Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Did we ever find out he said to the Foals (?) in 2014 that made the interview unbroadcastable?

Did he ask them something ridiculous like what's their favourite cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Fatfrog wrote: »
    And almost guaranteed to run out if there's any kind of sunshine.

Ghost dancer (I think?) Had a great idea of taking in an empty container, fill it with water from the drinking taps, throw your beers in. The night time temp chills the water enough to give semi cold beers for minimal effort.

Adding salt to a cooler box or container filled with ice and water will lower the temp. Further thus guaranteeing cold beers - I normally bring a bag of salt buy ice on site to add to water! There's a scientific reason behind it but won't bore you with the details! It does however work!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Check out 20 mins of their set. If not your thing then there'll be plenty of alternatives. Dance Yrself Clean (Murphy's spelling) will be the second last track before All My Friends (they've stuck to the same setlist all Summer) so you could wait til 12.30 or so on the Saturday and catch the last half hour which has most of their best stuff.
    Finally a few coming out of the wordwork at the last minute.

I've historically been a fan but I've gone right off them and the hype this year is beyond my comprehension. Will go for a leap around for a while. If they don't play Pow Pow or Drunk Girls it'll be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Finally a few coming out of the wordwork at the last minute.

I've historically been a fan but I've gone right off them and the hype this year is beyond my comprehension. Will go for a leap around for a while. If they don't play Pow Pow or Drunk Girls it'll be a bonus.

I heard ... you're losing your edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

just discovered this site
    http://static.echonest.com/SetListener/
    Converts setlist.fm entries to Spotify playlists...would have been more use a few weeks back but people mind find handy.
    I found a couple of sun loungers in the shed this evening, was thinking of bringing them as makeshift camp beds. staying in pink moon tipi tent, would there be any restrictions on these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

askU wrote: »
    12 cans

Specify type of can please? (coke can or beer can)

12 beer cans in the "9lt 12 can" or 12 beer cans in the "15 Litre 24 Can"

Sorry to be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

looking for some android beta testers

PM me your android account email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Mother are always a serious gig to close out the weekend on the Sunday night.

I actually had a playlist made from tunes they played after their set last year but I must have deleted it since because it's no longer on my itunes or spotify.

Edit: Found it actually! Here you go:

Underworld - Rez/Cowgirl
    Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (Dimitri from Paris edit)
    Phil Oakey - Together In Electric Dreams
    Kavinsky - Nightcall
    Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
    Daft Punk - One More Time
    Moloko - Sing It Back (Mousse T Feel Love Mix)
    The 2 Bears - Not This Time
    Justice - DANCE (MSTRKRFT remix)
    Lipps Inc - Funky Town
    The Buggles - Video Killed The Radiostar
    Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
    Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
    Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
    Alex Metric - Galaxy
    Caribou - Your Love Will Set You Free (c2 remix)
    The Units - High Pressure Days (Rory Phillips remix)
    Oliver $ - Pushing On
    Flight Facilities - Feelin'
    Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere

(Sorry if post is a little off topic but I'm sure anyone who was there will appreciate it!)

Jesus.H.Christ.On.A.Soap.On.A.Rope! ...thank you soooo much for this Ferris!
    I totally, TOTALLY owe you a pint for this because you have answered all my prayers! See you over the weekend I hope?
    Just name the time & the place & I will bring the readies! Cheers bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus.H.Christ.On.A.Soap.On.A.Rope! ...thank you soooo much for this Ferris!
    I totally, TOTALLY owe you a pint for this because you have answered all my prayers! See you over the weekend I hope?
    Just name the time & the place & I will bring the readies! Cheers bud :)

Haha not at all Northernsoul, glad I could help! Solid list of tunes there, I'll see you down at Mother on the Sunday night no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Very early Monday morning first report of the week.

Sssssoooo - Massive Attack weather for EP. That should be fun..... :rolleyes:

Only doing my Spotify playlist now, will be breathing EP music for week. Spent 4 hours-ish earlier going through EVERY single artist to find out who I want to see. Have to admit some acts, I lasted seconds listening to. Found a few nice ones all right, besides the obvious.

It will be Wednesday/Thursday of this week before decide if camping/or if kids or coming. No waterproof clothes or tent will keep you dry if we get nasty weather.

Oh, have to get more Wellingtons tomorrow...

EDIT: might take a drive over that way tomorrow, see what is built. So exciting to see main stage and tents up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So no Todd terje on main stage. Are we resigned to the fact he will clash with chemical brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

The Shins the most obvious band missing from the list...so good chance they're headlining Electric Arena...which means a clash with the main stage headliners. They are playing in the UK on the Friday, so Saturday or Sunday it is. Please god be it Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Other voices have a special guest on Saturday after Sample Answer, I shall be plonking myself there for those sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

So far so good for me clash wise . There'll be a few tight dashes from one stage to another with only a few mins to spare though .
    Sunday looking very light so far , hopefully the likes of Kano and wild beasts on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Rfrip wrote: »
    So no Todd terje on main stage. Are we resigned to the fact he will clash with chemical brothers?

Without doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I thought New Order would close the main stage Sunday night. Lana Del Rey closing it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I thought New Order would close the main stage Sunday night. Lana Del Rey closing it? :confused:

LDR is the headline act, would have expected her to close it.

Which is great because it means I can go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I thought for a second that Nas and Joey Bada$$ were clashing.They're on different days. Phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Sssssoooo - Massive Attack weather for EP. That should be fun..... :rolleyes:

I'll never forget that 2010 downpour on the Sunday. Jaysus.
    Had to leg it from the main stage to shelter in the Body & Soul area. There must have been less than a couple of hundred left to watch Massive Attack.
    Still not sure how the tent stayed up that night after. Swore off camping ever again after it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

I think SFA, bat for lashes and Wolf Alice could headline the EA with the Shins subbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Travelling with a girlfriend who'll be about as much use as a goldfish when it comes to helping me carry things, so has anyone seen any good deals on trolleys in the Dublin area? Going by bus though, so it would have to be something I could fold up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

No acts for Rankins Wood on the Friday, so presumably the Jenny Greene thing is in the Electric Arena instead? she said Friday 9pm, Rankins Wood...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

were The Lightning Seeds always on the lineup? :confused:

No acts for Rankins Wood on the Friday, so presumably the Jenny Greene thing is in the Electric Arena instead? she said Friday 9pm, Rankins Wood...
    yeah i spotted the same thing. She clashes with 1975 on main stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Eagerly awaiting the clashfinder update

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

were The Lightning Seeds always on the lineup? :confused:

They were on the last announcement with James Bay, Bell X1 etc

• Advertisement

rocks1981 wrote: »
    yeah i spotted the same thing. She clashes with 1975 on main stage too.
    The Electric Picnic website has been updated to show that Jenny and Rte are playing the Friday as announced previously.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up#rankin-039-s-wood

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement