Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

No, there's definitely such a thing as bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Only if you let it. There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

After one of the years we went to Pukkelpop, I beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

With regards to the checking of bags, I spoke to one of the security last year about it. When I was going in at around midday they were patting every bag and thoroughly checking every seventh bag. She said that the frequency varied at different times of the day depending on the queues.

So it's a matter of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Ok that's it, I'm not listening to any more EP playlists! Too many potential clashes when the timetable is finally released tomorrow. Encouraging to see so many Irish acts that I wasn't familiar with churning out some pretty tightly produced work though.
    Anyway, my list is looking like this now

Electric Picnic Festival 2016
    Must see Acts

LCD Soundsystem
    DBFC
    Daniel Avery
    Overhead the Albatross
    Slow place like home
    Automatic Tasty
    Cinema
    **** robot
    Adam Beyer
    Chemical Bros
    Glass Animals
    Plutonic Dust
    John Talbot
    New Order
    Mother DJ's (Sunday Closing)
    Mothxr
    Dylan Moran

Will make an effort to catch some off:

Bat for Lashes
    Patrick Kelleher
    Le Galaxie
    Frank B
    Daithi
    Nialler 9
    Toby Kaar
    Flexfab
    LeMaitre

Will hopefully catch if does not clash with me other schtuff!

Fish go Deep
    Daft as Punk
    Pleasure beach
    Lords of Strut
    Talos
    Panthu du Prince
    Kormac

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cab15

This may be a stupid question but does anyone know if the weddings in the inflatable church are legit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

cab15 wrote: »
    This may be a stupid question but does anyone know if the weddings in the inflatable church are legit?

Hope not, I married my wellies there

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Anyone else hoping that the Mother Dj's & Le Galaxie close the B&S stage on the Sunday night like last year? That was a ****in great finale & if it happens this year I'm going to try & remember the tunes as it would make a great singalong party playlist!! The Mother Dj's did something similar at Body & Soul Festival this year too. Anyone fill any of the blanks? I remember they deffo played these

- Toto -Africa
    - Ain't Nobody -Rufus & Chaka Khan
    - ?
    - ?
    LCD sound system - all my friends
    Larry levan - stand on the world

They were the final two songs AFAIK at body and soul this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

cab15 wrote: »

They are not legit, I lost 20 quid on a bet that they were years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Sun is splitting the stones in the west! Would be wonderful to get this next week nothing like alfresco drinks in the sun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Some of the questions asked at this stage in the thread are chronic .

Can I bring my runners or does everybody have to wear wellies ?

Also I've a family camping ticket , will I be allowed bring my 2 dogs , cat and 3 hamsters in ? There part of my family

That's because you've 50k plus people heading, many many thousands of whom will be going to a festival for the first time.

I was talking to a cousin yesterday who is going for the weekend and has not got a damn thing ready yet and is going to a wedding on Thursday and is in the UK this weekend. I see "fun" in his future if the weather turns bad (that said, he lives about 10/15 miles away so he can always pop home but that's just a waste)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mother was the highlight of B&S for me.

Coming up to this song was bliss....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Two quick questions on keeping gargle cold:

- The Heiniken Cold Rooms....I get that they're only available to Heiniken products, but would that include Orchard Thieves?

- Is there anywhere that sells bags of ice on site? Does that pop-up Londis near Hendrix sell it?

Charlie wrote: »
    Mother was the highlight of B&S for me.

Coming up to this song was bliss....

Pretty much the highlight for me as well! Hence trying to put the set together for future shenanigans! Thanks for reminding me of this one

Oooh yeah, thanks man! Added to the list. I will be up the front at the closing of the B&S stage with horn-rimmed glasses, moleskin notebook & a pencil ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

- The Heiniken Cold Rooms....I get that they're only available to Heiniken products, but would that include Orchard Thieves?

- Is there anywhere that sells bags of ice on site? Does that pop-up Londis near Hendrix sell it?

As far as i know it does include Orchard Thieves.

Yes the shop sells ice.

Need to get that sticky going...!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

They did, €5 a pop though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

They did, €5 a pop though!

And almost guaranteed to run out if there's any kind of sunshine.

Ghost dancer (I think?) Had a great idea of taking in an empty container, fill it with water from the drinking taps, throw your beers in. The night time temp chills the water enough to give semi cold beers for minimal effort.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    And almost guaranteed to run out if there's any kind of sunshine.

Ghost dancer (I think?) Had a great idea of taking in an empty container, fill it with water from the drinking taps, throw your beers in. The night time temp chills the water enough to give semi cold beers for minimal effort.

That could be a winner too.. as long as the beers are cold earlyish Friday is all that matters. Nobody really sobers up after that so the task doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Dutchy

Dutchy wrote: »
    It's the f**king Sun. No other site has anything like that. Moving on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Oooh yeah, thanks man! Added to the list. I will be up the front at the closing of the B&S stage with horn-rimmed glasses, moleskin notebook & a pencil ;)

I also remember Dance Yrself Clean, Lets have a Kiki, I follow rivers and Go (chem bros) being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Any stage time leaks yet?

Snarky Snark Snark

In fairness, it matches the rainfall 5 day chart on met.ie but honestly we're better off waiting till Wednesday to be half way certain on what it's gonna be like.

Snarky Snark Snark

askU wrote: »
    I purchased this bag in argos a few yrs back. I froze the cans solid ( cans won't bust but bottles will) - they were ice cold still on the sunday.

12 can and 24 can size

so how many beer cans do you actually fit into that, the specs are just for 33cl (can of coke etc...).

Checked my cold bag and it's a bit "raggedy".

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Dutchy

Most sites are predicting rainfall. Just hope its less than more. Was just a heads-up. Will see how the models develop over the coming days.

Gulp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wellies and poncho being packed anyway

This is what YR is saying is 4mm of rain bad?
    Completely different wind forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Fatfrog wrote: »
    This is what YR is saying is 4mm of rain bad?
    Completely different wind forecast.

Gaston is NOT predicted to hit Ireland by any serious forecasters at this point. However it looks like the wider Gaston system might send a few fronts our way which could cause a bit of rain. The 4mm that yr.no is forecasting would be a heavy shower if compressed to the space of one hour, but that site has some weirdness about how they present rainfall. I think we can expect a couple of light showers on Friday and Saturday, but its pretty unlikely we'll see anything really disruptive, and temps and general conditions should be pretty pleasant.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

nothin wrong with a bit of rain anyway, it's the only show some of the crustier festival goers will see all weekend

remember to carry bars of soap and a catapult to aid them when it rains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement