Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

so how many beer cans do you actually fit into that, the specs are just for 33cl (can of coke etc...).

Checked my cold bag and it's a bit "raggedy".

The '24 can' bag will hold 12 beer cans, mate of mine had one there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Yellow carpark:
    so we have figured were the yellow carpark is. And according to facebook EP the nearest entrance from there for non family / disabled camping is the Quarry entrance. That seems to be located here https://goo.gl/maps/ND8rkZuYYAr. (juding by the look of a quarry nearby).

Question: does anyone know if you can continue straight into Hendrix at that point? (it looks like the path stops and goes left). trying to get to Boutique camping, and frustrating they wont let is us the entrance that brings us straight there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 evabe

Is anyone going to EP on their own...I vaguely remember there was a meet at one for those that were going on their tod...anyone heard anything for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

How do the Heineken Cold Rooms work? Will there be queues or a first come first served policy. Sounds like a great idea however ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The '24 can' bag will hold 12 beer cans, mate of mine had one there last year.

Did a dry run with my new cooler bags today, the 24lt size easily holds a slab with plenty of space for frozen water bottles in between cans, and dealz have skinny ice packs that fit the sides and middle perfectly

• Advertisement

Poorside wrote: »
    Did a dry run with my new cooler bags today, the 24lt size easily holds a slab with plenty of space for frozen water bottles in between cans, and dealz have skinny ice packs that fit the sides and middle perfectly

Cool, was just pointing out that the '24 can' bag will hold 24 coke can size cans, not 24 beer cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Lads what's with the hype around LCD? Have listened them a bit lately and just can't see what makes them so popular? What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Charlie wrote: »
    Two quick questions on keeping gargle cold:

- The Heiniken Cold Rooms....I get that they're only available to Heiniken products, but would that include Orchard Thieves?

- Is there anywhere that sells bags of ice on site? Does that pop-up Londis near Hendrix sell it?

Yes and yes

Fatfrog wrote: »
    This is what YR is saying is 4mm of rain bad?
    Completely different wind forecast.

That's half an inch of rain,wellies will be required

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

declanleo wrote: »

Not its not!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anyone else hoping that the Mother Dj's & Le Galaxie close the B&S stage on the Sunday night like last year? That was a ****in great finale & if it happens this year I'm going to try & remember the tunes as it would make a great singalong party playlist!! The Mother Dj's did something similar at Body & Soul Festival this year too. Anyone fill any of the blanks? I remember they deffo played these

- Toto -Africa
    - Ain't Nobody -Rufus & Chaka Khan
    - ?
    - ?

Mother are always a serious gig to close out the weekend on the Sunday night.

I actually had a playlist made from tunes they played after their set last year but I must have deleted it since because it's no longer on my itunes or spotify.

Edit: Found it actually! Here you go:

Underworld - Rez/Cowgirl
    Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (Dimitri from Paris edit)
    Phil Oakey - Together In Electric Dreams
    Kavinsky - Nightcall
    Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
    Daft Punk - One More Time
    Moloko - Sing It Back (Mousse T Feel Love Mix)
    The 2 Bears - Not This Time
    Justice - DANCE (MSTRKRFT remix)
    Lipps Inc - Funky Town
    The Buggles - Video Killed The Radiostar
    Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
    Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
    Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
    Alex Metric - Galaxy
    Caribou - Your Love Will Set You Free (c2 remix)
    The Units - High Pressure Days (Rory Phillips remix)
    Oliver $ - Pushing On
    Flight Facilities - Feelin'
    Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere

(Sorry if post is a little off topic but I'm sure anyone who was there will appreciate it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

LG1234 wrote: »
    Lads what's with the hype around LCD? Have listened them a bit lately and just can't see what makes them so popular? What am I missing?

This be a chestnut of considerable vintage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

4mm = 1/2 inch? :)

I get what 4mm is as a measurement, but 4mm over 6 hours is pretty light I'd say.

I think any rain at all and the site will go to ****e completely, it cut up fairly bad a few years back add in another 20,000 ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Accuweather is predicting almost 20mm of rain over the weekend.. I will be incredibly disappointed if it is raining for the entire weekend :( a few showers is manageable but a mudfest makes it a lot harder to enjoy yourself.. I won't hit the panic button until Wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yeah I'm with you. They're on my "go see them if nothing else on, not bothered if I miss them" list.

Have been offered pink moon camping? It's for a two person tipi? Anyone stayed in one of these before don't know whether to go for it or not? Help ☺️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

You're missing out on the concept of different opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Accuweather is predicting almost 20mm of rain over the weekend.. I will be incredibly disappointed if it is raining for the entire weekend :( a few showers is manageable but a mudfest makes it a lot harder to enjoy yourself.. I won't hit the panic button until Wednesday!

I haven't seen any reports yet of rain past 7 in the evening though. Personally I don't mind a bit of rain during the day as long as it's dry at night when I'll be spending vast majority of the time in the arena. Obviously I'd rather it be dry the whole weekend but just trying to see the positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

so how many beer cans do you actually fit into that, the specs are just for 33cl (can of coke etc...).

Checked my cold bag and it's a bit "raggedy".

12 cans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

evabe wrote: »
    Is anyone going to EP on their own...I vaguely remember there was a meet at one for those that were going on their tod...anyone heard anything for this year?

You could try the gigonometry group, usually lots of music fans in it and not folk just going to party

http://www.meetup.com/gigonometry/events/233085020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You don't have to like them, it's not mandatary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Ye I know, but seeing them on nearly everybodies must see list made me think they must be great. Then after listening to them a good bit I'm just thinking to myself what is all the fuss is over. Dance yourself clean is deadly though.

I see RTE are continuing to make their coverage of EP almost unwatchable with the likes of Eoghan McDermott & Al Porter presenting.

They'll be covering the main stage, Other Voices & Electric Ireland tent.

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0828/812520-rte-announce-details-of-electric-picnic-coverage/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

evabe wrote:

I am going to be on my own going to EP. I am both nervus and excited to just make the most of it. Been to most of the EPs over the years and always have fun. Just a new way to approch it i guess.
    But would defo be up for meeting other loaners for a drink and a dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ye I know, but seeing them on nearly everybodies must see list made me think they must be great. Then after listening to them a good bit I'm just thinking to myself what is all the fuss is over. Dance yourself clean is deadly though.
    Check out 20 mins of their set. If not your thing then there'll be plenty of alternatives. Dance Yrself Clean (Murphy's spelling) will be the second last track before All My Friends (they've stuck to the same setlist all Summer) so you could wait til 12.30 or so on the Saturday and catch the last half hour which has most of their best stuff.

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Not its not!!!

12mm of rain....mmmm I think you will find it is.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    4mm = 1/2 inch? :)

I get what 4mm is as a measurement, but 4mm over 6 hours is pretty light I'd say.

I think any rain at all and the site will go to ****e completely, it cut up fairly bad a few years back add in another 20,000 ppl.

I was looking at the two screenshots over 3 days which amounted to 12mm. Wellies comment was sarcasm which unfortunately doesn't always shine through on posts. My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

12mm of rain....mmmm I think you will find it is.

If you check out last weekends weather it was foretasted to be wet this weekend!?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I see RTE are continuing to make their coverage of EP almost unwatchable with the likes of Eoghan McDermott & Al Porter presenting.

They'll be covering the main stage, Other Voices & Electric Ireland tent.

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0828/812520-rte-announce-details-of-electric-picnic-coverage/

Did we ever find out he said to the Foals (?) in 2014 that made the interview unbroadcastable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'd say Alana Can't wait to get to "Stradbelly" ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement