Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

feck it, updated my list from earlier

1 - Ticket, the most important thing
    2 - Sleeping bag
    3 - Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)
    4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)
    ***NOTE OF CAUTION : Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll **** your feet up.***
    5 - Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury
    6 - Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 - Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 - Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 - Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 - torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)
    12 - Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car
    13 - Towel (for when hitching a lift from the Vogons), I bring two with me, both large microfiber towels which fold down to nothin, one stays in car though with spare clothes
    14 - Beer/Spirits (note, for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security).
    15 - Cold bag for #14
    16 - Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry
    17 - Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning cables
    18 - Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)
    19 - ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)
    20 - gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf
    21 - Lighter, even if you don't smoke, it's very handy to have
    22 - Cash, there are ATMs on site, do no rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 - Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    24 - Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent
    25 - chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (keeping hopes up) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up)
    26 - bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car)
    27 - toilet wipes (I am v.large male in mid 40s but they make my festival botty uber smooth and clean)
    28 - "Box of balloons
    With the feather-light touch
    Pack of party-poppers
    That pop in the night"
    29 - toiletries (roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)
    30 - Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper
    31 - first aid kit (you should have one in your car anyway but if not then get one)
    32 - vitamin pills/ berocca type thingy for in the morning
    33 - dioralyte for with your morning water
    34 - sunglasses (gots to be funky)
    35 - small bag for during day (do not use a backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)
    36 - neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold
    37 - camping pillow
    38 - small pair of field glasses (i use pentax but I am a snob)
    39 - flipflops for shower time (best not to wear into the bogs though or to walk around the main bog areas in them cos squealchy)
    40 - Pair of runners to be left in car, nothing beats that aaaaaaah feeling as you slide your wear feets into comfy happiness on a monday morning before you get nicked for drunk driving which leads us to
    41 - Alcohol breathalyser test kit for in the car, you get them in halfords, don't be a dick and ruin your or someone elses life on a monday morning

And just to add a list of what not to bring -

1 - CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy
    2 - FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser
    3 - GUITAR - we will have noted beat combo crooner Mr. N Gallagher on site over the weekend, any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te
    4 - SENSE OF SHAME - it's not needed for the weekend
    5 - CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

1 Ticket, the most important thing
    2 Sleeping bag
    3 Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)
    4 Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)
    5 Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury
    6 Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)
    12 Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car
    13 Towel (for when hitching a lift from the Vogons), I bring two with me, both large microfiber towels which fold down to nothin, one stays in car though with spare clothes
    14 Beer/Spirits (note, for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security).
    15 Cold bag for #14
    16 Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry
    17 Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning cables
    18 Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)
    19 ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)
    20 gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf
    21 Lighter, even if you don't smoke, it's very handy to have
    22 Cash, there are ATMs on site, do no rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    24 Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent
    25 chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (keeping hopes up) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up)
    26 bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car)
    27 toilet wipes (I am v.large male in mid 40s but they make my festival botty uber smooth and clean)
    28 "Box of balloons
    Pack of party-poppers
    That pop in the night"
    29 toiletries (roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)
    30 Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper
    31 first aid kit (you should have one in your car anyway but if not then get one)
    32 vitamin pills/ berocca type thingy for in the morning
    33 dioralyte for with your morning water
    34 sunglasses (gots to be funky)
    35 small bag for during day (do not use a backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)
    36 neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold
    37 camping pillow
    38 small pair of field glasses (i use pentax but I am a snob)

And just to add a list of what not to bring

1 CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy
    2 FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser
    3 GUITAR - we will have a Mr. N Gallagher on site over the weekend, any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te
    4 SENSE OF SHAME - it's not needed for the weekend
    5 CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it

you win im robbing your list:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The only big change on the map is the bus/coach has moved from the Quarry entrance to the green car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭greg090

is it much of a walk from the drop off point to the entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

MJohnston wrote: »
    Nah, take a look at the shape of the yellow area on the EP map, and it perfectly lines up with the shape of the trees in that space I've marked. They've pretty accurately modeled most of the natural features on the rest of the sitemap. In addition, I think this is the Yellow car park in action from a previous year:

That looks like a really long walk to get into Warhol, if that really is where the Yellow car park is this time. The shape looks right, but that picture shows it being on a level with the lake, while the map shows it much further down the road. i am hoping the latter is the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

4 Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)

If you go with the hiking boots, then do also wear good quality hiking socks. Fresh pair each day also. If you don't have any, then good quality football socks are a good option.

scruff's list is a good one, but I have one addition ( I keep saying this one)...

Ziploc bags are your friends. So many uses... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Kepler21 wrote: »
    That looks like a really long walk to get into Warhol, if that really is where the Yellow car park is this time. The shape looks right, but that picture shows it being on a level with the lake, while the map shows it much further down the road. i am hoping the latter is the case.

Take a look at Google Maps, it can't really be further down the road because there's a river in the way with only one crossing over it - they'd have to funnel cars down and pedestrian campers up that same tiny laneway, which would be a complete mess. I'm almost 100% certain in the location of the yellow car park.

thats definately the yellow car park

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

1 Ticket, the most important thing
    2 Sleeping bag
    3 Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)
    5 Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury
    6 Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)
    12 Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car
    13 Towel (for when hitching a lift from the Vogons), I bring two with me, both large microfiber towels which fold down to nothin, one stays in car though with spare clothes
    14 Beer/Spirits (note, for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security).
    15 Cold bag for #14
    16 Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry
    17 Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning cables
    18 Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)
    19 ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)
    20 gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf
    21 Lighter, even if you don't smoke, it's very handy to have
    22 Cash, there are ATMs on site, do no rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    24 Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent
    25 chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (keeping hopes up) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up)
    26 bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car)
    27 toilet wipes (I am v.large male in mid 40s but they make my festival botty uber smooth and clean)
    28 "Box of balloons
    Pack of party-poppers
    That pop in the night"
    29 toiletries (roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)
    30 Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper
    31 first aid kit (you should have one in your car anyway but if not then get one)
    32 vitamin pills/ berocca type thingy for in the morning
    33 dioralyte for with your morning water
    34 sunglasses (gots to be funky)
    35 small bag for during day (do not use a backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)
    36 neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold
    37 camping pillow
    38 small pair of field glasses (i use pentax but I am a snob)

And just to add a list of what not to bring

1 CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy
    2 FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser
    3 GUITAR - we will have a Mr. N Gallagher on site over the weekend, any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te
    4 SENSE OF SHAME - it's not needed for the weekend
    5 CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it
    Great list- I'd add a campervan to it also.
    Will never go back to tents after getting one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Is Warhol in the same spot as last year?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

If you go with the hiking boots, then do also wear good quality hiking socks. Fresh pair each day also. If you don't have any, then good quality football socks are a good option.

scruff's list is a good one, but I have one addition ( I keep saying this one)...

Ziploc bags are your friends. So many uses... :)

ooooh, yeah i actually have a pack of those but forgot to put on list

I am ashame

For the socks, i would have thought that was a given but possibly not (though I do recommend the change every day, we don't want trench foot now do we)

Is Warhol in the same spot as last year?

yes

how busy is it usually on friday morning?

Snarky Snark Snark

greg090 wrote: »
    how busy is it usually on friday morning?

Busier than you'd think actually, not mobbed but be prepared to do battle for your tent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

thats definately the yellow car park

Unfortunately I think you are right. There isn't much room further down the road. i might rethink my strategy and go for the Green car park again

room_149 wrote: »
    Great list- I'd add a campervan to it also.
    Will never go back to tents after getting one

Spare a thought for us lowly tent dwellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

On the whole bringing water thing. I find its better to bring a big empty bottle, and fill it up at water taps when you get there. (less weight)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

I found this one year in your token Mr Price/Dealz/€2 Euro shop. Very handy, packs away really small with no weight to it, filled it up about twice at the camp site and lasted me and my mates the whole weekend. Holds about 5 litres.

https://cdn-img-2.wanelo.com/p/efb/305/553/f9e1949aecac4154ad5a8ad/x354-q80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah lads. I've a warm, fuzzy feeling inside looking at that map. Cannot wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I found this one year in your token Mr Price/Dealz/€2 Euro shop. Very handy, packs away win no weight to it, filed it up about twice at the camp site across the whole weekend.

https://cdn-img-2.wanelo.com/p/efb/305/553/f9e1949aecac4154ad5a8ad/x354-q80.jpg

I'd be careful of those, I had one one year and by the Saturday I felt like I was drinking dissolved plastic... sick amount of seepage on the cheap ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

MattD wrote: »
    I'd be careful of those, I had one one year and by the Saturday I felt like I was drinking dissolved plastic... sick amount of seepage on the cheap ones.

That's fairly rotten sounding alright. Didn't have the same issue with mine but yeah probably right in buying a half decent one if you can find it.

Busier than you'd think actually, not mobbed but be prepared to do battle for your tent spot.

thanks. gonna try be there for 9am so.

Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah lads. I've a warm, fuzzy feeling inside looking at that map. Cannot wait now.

imodium should cure that

Snarky Snark Snark

thanks. gonna try be there for 9am so.

yeah, you probably don't need to be there that early but before 12ish is bestish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

A tip for those of you using dioralyte or O.R.S. or any rehydration salts. Drink them just before you go to bed to give your body a chance and also you won't wake up with a big gacky dry mouth in the morning either.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Buzzing!

This time next week I'll be sitting in my camp chair having put up the tent and rewarding myself with a can of cider and a drag, watching all the other EP'ers setting up camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

frantic190 wrote: »
    Is that because you thought they would then get Radiohead in ? :-P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement