Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

UsedToWait wrote: »

[Jesus, I'm not even going this year and I'm following this thread as if I was.. Should be packing my bags today :( ]

me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would the mods be opposed to starting another thread for newbie questions and keeping this thread for discussion? Same questions are being asked on every page because people can't be arsed to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

A separate pink moon thread would be brilliant for those of us not bothered reading pages about it when we could be reading stuff on the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

think what we need is a couple of stickies

1 - best place to park / pink moon/posh camping question list
    2 - festival packing list

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bradyj1995

Has anyone ever used the henikien cold rooms? Are they any good? Have no problem drinking warm cans all weekend but if i can get them chilled for free why not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

3. Best place to pitch your tent

Oooohhhhh excuse you sir!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bradyj1995 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used the henikien cold rooms? Are they any good? Have no problem drinking warm cans all weekend but if i can get them chilled for free why not

I used them one year either at EP or Oxegen, it's a lot nicer getting cold cans back off them! I saw that they are doing a special service this year where you can give them your cans at the entrance of the festival and they will then take them into the campsite for you, where you can collect your cold cans later in the day! Pretty good deal if you ask me. Saves you lugging 24 cans into the campsite with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Bradyj1995 wrote: »

I used themy 2 years ago. Kept most of my cans there overnight they were bearly cold the next day but hino is free to store

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did many of you notice, this is quite a popular thread eh!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Just had and idea... if I was to freeze burgers, steaks etc. Put them in a cooler bag with my cans and when they thaw, fire them on a disposable bbq... I'll be drunk enough by then to not notice warm beer and I'll have a steak too.

That's not going to be much help Saturday or Sunday, but I reckon it may work..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TRADES SUPPLY AVAILABLE

Im not sure what subject were on at the minute to do with the picnic and I ain't gonna read through 450 odd pages to see if this has come up before but what I wouldn't mind knowing is, The Picnic like all festivals world wide, is about the all the talented entertainers/performers performing!! isn't that's what people pay a substantial amount of monies to go and see?? So why do 80(odd)% of performers at the picnic NOT get paid especially when the 80(odd)% obviously fill most of the slots?? Takes the piss (in a big way) I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

MJohnston wrote: »
    DBFC, Adultrock, and Automatic Tasty might be up your street.

fcuk, i didn't know DBFC were playing.... i still might pick up a cheap ticket I think. toutless the thursday night could be value

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Just had and idea... if I was to freeze burgers, steaks etc. Put them in a cooler bag with my cans and when they thaw, fire them on a disposable bbq... I'll be drunk enough by then to not notice warm beer and I'll have a steak too.

I purchased this bag in argos a few yrs back. I froze the cans solid ( cans won't bust but bottles will) - they were ice cold still on the sunday.

12 can and 24 can size

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Doing a bit of snooping around on artist websites and so far I can come up with this list of who is playing what days:

Friday - Chemical Brothers, Todd Terje, Super Furry Animals
    Saturday - Noel Gallagher, Avett Brothers, Glass Animals, Bell X1, John Talabot
    Sunday - New Order, Lana Del Rey, Savages, Animal Collective, Wolf Alice, Wild Beasts, Bat for Lashes, Nathaniel Rateliff, Toots & Maytals, James Bay, Mount Kimbie, Oh Wonder, Phosphorescent

Through process of elimination then you can presume LCD will be the Saturday. Plenty of others who you can narrow down to two days but can't say for sure.

Also - presuming the Friday night is as scaled back as it has been in recent years, I'd say it is very likely we will see the majority of Nas, The 1975, Years & Years, Daniel Avery & Gorgon City on Saturday...

LCD are playing saturday according to Al Doyle

neddynono wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of when editors might be on? They are my must see along with Noel Gallagher but am dreading it thinking they may clash. Any guessers want to calm my nerves?

I'm guessing sunday as they have gigs in Italy Thursday and Friday

Well I'll be in Stradbally tomorrow afternoon I canna wait, just finalising some shopping today and will be recharging about 5 or 6 items tonight, look forward to seeing ya all down there. :)

Have fun Dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What's the search like going in to the camping area?

Asking for a mate...

Frisk and bag search minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Lzmunky wrote: »

I really like the way you're thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

-=al=- wrote: »
    I really like the way you're thinking

I normally freeze a few bottles of water and put them in with the beer, I'm always amazed that I still have cold cans on the Sunday morning.

Freezing cans will lead to flat beer, not good

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »

Asking for a mate...

Bring lube

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Asking for a mate...

Never been searched.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Asking for a mate...

Normally when I used to be a festival paying punter up to about 2010 they give your rucksack a squeeze, they are mainly just checking for glass bottles and its onward to your chosen campsite, its the main arena search maybe you have to be more concerned about, sometimes they can be a bit thorough there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Do they need to see all of the bag and thoroughly check it? I was planning on bringing a hiking bag and not a suitcase but i really don't wanna have to pull half the bag apart if they need to search it!!

I had a big rucksack going in last year and the guy just patted it and let me through. I've been to 4 EPs and I've never been searched going in. It's only going from campsite to arena that I've gotten searched.

They're mostly looking for glass if you hide the contraband it'll probably be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

MadYaker wrote: »
    I had a big rucksack going in last year and the guy just patted it and let me through. I've been to 4 EPs and I've never been searched going in. It's only going from campsite to arena that I've gotten searched.

They're mostly looking for glass if you hide the contraband it'll probably be fine

Been to 6 EPs including last 5. Experience exactly as above.

The campsite to arena search is very random - you may just be waved through but thorough searches do happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Im not sure what subject were on at the minute to do with the picnic and I ain't gonna read through 450 odd pages to see if this has come up before but what I wouldn't mind knowing is, The Picnic like all festivals world wide, is about the all the talented entertainers/performers performing!! isn't that's what people pay a substantial amount of monies to go and see?? So why do 80(odd)% of performers at the picnic NOT get paid especially when the 80(odd)% obviously fill most of the slots?? Takes the piss (in a big way) I think....

To be fair most unknown acts are unlikely to get paid that's just the way it is and the way it has to be!!

The acts I'm going to I see and all the acts in the main stages are certainly getting paid.

In fact whats your point! Do you want completely unknown acts to get paid the same as the headliners, double the ticket cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

Can you bring picnic chair into the main arena ?

Username44 wrote: »

Don't think so, I've never seen anyone with 1 in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Username44 wrote: »

Don't think so, you'd probably get away with one of those stick chair thingies but that's about it.

There are seats at the main stage at the back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement