Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

MattD wrote: »
    I'd be careful of those, I had one one year and by the Saturday I felt like I was drinking dissolved plastic... sick amount of seepage on the cheap ones.

If you're getting plastic containers/bottles, spend an extra euro or two on a bpa free container/bottle and give it a good wash before hand!

I personally can't be dealing with the water down there so I usually bring 3l or so and get water if needed

Try and store your spirits on a flask or something rather than plastic but you should be fine for 3 days. Just wash the bottles before decanting and er'body wins

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Great list!
    I'd also recommend bringing an eye mask and ear plugs. Eye mask is a saviour if you're only heading to bed at 7am and it's as bright. Ear plugs somewhat muffle the sounds of the early risers/no sleepers.

I bring valium instead of ear plugs and eye mask,less weight in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

My list, short and sweet. I am more of a less is more kinda guy
    1. Myself
    2. Ticket
    3. Car also my accomadation
    3. Booze, soft drinks, water, pills & supplements
    4. Cash
    5. Clothes and footware for all weather types, black bags and duck tape
    6. Phone and multiple battery packs
    7. Vap stick and back up cigs
    8. Kindness, respect and joy!

Hope you all have an amazing time!

Peace out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

just read this on the EP website
    On Friday, the Late Night Arena will be open from 12pm-4am, the main arena will be open from 2pm until midnight

This is earlier than previous years .. or am I imagining this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There'll be enough drugs in my system without adding valium to the list! I think I'll stick with the earplugs. Haven't seen wellies on anyones list? I know we probably won't need them but I always bring them and leave them in the car just in case.

I've also decided to bring a tow rope this year so if the car parks are muddy on Sunday I can help drag peoples cars out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What do the men on here find are the best trousers for festival weekends? When I say best, I'm talking about ventilation and airiness. Very important after 3 days sweat. Harem pants would be pretty great but I can only find ones with horrible patterns all over them. The ladies have it handy with their maxi-dresses and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MJohnston wrote: »
    What do the men on here find are the best trousers for festival weekends? When I say best, I'm talking about ventilation and airiness. Very important after 3 days sweat. Harem pants would be pretty great but I can only find ones with horrible patterns all over them. The ladies have it handy with their maxi-dresses and the like.

They're fantastic... you can't touch them..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Marks and Sparks quick dry cargo short thingies, nice and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I wear shorts. If it's cold you can put on a jumper and you're grand. If it rains pants are a nuisance.

You can buy light quick drying trousers for hiking in outdoor shops like Great Outdoors or whatever. Whatever you do don't wear jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

This does seem a lot earlier than last year.

I got a couple of pairs of nice lightweight linen trousers from H+M, and have zip off hiking trousers that turn into shorts. I wish I had the dreadlocks to go full hippy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

Wear Spandex!

Its like wear nothing at all, nothing at all........Stupid sexy flanders!

Snarky Snark Snark

Pudz21 wrote: »
    Wear Spandex!

Its like wear nothing at all, nothing at all........Stupid sexy flanders!

uwMnhX2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Trailer Park, RBMA arena bar, Oxjam, Heineken Sound Atlas and a few others were open from 2pm/3pm last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Trailer Park, RBMA arena bar, Oxjam, Heineken Sound Atlas and a few others were open from 2pm/3pm last year.
    I never knew... I could have been drinking Heineken instead of slumming it in the campervan with cold Prosecco ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Some sort of light cargo-pants-type shorts.

Cargo pants; lots of pockets for phone, wallet, rolled up rain jacket, hilarious beany hat, sneaked-in can of bavaria, etc.
    Shorts; wearing full-length trousers is grand if it's dry, but in the mud, you're f**ked. Three-quarter length is a must.

I go with bottle green for their ability to camouflage stains.

Snarky Snark Snark

thought of a few more items for full festival listing and updated list for formatting

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100809862&postcount=6669

Important one is
    41 - Alcohol breathalyser test kit for in the car, you get them in halfords, don't be a dick and ruin your or someone elses life on a monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

not massively into the headliners so have been exploring the lineup on spotify,
    any recommendations that are similar to mura masa/gorgon city kind of stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Beanstalk wrote: »
    A tip for those of you using dioralyte or O.R.S. or any rehydration salts. Drink them just before you go to bed to give your body a chance and also you won't wake up with a big gacky dry mouth in the morning either.

If you're thinking clearly enough to remember to do that, then you don't really need the dioralyte to begin with.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    not massively into the headliners so have been exploring the lineup on spotify,
    any recommendations that are similar to mura masa/gorgon city kind of stuff?

DBFC, Adultrock, and Automatic Tasty might be up your street. Not exactly the same kind of thing, but similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

This is my first year in Pink Moon (the basic two man tent). Always driven down but have had a nightmare this year and the girlfriends car is going to be out of action so will be without the haven of storage. What am I looking at space wise for booze, bags and two people in that tent? Doable? Also...anyone ever got dropped off? Coming from Tullamore so thinking a lift might be easier than the bus from Dublin!

Hopefully this weather holds up folks 7 days 😎😎😎

Snarky Snark Snark

GidCudi wrote: »
    This is my first year in Pink Moon (the basic two man tent). Always driven down but have had a nightmare this year and the girlfriends car is going to be out of action so will be without the haven of storage. What am I looking at space wise for booze, bags and two people in that tent? Doable? Also...anyone ever got dropped off? Coming from Tullamore so thinking a lift might be easier than the bus from Dublin!

Hopefully this weather holds up folks 7 days 😎😎😎

Bloke+Girl (or Girl+Girl) should be ok in the two man. you'll be sharing stuff so it's not like you're doubling up on content.

2 blokes + 2 sets of stuff would be pushing it

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Beanstalk wrote: »
    A tip for those of you using dioralyte or O.R.S. or any rehydration salts. Drink them just before you go to bed to give your body a chance and also you won't wake up with a big gacky dry mouth in the morning either.

If you're thinking clearly enough to remember to do that, then you don't really need the dioralyte to begin with.

Don't think I agree with this.
    Regardless of how hammered I am now I somehow remember to take this stuff.
    Force of habit at this stage

there is loads of space in the two man tents in Pink moon, no wear near the tiny ones you would get in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

GidCudi wrote: »

Hopefully this weather holds up folks 7 days

Bloke+Girl (or Girl+Girl) should be ok in the two man. you'll be sharing stuff so it's not like you're doubling up on content.

Bloke + Girl + Girl + Girl.....Alllllrite giggity giggity

Ha, no way are two girls taking up less space than two boys!

DBFC, Adultrock, and Automatic Tasty might be up your street. Not exactly the same kind of thing, but similar.

jaysus that DBFC sounds very like LCD soundsystem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Wheres BeansyBeansy???

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ha, no way are two girls taking up less space than two boys!

Without getting into potentially slappable comments on the "spread + volume + chaotic disorder" of stuff that ladies will have, they do tend to be smaller than blokes so they themselves will physically fit better.

summary : wimmens is messy but tiddley so more go into small tent.

and now..... legger.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement