Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Another one for ye...which campsite would ye recommend? Looking at the map Im thinking jimi Hendrix will be too close to the action in order to get a proper kip. Hoping to avoid the teeny boppers who I just cant keep up with anymore and have a chilled out campsite with fellow c 30s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ANyone not bought anything yet? I need to go get everything on Sunday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Just saw someone on FB mention that they are playing at the elites logic stage, so it's there.

I'm serious as Cancer when I say….this time next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

SantryRed wrote: »
    ANyone not bought anything yet? I need to go get everything on Sunday :pac:

I only have booze and tent snacks to purchase.

Everything else is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

sadie06 wrote: »
    Just saw someone on FB mention that they are playing at the elites logic stage, so it's there.

I'm serious as Cancer when I say….this time next week!

Ffs, miserable stage that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is having the family camping and beside the swimming lake + drink not just an accident waiting to happen?

(Or am I just getting older? - no replies to this please!!!)

Pd66

PS Bands to see not mentioned yet;
    Elephant
    Black Winged Dove
    I used to fish there. It's a fish farm and deeep. Your right, accident waiting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

MattD wrote: »
    I'd be careful of those, I had one one year and by the Saturday I felt like I was drinking dissolved plastic... sick amount of seepage on the cheap ones.

They are fine once label says "food grade" you don't get that nasty taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

managed to get a ticket :D proper delighted now

roll on next friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

managed to get a ticket :D proper delighted now

roll on next friday!!

what do you think of the line-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brianjl

Hey folks, any idea how traffic from portlaois to stradbally would be on Friday morning? Trying to find the best route to get to the green car park from the south east

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Go via Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Doing a bit of snooping around on artist websites and so far I can come up with this list of who is playing what days:

Friday - Chemical Brothers, Todd Terje, Super Furry Animals
    Saturday - Noel Gallagher, Avett Brothers, Glass Animals, Bell X1, John Talabot
    Sunday - New Order, Lana Del Rey, Savages, Animal Collective, Wolf Alice, Wild Beasts, Bat for Lashes, Nathaniel Rateliff, Toots & Maytals, James Bay, Mount Kimbie, Oh Wonder, Phosphorescent

Through process of elimination then you can presume LCD will be the Saturday. Plenty of others who you can narrow down to two days but can't say for sure.

Also - presuming the Friday night is as scaled back as it has been in recent years, I'd say it is very likely we will see the majority of Nas, The 1975, Years & Years, Daniel Avery & Gorgon City on Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Also - presuming the Friday night is as scaled back as it has been in recent years, I'd say it is very likely we will see the majority of Nas, The 1975, Years & Years, Daniel Avery & Gorgon City on Saturday...

Somebody posted a few pages back that the main arena is open from 2PM - midnight this year with the rest of the tents going on until 2AM. If that's correct then Friday could be nearly as big an event lineup wise, contrary to previous years. Wouldn't surprise me either given the increase in crowd capacity. Not much room anymore to be leaving stages closed for any night.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

showpony1 wrote: »
    what do you think of the line-up?

it's not amazing or anything but having explored through the acts I didn't know now I like it so much more than I did at first glance

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Thee joys of next weekend... work on a Saturday! Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

The weather gods may be smiling on EP again - from MT Cranium:
    wrote:
    MONDAY and TUESDAY are looking quite good at this point, sunny intervals, just a slight risk of showers near Donegal Bay, otherwise dry and quite warm with highs reaching 21-23 C.

WEDNESDAY will see some showers and moderate winds, highs near 20 C. However amounts once again only appear slight, 5-10 mm at most.

THURSDAY and FRIDAY are likely to return to dry and relatively warm conditions with highs near 19 or 20 C.

OUTLOOK ... A few showery days but the trend is by and large warm and dry for the second week of September; confidence is low on timing and details but the large-scale pattern looks warmer than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Somebody posted a few pages back that the main arena is open from 2PM - midnight this year with the rest of the tents going on until 2AM. If that's correct then Friday could be nearly as big an event lineup wise, contrary to previous years. Wouldn't surprise me either given the increase in crowd capacity. Not much room anymore to be leaving stages closed for any night.
    it was open from 2pm last year, and there's no point in opening stages if there isn't any acts to put on them. the number of acts hasn't increased, so unless they're reducing the number of acts on Sat/Sun, Friday will be the same as previous years. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

it was open from 2pm last year, and there's no point in opening stages if there isn't any acts to put on them. the number of acts hasn't increased, so unless they're reducing the number of acts on Sat/Sun, Friday will be the same as previous years. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up!

"There's no point in opening stages is there isn't any acts to put on them." That's what I was getting at, that the Friday may be busier since its open so early and until late-ish. I don't remember last year as I wasnt around the main stage the first night. I'm not getting my hopes up I'm actually hoping the main arena will be quieter as im playing the friday myself in Body and Soul

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Anyone have an idea of when editors might be on? They are my must see along with Noel Gallagher but am dreading it thinking they may clash. Any guessers want to calm my nerves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

neddynono wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of when editors might be on? They are my must see along with Noel Gallagher but am dreading it thinking they may clash. Any guessers want to calm my nerves?

They will be on the Saturday or Sunday as they have a gig in Italy on the Friday. The only way I could see them clashing with Noel Gallagher is if they sub headline the Electric Arena or headline the Cosby Tent on the Saturday.. You would be unlucky if both clashed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Hey guys, any tips on which parking zone to go in for pink moon ? And a route. Please! First time going to pink moon area so feeling a bit like a fish out of water

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

dublinjen wrote:
    Hey guys, any tips on which parking zone to go in for pink moon ? And a route. Please! First time going to pink moon area so feeling a bit like a fish out of water

Search the thread, it's been answered loads of times..

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Search the thread, it's been answered loads of times..

Yep literally realised that right after I posed. Was just about to message saying please ignore! Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1 night_owl46

Hey there, first time camping at Electric Picnic. I was wondering can I bring boxed wine into the campsites? I know body and soul lets you bring in like a 2L box, is this the same for EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hey there, first time camping at Electric Picnic. I was wondering can I bring boxed wine into the campsites? I know body and soul lets you bring in like a 2L box, is this the same for EP?

No problem with boxed wine. The empty bag also works as a pillow in the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

Are you able to download and print all tickets purchased from seatwave? I see some tickets say they are not able to be dispatched immediately and the festival starts in less than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well I'll be in Stradbally tomorrow afternoon I canna wait, just finalising some shopping today and will be recharging about 5 or 6 items tonight, look forward to seeing ya all down there. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Well I'll be in Stradbally tomorrow afternoon I canna wait, just finalising some shopping today and will be recharging about 5 or 6 items tonight, look forward to seeing ya all down there. :)

Update us on conditions if u get online BD..

[Jesus, I'm not even going this year and I'm following this thread as if I was.. Should be packing my bags today :( ]

Snarky Snark Snark

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Jesus, I'm not even going this year and I'm following this thread as if I was..

invasion_body_snatchers1.jpg

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

uxiant wrote: »
    Are you able to download and print all tickets purchased from seatwave? I see some tickets say they are not able to be dispatched immediately and the festival starts in less than a week.

I'd be surprised if there's going to be an answer on that here. Afaik, there were no print out tickets, all tickets were hard copy (i.e. non print at home).
    I think your best bet is probably to try a seatwave support number if there's one available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement