Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Lzmunky wrote:
    Joplin is fine when you arrive, but it's a trek to get to the arena and even the food stalls and showers in Hendrix.. I always find Hendrix is the happy medium.

What do you mean by trek? 20 minute walk to the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What do you mean by trek? 20 minute walk to the main arena?

It's about a 1km walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Mebeme wrote: »
    Hey folks, which entrance should one use for the glamping? Is it all located in same area as pink moon.. We're staying in a yurt with cloudhouse. Cheers.
    I'm also in cloudhouses yurt. No its not pink moon, its Boutique camping. The entrance is usually from the Jimmy Hendrix campsite about a quarter way down from arena entrance and then cross a laneway. Sometimes you can follow the laneway from the main arena entrance (at hendrix) around the outside of the hendrix site but its mostly closed off. This years yellow carpark might be handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I find the pronunciation changes once you clear security. Along with the fact that nobody called Alan or Steve can find their friends

AUSYehP.png

Please... don't remind them :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

What's the huge big clockface symbol beside Anachronica?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Quick question- does anyone on here know if you can have access to the showers in the Boutique camping with a Performers pass again this year?
    I don't much fancy queuing in the Hendrix on the Sunday when the water goes in the Campervan.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Looking at the new directions people have highlighted, maybe this is the only way to guarantee entry to the green car park near the paintball entrance now?
    Looks like people travelling in from Athy might have no choice but to go left and into the new yellow car park.
    That would be a massive ballache if staying in Pink Moon... it's a helluva walk
    the Yellow carpark was there in previous years too, maybe not called Yellow but I parked there in 2010ish on a general ticket. you have to drive down a little road basically through the woods. not sure if it has been opened for general parking for the last few years though?

fairly certain they didn't force you to use that carpark, they'd effectively be closing the main street if they were routing everyone to take that left turn.

there's probably no reason to go through Athy at all really, J15 on the M7 is the quickest/most likely way to the Green carparks if coming from the east.

although you do miss out on the lovely sights and scenery of Athy on the way :pac:

The yellow car park seems close to the entrance to the campervan field, which takes you in a lane through the woods as well... is that the general area in terms of how far down the Timahoe Road?
    Anyways, cheers for pointing out the Vicarstown route. As you say it looks fairly handy for the green car parks and will take out any doubt... hopefully!

neilo87 wrote: »
    What's the huge big clockface symbol beside Anachronica?

Their 'logo'

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

the Yellow carpark was there in previous years too, maybe not called Yellow but I parked there in 2010ish on a general ticket. you have to drive down a little road basically through the woods. not sure if it has been opened for general parking for the last few years though?

fairly certain they didn't force you to use that carpark, they'd effectively be closing the main street if they were routing everyone to take that left turn.

What was the walk like to get into the campsite from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

-=al=- wrote: »
    Instead of mixing your booze before you go in and have to deal with seals, just bring your spirit of choice into the arena in hip flasks and get a soft drink for 2 inside.

I usually bring in hip flasks via my pantaloons or hat and job done. It's good since it's easier to sneak in and you don't have to pee as much watching the acts at he peak times. Sure after 1am you can get the beers in but the spirits are good for the pre 1am boozin in the arena

And we're into the drink smuggling ha ha always comes up about a fortnight - week and a half before the festival, Capri Sun bottles will get mentioned next, possibly rehydration packs. :D
    Bags of wine (higher quality stuff these days) a relatively easy one to get in, just pray they don't leak in your pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

not arriving till 10 p.m on the friday night:eek: what are the chances of getting a camping spot in Janis Joplin by then and will those scouts who put up tents for €20 all be gone by that stage?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Bags of wine (higher quality stuff these days) a relatively easy one to get in, just pray they don't leak in your pants.

"I'm a nervous festival goer" :pac:

The yellow car park seems close to the entrance to the campervan field, which takes you in a lane through the woods as well... is that the general area in terms of how far down the Timahoe Road?
    Anyways, cheers for pointing out the Vicarstown route. As you say it looks fairly handy for the green car parks and will take out any doubt... hopefully!

Here's a "realistic" map with the same colours as the site map overlaid on it:

EKUFAmd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronfee

Looks like the family car park has moved - must have fallen out with the GAA Club!

MJohnston wrote: »

Here's a "realistic" map with the same colours as the site map overlaid on it:

EKUFAmd.jpg
    The yellow looks wrong. Its not far enough down. I think its the much thinner field about two down. Go to streetview at that point and theres a little laneway, that others referred to.

rocks1981 wrote: »
    The yellow looks wrong. Its not far enough down. I think its the much thinner field about two down. Go to streetview at that point and theres a little laneway, that others referred to.

Nah, take a look at the shape of the yellow area on the EP map, and it perfectly lines up with the shape of the trees in that space I've marked. They've pretty accurately modeled most of the natural features on the rest of the sitemap. In addition, I think this is the Yellow car park in action from a previous year:

6108499700_f284edbefa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Does anyone have that list handy of what I need to bring down?

First time festival goer here. After a tent I'm pretty stuck.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sorry, I was wrong. looking at that overlay and this year's map again, the Yellow carpark is outside the walls and across the road. didn't cop the Timahoe Road in purple on the map at all :pac:

the one i was in was Carpark F on this map, which seems to be part of the campervan field now:
    https://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ep2009camping3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

BOHtox wrote: »

Cheers

Your ticket

Cheers

Google 'festival essentials' and you'll find about a million articles on the matter!

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »

Nah, take a look at the shape of the yellow area on the EP map, and it perfectly lines up with the shape of the trees in that space I've marked. They've pretty accurately modeled most of the natural features on the rest of the sitemap. In addition, I think this is the Yellow car park in action from a previous year:

6108499700_f284edbefa.jpg
    Your right. My bad.

A bit of a trek to the entrance though.

Is there any way to guarantee to park in the red car park coming from Dublin?

It looks like it's best to stay on the M7 heading to Portlaoise and then take exit 16 to get on the N80?

In the Eco again this year and don't fancy lugging all the gear from the arse end of the Itchy lot/green car park through the festival to get to it

Your right. My bad.

A bit of a trek to the entrance though.

Probably is yeah, but it's mostly an overflow, or for fancy/VIP campers, so screw them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

Cheers

Tickets –
    Phone –
    Cash, cards and ID.
    Tent
    Mat
    Sleeping bag
    Camping chair
    Torch –
    Small pillows (optional)
    Clothes (and clean underwear) to change if you get soaked or just really filthy.
    Bring at least one warm jumper and a couple of pairs of cosy socks.
    Sunglasses and a hat.

Baby wipes Toilet roll.
    Toothpaste –
    Antibacterial gel
    Pack a few black sacks
    Pain killers, Alka Seltzer and Berocca
    Condoms– you never know.
    Water.
    Few crackers and some taytos
    Lighters loads of them

and a big aul smile for everyone and the notion of having fun all weekend no matter what the weather is like....:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

sorry, I was wrong. looking at that overlay and this year's map again, the Yellow carpark is outside the walls and across the road. didn't cop the Timahoe Road in purple on the map at all :pac:

the one i was in a few years ago must be the campervan field now, or else the small field across the river from Jimi Hendrix.

Yeah it sounded like you were talking about what is now the campervan field.
    You go in a lane through trees after entering the grounds from the Timahoe Road.
    Either way that new yellow car park is a bollocks of a walk from the Pink Moon!

-=al=- wrote: »
    Is there any way to guarantee to park in the red car park coming from Dublin?

It looks like it's best to stay on the M7 heading to Portlaoise and then take exit 16 to get on the N80?

In the Eco again this year and don't fancy lugging all the gear from the arse end of the Itchy lot/green car park through the festival to get to it

I think if you're coming the standard way, you'll nearly always end up in the Red car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, the traffic signs send you to Red from J16 and J17.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Cheers
    Tickets –
    Phone –
    Cash, cards and ID.
    Tent
    Mat
    Sleeping bag
    Camping chair
    Torch –
    Small pillows (optional)
    Clothes (and clean underwear) to change if you get soaked or just really filthy.
    Bring at least one warm jumper and a couple of pairs of cosy socks.
    Sunglasses and a hat.

Baby wipes Toilet roll.
    Toothpaste –
    Antibacterial gel
    Pack a few black sacks
    Pain killers, Alka Seltzer and Berocca
    Condoms– you never know.
    Water.
    Few crackers and some taytos
    Lighters loads of them

and a big aul smile for everyone and the notion of having fun all weekend no matter what the weather is like....:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here's my list..

1) Ticket!!!
    2) Cash/ATM card
    3) Pink moon confirmation
    4) Satchel
    5) Tray of Beer / JD?
    6) Camping gear – bed, bag, pillow, Chair
    7) My hat!
    8) Rain gear
    9) Warm Clothes for night time (including ear plugs, eye mask, hat, gloves)
    10) Footwear – Timberland shoes and runners
    11) Toiletries - Wet wipes, deodorant, aftershave, hair gel, toothbrush & toothpaste, tooth floss, face wash, moisturiser, Dioralyte, microfiber towels,
    hand sanitizer, loo roll, suncream, aftersun, emulsifier, neurofen, black plastic bags
    12) Clothes – Shorts, flip flops, spare jeans, 4 socks, 4 jocks, tshirts, polo shirts, hoodie,
    13) Electrical – phone charger, spare battery, speakers

Tropical Storm Gaston is fairly messing up the long-term weather forecasts, but it's looking like we'll have decent enough weather, maybe about 2mm of rain on the Saturday which is a light to moderate shower. The only thing is it looks like Saturday night might be very chilly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

everlast75 wrote: »
    Here's my list..

1) Ticket!!!
    2) Cash/ATM card
    3) Pink moon confirmation
    4) Satchel
    5) Tray of Beer / JD?
    6) Camping gear – bed, bag, pillow, Chair
    7) My hat!
    8) Rain gear
    9) Warm Clothes for night time (including ear plugs, eye mask, hat, gloves)
    10) Footwear – Timberland shoes and runners
    11) Toiletries - Wet wipes, deodorant, aftershave, hair gel, toothbrush & toothpaste, tooth floss, face wash, moisturiser, Dioralyte, microfiber towels,
    hand sanitizer, loo roll, suncream, aftersun, emulsifier, neurofen, black plastic bags
    12) Clothes – Shorts, flip flops, spare jeans, 4 socks, 4 jocks, tshirts, polo shirts, hoodie,
    13) Electrical – phone charger, spare battery, speakers

Great list!
    I'd also recommend bringing an eye mask and ear plugs. Eye mask is a saviour if you're only heading to bed at 7am and it's as bright. Ear plugs somewhat muffle the sounds of the early risers/no sleepers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement