Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

All performers get a free ticket and backstage access. Plenty of the unknown non professional acts would be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Do they need to see all of the bag and thoroughly check it? I was planning on bringing a hiking bag and not a suitcase but i really don't wanna have to pull half the bag apart if they need to search it!!

I've the same rucksack for the last 10 picnics. All they've ever done is squeeze it for glass

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

Any bands playing that are similar to The War on Drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Username44 wrote: »
    Can you bring picnic chair into the main arena ?

A few years back i bought in a pic chair. no bother there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

leonh74 wrote: »
    Any bands playing that are similar to The War on Drugs?

northern Irish band called Pleasure Beach are a carbon copy... and in a good way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Just had and idea... if I was to freeze burgers, steaks etc. Put them in a cooler bag with my cans and when they thaw, fire them on a disposable bbq... I'll be drunk enough by then to not notice warm beer and I'll have a steak too.

That's not going to be much help Saturday or Sunday, but I reckon it may work..

Wouldn't be risking potential food poisoning for cold beers. Freeze water bottles instead if you're going that route!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLjm8K8yrI

If you're into that sort of thing, DJ EZ is a must. Top of my must sees tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Is there a size limit to the tents we're allowed to bring in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

everlast75 wrote: »
    northern Irish band called Pleasure Beach are a carbon copy... and in a good way
    +1

Phosporescent are similar too

##

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

CSWS101 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLjm8K8yrI

If you're into that sort of thing, DJ EZ is a must. Top of my must sees tbh

14mins in here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Is there a size limit to the tents we're allowed to bring in?

Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Username44 wrote: »
    Can you bring picnic chair into the main arena ?

Yes

14mins in here :D

Where is dj ez playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

declanleo wrote: »
    Where is dj ez playing?

Likely the RBMA or the Little Big Tent, or depending how big he is possibly Rankins Woods.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

declanleo wrote: »
    Where is dj ez playing?

Likely the RBMA or the Little Big Tent, or depending how big he is possibly Rankins Woods.

A mere 5,10" I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Some of the questions asked at this stage in the thread are chronic .

Can I bring my runners or does everybody have to wear wellies ?

Also I've a family camping ticket , will I be allowed bring my 2 dogs , cat and 3 hamsters in ? There part of my family

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Anyone else hoping that the Mother Dj's & Le Galaxie close the B&S stage on the Sunday night like last year? That was a ****in great finale & if it happens this year I'm going to try & remember the tunes as it would make a great singalong party playlist!! The Mother Dj's did something similar at Body & Soul Festival this year too. Anyone fill any of the blanks? I remember they deffo played these

- Toto -Africa
    - Ain't Nobody -Rufus & Chaka Khan
    - ?
    - ?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Looking at a more accurate forecast now.. for the week leading up to Friday at least, is looking good.
    The ground, which usually is in great shape anyway, will be able to handle any moderate amount of rain next weekend, whiche is very unlikely when you compare 3 or 4 different weather sites. Trainers and shorts it is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Looking at a more accurate forecast now.. for the week leading up to Friday at least, is looking good.
    The ground, which usually is in great shape anyway, will be able to handle any moderate amount of rain next weekend, whiche is very unlikely when you compare 3 or 4 different weather sites. Trainers and shorts it is

Yeah, a wee bit of drizzle is looking more and more likely on Saturday, but that's completely survivable really. Just needs to be plenty of woodchips on site!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Anyone else hoping that the Mother Dj's & Le Galaxie close the B&S stage on the Sunday night like last year? That was a ****in great finale & if it happens this year I'm going to try & remember the tunes as it would make a great singalong party playlist!! The Mother Dj's did something similar at Body & Soul Festival this year too. Anyone fill any of the blanks? I remember they deffo played these

- Toto -Africa
    - Ain't Nobody -Rufus & Chaka Khan
    - ?
    - ?

Yep they are closing the earthship stage on the Sunday :) I get a newsletter from them emailed to me

• Advertisement

Screenshot_2016_08_28_10_54_50_2.png

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Yep they are closing the earthship stage on the Sunday :) I get a newsletter from them emailed to me

I'll be tucked up in bed as my daughter starts school...... gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Can I bring my runners or does everybody have to wear wellies ?

Also I've a family camping ticket , will I be allowed bring my 2 dogs , cat and 3 hamsters in ? There part of my family

Can you just answer the questions please ??

:rolleyes:

[/url]

It's still too far out to predict the weather for next weekend with any certainty. The different apps are still contradicting each other.

Tuesday or Wednesday will give us our answer. I'm confident we'll be okay.

It's still too far out to predict the weather for next weekend with any certainty. The different apps are still contradicting each other.

Tuesday or Wednesday will give us our answer. I'm confident we'll be okay.

I hope you're right. Weather can make or break the weekend.

Yeah boy!!

Lemaitre sounding pretty damn good! Came on a shuffle just now, like a supercharged version of Empire of the Sun. The track was called 'Sceptics' for anyone interested!

Karl Blau's version of To Love Somebody = potentially a festival highlight already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

neilo87 wrote: »
    Lemaitre sounding pretty damn good! Came on a shuffle just now, like a supercharged version of Empire of the Sun. The track was called 'Sceptics' for anyone interested!

They're on my have to see list, closer and stepping stone are cracking songs

• Advertisement

I hope you're right. Weather can make or break the weekend.

Only if you let it. There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement