Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Russell. wrote: »
    Snip

mysterious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mysterious

mystery explained
    david-jason-as-del-boy-from-only-fools-and-horses-875975561.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

mysterious

Please refrain from quoting posts that are clearly in breach of forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

anyone looking for a lift from leixlip?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now I want to know what the snip was. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Now I want to know what the snip was.

Its that thing where a man decides he doesn't want any more babies and they cut his penis off........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Have a feeling Broken Social Scene will be a big highlight!

I see from their site that they are playing Dorset on Sunday

Are they Friday???

Would it really kill organizers to release the day breakdown earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Also.... what is the availability of taxis like ... even late night?

Staying off-site for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Stillill42

keith_d99 wrote: »

Pretty ****, in my experience. Can be lucky but I've had to hang around for over an hour on more than one occasion.
    On the plus side, you're not sleeping in a tent, eh?

Snarky Snark Snark

Would it really kill organizers to release the day breakdown earlier!

yes, gotta sell those lanyards and books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

yes, gotta sell those lanyards and books

Those fukken books!! I've never even opened them.

I have, they are handier for the smaller stage listings that don't appear on the lanyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 charliet

Anyone know is there a lot of security around the carparks on the Sunday nights? Driving up Sunday morning and wanna few drinks during the day so was hoping to sleep in the car rather than trying to sneak into friends in the campsite!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Hi all

Whats the craic with traffic driving down from Dublin on Friday? Are we talking hours even if you leave early afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Pretty good in my experience. Never had any problems. Have stayed in Athy before, had a local number and each time we met the driver in Stradbally village. Taxis can come closer but it gets messy in the early hours as a lot of people on the roads trying to hail them. Booking essential, particularly on Saturday night as the drivers have local regular customers heading to pubs/clubs as well as the Picnic crowd. Just let the driver know an hour beforehand and slowly make your way to the meeting point, usually the Supervalu in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah like fark me, they gotta be €3 each and say they produce enough for 1/2, 25000 it's still €75000. That's allot of money for something ppl just throw away!! Must be a sponsored booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭barry181091

roll wrote:
    anyone looking for a lift from leixlip?

I'm in Maynooth myself but would be interested! What time are you planning on leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Hi all

Whats the craic with traffic driving down from Dublin on Friday? Are we talking hours even if you leave early afternoon?

Nah, leave Dublin before 2pm and you'll be grand. A bit of traffic on the approach but doesn't get really hairy until a bit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

charliet wrote: »
    Anyone know is there a lot of security around the carparks on the Sunday nights? Driving up Sunday morning and wanna few drinks during the day so was hoping to sleep in the car rather than trying to sneak into friends in the campsite!

You can stay in the car park all you want. You also don't need to sneak into general camping on Sunday Night, you can go back to your friends tent no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Staying in Pink Moon and want to get into the Green car park. Am coming from the Dublin direction. Any advice on the best route to get into the Green car park? Thanks

• Advertisement

Staying in Pink Moon and want to get into the Green car park. Am coming from the Dublin direction. Any advice on the best route to get into the Green car park? Thanks

Jaysus I don't know how many times this has been asked now, check over the last 3, 4 or 5 pages, similar questions have been answered I thiiiiink!.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Also staying in Pink Moon, looking for advice on best carpark, will be coming from Portlaoise as am collecting couple of friends at Killeshen....and can E.P. veterans tell me is all access on Fri through main entrance?
    Thanks
    MM

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Yeah just read back lads, it's been answered even Google maps on where to go for ye

Snarky Snark Snark

Munstermad wrote: »
    Also staying in Pink Moon, looking for advice on best carpark, will be coming from Portlaoise as am collecting couple of friends at Killeshen....and can E.P. veterans tell me is all access on Fri through main entrance?
    Thanks
    MM

It's the green car park ye want

From Ghostdancer originally so thanks go to that user

https://goo.gl/maps/XTRG2rM7pbH2

Ok ... stocking up on the list you guys kindly provided (thanks folks!)...but quick question on what the showers and stuff are like at EP?

Im assuming the portaloos are grand day 1 and eventually rubbish by day 3 but are there loads of them or are you queuing all weekend.. But what about showers? Are they plentiful? Hot? Mad queues?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Ok ... stocking up on the list you guys kindly provided (thanks folks!)...but quick question on what the showers and stuff are like at EP?

Im assuming the portaloos are grand day 1 and eventually rubbish by day 3 but are there loads of them or are you queuing all weekend.. But what about showers? Are they plentiful? Hot? Mad queues?

Thanks

The showers are grand - they're large portakabins, you go in where there's a large changing room and then into the line of showers which are separated by hanging canvas. Grand and hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks
    Showers good. And toilets fine too, though main arena is better than the campsite I reckon. Queues also in the campsite in the morning so it's often worth going into the main arena early when it's relatively quiet and use the toilets there which are far less busy. And cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LimboSlice

Sitting in the office at about 2pm today and had the realisation that this time next week that office would be a field, and I'd have a can in my hand. Bliss. Excitement at an all time high.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Showers good. And toilets fine too, though main arena is better than the campsite I reckon. Queues also in the campsite in the morning so it's often worth going into the main arena early when it's relatively quiet and use the toilets there which are far less busy. And cleaner.

That sounds great!! phew!!
    Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Is it just me or is having the family camping and beside the swimming lake + drink not just an accident waiting to happen?

(Or am I just getting older? - no replies to this please!!!)

Pd66

PS Bands to see not mentioned yet;
    Elephant
    Black Winged Dove

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement