means buying an overpriced 500ml bottle of water even though i've plenty of water back at the tent!!

Just get the screw top capri sun's. Life saver

Yea but I'm not going to all the trouble for regular still water

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Irish times have the map for download pretty much the same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2768474.1472142618!/menu/standard/file/Electric%20Picnic%202016%20map.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Tried to book a weekend return bus ticket from Dublin on the Bus Eireann website just now and it is saying that the ticket would be sent by post and to allow 6 working days for it to arrive.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Anyone know if I will be ok to just show up on Friday morning at Busarus and buy a ticket then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Looking at the map I'm thinking of staying in Joplin. Good place to stay? It looks to be close to the red car park but far away from the main stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

I see the Inflatable Church is back.
    Red Bull Tropical garden where Despacio was last year.
    Route to swimming in the lake is shown.
    Cocktail bar unfortunately is shown, but E-lites isn't?

I see where the Yellow car park is. Might be handy for getting to Warhol where I usually camp. I normally park in the green car park coming from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Kepler21 wrote: »
    I see where the Yellow car park is. Might be handy for getting to Warhol where I usually camp. I normally park in the green car park coming from Dublin.

Is the yellow car park open to all? Might try that as I'm in the boutique campsite this year.

Is the yellow car park open to all? Might try that as I'm in the boutique campsite this year.
    Im in boutique too, probably depends where the entrance is. The directions from Carlow suggest that you go to that carpark. I would imagine poeple coming from the other side will be forced into red / green

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

From the Info page:
    Parking is free at the festival. Parking for weekend ticket holders is located in Red Car Parks A, B and C on the Abbeyleix Road, the Green Car Parks V, W, X, Y and Z which are off the N80 and in the Yellow Car Park on Timahoe Road.

N80 – Carlow & South East
    Traffic should travel along the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills, and then should proceed via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Event traffic should turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Excitement level gone to new stage now seeing the map. There is a lot going on!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Looking at the map I'm thinking of staying in Joplin. Good place to stay? It looks to be close to the red car park but far away from the main stage?

Joplin is fine when you arrive, but it's a trek to get to the arena and even the food stalls and showers in Hendrix.. I always find Hendrix is the happy medium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Sorry to hear that Pablo. Ridiculous to shut down such a creative process.

Could you not make a Schmelectric Schmicnic App?

Glass Animals new albums out. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

sadie06 wrote: »

That's how I pronounce it most of the time when I'm there anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

everlast75 wrote: »
    That's how I pronounce it most of the time when I'm there anyway....

I find the pronunciation changes once you clear security. Along with the fact that nobody called Alan or Steve can find their friends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Thanks all ... I am disappointed myself. It has been a major buzz knowing that I have helped upwards of 7,000 people.

I might still do an android one, but it wont be on the Play Store, but on GetJar or somewhere like that. There is no way I can do the iPhone one.

If you're arsed/have the time, definitely do the Android one. I get apps from the 'official' app store like BBC Iplayer that won't work in Ireland from Aptoide - could be a way around it.

If not, thanks for the effort - was ideal festival app and fair play for taking the time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Is Hazel Wood in an area not previously used for something official?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is Hazel Wood in an area not previously used for something official?
    the paintball used to be in there I think.

Cocktail bar unfortunately is shown, but E-lites isn't?
    is it definitely? last year's map has 2 cocktail bars in that area, one outside B&S (Cocktail Cocktail?), and the other inside.
    this year's map only has the one inside B&S I think?

last year's map:
    https://thelastmixedtapedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/11958191_10153589719289168_8608224901847864096_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laoischat

I have a family camping ticket. I live locally in Stradbally, and was not planning on bringing my daughter until Saturday. Will i still be allowed in without my child on Friday??

• Advertisement

laoischat wrote: »
    I have a family camping ticket. I live locally in Stradbally, and was not planning on bringing my daughter until Saturday. Will i still be allowed in without my child on Friday??

t says no in the rules. No kids no entry. You might get away with it if you explain your local etc....maybe email for confirmation to have something to show to security.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

They've moved the disabled camping to closer the entrance which is great, it was the only issue we had last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

Will they be charging us an awkward 6.20 a pint this year so that kids can go around picking up our cups to recycle and make a mint?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Looking at the new directions people have highlighted, maybe this is the only way to guarantee entry to the green car park near the paintball entrance now?
    Looks like people travelling in from Athy might have no choice but to go left and into the new yellow car park.
    That would be a massive ballache if staying in Pink Moon... it's a helluva walk

Schedule release.
    The Irish times page with the maps says they will release to the following schedule. I assume the app will be the same. Though the done have the map in the app yet.

Monday: Main Stage, Rankin s Woods, Body&Soul and Other Voices stages.
    Tuesday: Electric Arena, Cosby, Little Big Tent, Theatre of Food and Mindfield schedule
    Wednesday: Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow, Comedy Tent, Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Global Green, Trenchtown and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well, that map at least confirms one thing.

That goddamn ****ing funfair is back

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Hey folks, which entrance should one use for the glamping? Is it all located in same area as pink moon.. We're staying in a yurt with cloudhouse. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

is it definitely? last year's map has 2 cocktail bars in that area, one outside B&S (Cocktail Cocktail?), and the other inside.
    this year's map only has the one inside B&S I think?

last year's map:
    https://thelastmixedtapedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/11958191_10153589719289168_8608224901847864096_o.jpg

Fair play to them, in comparison to last year, it looks like they've actually cut down on the amount of corporate sponsored things in the arena - eLites gone, 'Sure Refresh Zone' gone, interestingly the Three viewing area for the main arena seems to be gone too. Presuming of course that the map is accurate and that they didn't just leave that stuff off the map. Also looks like Cocktail Cocktail has fecked off, and they've brought the Inflatable Church back (how many years has that been gone?).

By the by, I think that the Hazelwood area *was* used last year, because I had to pass it all the time to get back to Pink Moon - I can't remember what it was called, but it was a wee white box type space that various DJs were banging it out at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

sadie06 wrote: »

12 Volt Powered Alfresco Dining Festival 2016 (Unofficial)

should be ok ;)

• Advertisement

Looking at the new directions people have highlighted, maybe this is the only way to guarantee entry to the green car park near the paintball entrance now?
    Looks like people travelling in from Athy might have no choice but to go left and into the new yellow car park.
    That would be a massive ballache if staying in Pink Moon... it's a helluva walk
    the Yellow carpark was there in previous years too, maybe not called Yellow but I parked there in 2010ish on a general ticket. you have to drive down a little road basically through the woods. not sure if it has been opened for general parking for the last few years though?

E: actually, just looking at it, the Yelow carpark is outside the Stradbally Estate walls it seems, across the road in an external field, so completely different to the one that was through the trees before.

there's probably no reason to go through Athy at all really, J15 on the M7 is the quickest/most likely way to the Green carparks if coming from the east.

although you do miss out on the lovely sights and scenery of Athy on the way :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement