Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The played Kilmainham last year not Marlay

Nope.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

????

Kodaline
    Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin,
    Fri 26 Jun 2015, 18:30

Kings of Leon/Kodaline
    Marlay Park, Dublin,
    Fri 4 Jul 2014, 17:00

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Supporting Kings of Leon isn't exactly playing Marlay Park though is it?

Headlining their own show there, would that be their biggest gig?

maximoose wrote: »
    Supporting Kings of Leon isn't exactly playing Marlay Park though is it?

Headlining their own show there, would that be their biggest gig?

I was only answering this.......
    The played Kilmainham last year not Marlay

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    ????

Kodaline
    Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin,
    Fri 26 Jun 2015, 18:30

Kings of Leon/Kodaline
    Marlay Park, Dublin,
    Fri 4 Jul 2014, 17:00

Ah sorry i keep getting mixed up . For some reason when you said last year i kept thinking the summer gone not last year

Ah sorry i keep getting mixed up . For some reason when you said last year i kept thinking the summer gone not last year

:) No worries. I thought I was going crazy.

Strong rumours saying Foals/Disclosure are co headlining Reading and Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Strong rumours saying Foals/Disclosure are co headlining Reading and Leeds

Foals are playing here in February which I'm going to. Doesn't mean they're not coming back though in the summer. Decent enough new album which grows on you the more you listen to it. Wouldn't mind seeing either/both of them headlining. Really have my heart set on Faithless though since someone mentioned it in the thread earlier haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭LowOdour

folks, anyone ever do EP alone for the weekend? How did you find it?
    Also, anyone ever share a tent in the boutique/pink camping area with someone they didnt know (say if you bought/sold the camping ticket from/to a stranger). How ws that for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

LowOdour wrote: »
    Also, anyone ever share a tent in the boutique/pink camping area with someone they didnt know (say if you bought/sold the camping ticket from/to a stranger). How ws that for you?

Can't comment on going to EP alone but you'd be absolutely mad to share a tent with a stranger. Why would you entrust your personal belongings to someone you've never even met?

Can't comment on going to EP alone but you'd be absolutely mad to share a tent with a stranger. Why would you entrust your personal belongings to someone you've never even met?

Valid point, but i guess i dont expect to have belongings on me that weekend which would be of huge value, regardless if i know the person or not. Im not sure id share with a stranger, hence id like to get the opinions of anyone that has done it

Valid point, but i guess i dont expect to have belongings on me that weekend which would be of huge value, regardless if i know the person or not. Im not sure id share with a stranger, hence id like to get the opinions of anyone that has done it

If it was me heading on my own I'd either get a two man in pink moon to myself or I'd stay in one of the quieter campsites like Chaplin. Anyway just my two cents. I don't wanna hijack your question. other posters may have experience in sharing.

If it was me heading on my own I'd either get a two man in pink moon to myself or I'd stay in one of the quieter campsites like Chaplin. Anyway just my two cents. I don't wanna hijack your question. other posters may have experience in sharing.

thing is, i have 2 tickets and a 2 person tent booked for pink moon...but looking likely that only i will be able to go and would like to get some of the money back!

thing is, i have 2 tickets and a 2 person tent booked for pink moon...but looking likely that only i will be able to go and would like to get some of the money back!

You'll easily sell the ticket. To be honest you'd probably easily sell the pink moon booking too, closer to the date. They sold out last year I think. Pink moon don't do refunds or cancellations no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yes, done the weekend alone a few times, it's grand, share a tent with a stranger? Not a ****ing chance in hell

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'll find someone you know closer to the time, I wouldn't panic ticket will probably only go up in value if you hold tight.

Why not just cancel the camping. Terms below.

If you cancel your booking 28 days or more prior to the start of the event we will refund hire charges that you have paid subject to levy by us of a cancellation fee of 10% of the hire charges. If you cancel your booking more than 14 days before the start of the event (but less than 28 days before the start) we will refund hire charges that you have paid subject to levy by us of a cancellation fee of 50% of the hire charges. No refund will be given if you cancel your booking 14 days or less prior to the event. In the unlikely event that accommodation becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, a full refund will be given.

As for the ticket. That will shift easily so I wouldn't worry there. As for going on your own, I would do it. People very friendly up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gothic_doll

I went for a day once (essentially bought the ticket when I was flush and wasn't bothered about it being a big deal or anything)
    It was completely fine, though bring a camera/something with video capabilities to entertain yourself with (this helped me anyway).

Sharing a tent with a stranger sounds like the beginning of a low-budget psychological thriller/horror movie though :D

Snarky Snark Snark

One thing about the two person tents, you would need to be either a pair of tiny girls or close on a personal level to want to share them with anyone. They are grand for a standard sized bloke and his gear/couple sharing gear or two small ladies/dwarf troop.

Two blokes plus two sets of gear not a runner

• Advertisement

thanks for replies! We have one of the rainbow tipi's booked so dont think space will be much of an issue...but yep, sharing with a stranger was a mad thought! More room for me so!

thanks for replies! We have one of the rainbow tipi's booked so dont think space will be much of an issue...but yep, sharing with a stranger was a mad thought! More room for me so!

.....and a lady friend if you get lucky! :D

BaZmO* wrote: »
    .....and a lady friend if you get lucky! :D

have a feeling the wife wouldn't approve of such a thing!

Snarky Snark Snark

Shared a rainbow tipi with a cousin at this years fun'n'frolics, great ****ing tents they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I can see LCD sound system playing EP16, I wonder what will become of the Despico tent?
    If it's back in some shape or form I'd really like if it's opening hours were extended, every time I passed it was closed or I was rushing to another act!

MEANWHILE!! I know there's always been reunite rumors but this looks pretty soild for Coachella

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/guns-n-roses-founding-members-to-reunite-headlining-coachella-2016/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I can see LCD sound system playing EP16, I wonder what will become of the Despico tent?
    If it's back in some shape or form I'd really like if it's opening hours were extended, every time I passed it was closed or I was rushing to another act!

MEANWHILE!! I know there's always been reunite rumors but this looks pretty soild for Coachella

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/guns-n-roses-founding-members-to-reunite-headlining-coachella-2016/

No indication as yet that LCD will tour again. The Christmas song that was released, they said, was pure chance. All of their schedules synced up for a few days in NYC and allowed the recording of a song that had been written years before.

Would be great to see if they did return and play, though.

And, tbf, extending Despacio's opening hours? They played 6 hours a day for three days!! What more could you want from them? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening at EP 2016, I bet that tour would do well to honor half of those dates, before the diva/hissy fits take place and the remaining shows cancelled!!! Still i'd be over it like a shot!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No indication as yet that LCD will tour again. The Christmas song that was released, they said, was pure chance. All of their schedules synced up for a few days in NYC and allowed the recording of a song that had been written years before.

Would be great to see if they did return and play, though.

And, tbf, extending Despacio's opening hours? They played 6 hours a day for three days!! What more could you want from them? :pac:

What I really should have said was more "out of hours" , like later at night rather than extended hours ;) it would be a great alternative to RBMA.

I've heard that 'LCD at Coachella' rumor a few times now from multiple sources, I'm starting to believe it :)

As for GNR at EP16, not a chance!! (Just highlighting the Coachella link as its a good festival gauge!) they're reported to be getting 3-8mil per show, that's well out of EP's budget!! That'll be a €100/ticket big out door gig somewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would absolutely love if Despacio was back at EP again in the future but have a feeling it was a one off thing, it was the highlight of the weekend for me on the Saturday night but it seems to rare to become a permanent fixture at Electric Picnic. They only play a handful of shows a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening at EP 2016, I bet that tour would do well to honor half of those dates, before the diva/hissy fits take place and the remaining shows cancelled!!! Still i'd be over it like a shot!!!! :D

Rolling Stone reporting this morning that LCD Soundsystem are set to reform for 3 shows next year, including a headline slot at Coachelle. It said "3 high profile shows in the US and UK", so I would reckon 2 in the US and maybe Glastonbury?

But if they are touring at all, then EP might become an option since James Murphy has such a great relationship with the festival. Would be some coup if they only played 3 shows and one was EP!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement