Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Had been fearing a DBFC - LCD clash, nice bit of scheduling means you can catch them back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Are the rest of the stages announced tomorrow or later today ?

Holding out for Kano , editors , mura masa , wild beasts and lemaitre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd say the EA is going to be packed with some really big acts all weekend.. Todd Terje, Wild Beasts, Wolf Alice, Super Furry Animals, The Shins, Skepta, The Editors, Jack Garratt, Bat for Lashes, Years & Years.. Surely all of them are too big to play in the LBT or Cosby stage?
    I think Wild Beasts, The Shins and Bat for Lashes could probably do the Cosby stage if up against other headliners to thin the crowd.

I'd imagine SFA and Editors are headlining the EA, along with someone else. Wolf Alice and Years & Years seems like the most popular after that so maybe one or the other headlining with another subbing?

Todd Terje and Skepta could probably do 3rd down. last year had Villagers and Chvrches 3rd down who are just as big, if not bigger than them.
    I know Jack Garratt has gotten popular recently but I don't think he's higher than 3rd in the EA? could probably be in the Cosby stage too.

Are the rest of the stages announced tomorrow or later today ?

Holding out for Kano , editors , mura masa , wild beasts and lemaitre

tomorrow i think, although I have a vague feeling we only got the Electric Arena on Tuesday last year, and were waiting until Wednesday and Thursday for the full lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

tomorrow i think, although I have a vague feeling we only got the Electric Arena on Tuesday last year, and were waiting until Wednesday and Thursday for the full lot.

To quote The Irish Times: "On Tuesday we’ll have the Electric Arena, Cosby, Little Big Tent, Theatre of Food and Mindfield schedule. And on Wednesday we’ll have the times for Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow, Comedy Tent, Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Global Green, Trenchtown and more."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think Wild Beasts, The Shins and Bat for Lashes could probably do the Cosby stage if up against other headliners to thin the crowd.

I'd imagine SFA and Editors are headlining the EA, along with someone else. Wolf Alice and Years & Years seems like the most popular after that so maybe one or the other headlining with another subbing?

Todd Terje and Skepta could probably do 3rd down. last year had Villagers and Chvrches 3rd down who are just as big, if not bigger than them.
    I know Jack Garratt has gotten popular recently but I don't think he's higher than 3rd in the EA? could probably be in the Cosby stage too.

You could be right, but I think the Saturday night in the Cosby tent is going to be Daithi at 9.30 and King Kong Company at 11.00? I think I saw that in here somewhere anyway.. SFA seem like they are nailed on to headline the EA.

I hope you're right about Todd Terje anyway, I'm the same as Rfrip in that I'm getting worried about a Todd Terje/Chem Bros clash.. I was convinced Years & Years would be on the main stage, not a fan myself but I'd say they will get a very big crowd wherever they play!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I've already had 4 text messages this morning from people who are and are not going to the Picnic to tell me that there is going to be a hurricane next weekend.

I'm not sure what is worse - that the click bait sites on social media keep getting away with this nonsense or I have friends who actually believe it and can't tag other people quick enough with this "factual news" :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

I've already had 4 text messages this morning from people who are and are not going to the Picnic to tell me that there is going to be a hurricane next weekend.

I'm not sure what is worse - that the click bait sites on social media keep getting away with this nonsense or I have friends who actually believe it and can't tag other people quick enough with this "factual news" :o:o
    Thats because for some reason, people who dont go to these events are bitter and love it when it pisses on those who do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Think of the bright side - you've now located all of your friends who read or follow tabloid newspapers, and can quietly begin the process of removing them from your life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

Carlow weather, i Dunno who he is or how reliable had this to say regarding the "Hurricane"

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As for these weather stories popping up on news sites saying a hurricane is going to hit, sadly as usual when it comes to weather stories, newspapers and new sites ignore the facts and post the sensational crap.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The image below shows the predicted 5 day path for Hurricane Gaston which doesn't bring it anywhere near us, beyond that is just speculation and much more likely to track away from Ireland. Also even in the unlikely event it did track near is it will be nothing like a Hurricane by then.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So ignore the headline grabbing nonsense and stick with the reliable short term forecasts.
    We'll have detailed Electric Picnic forecasts over the coming days at present it looks a little unsettled but no hurricanes!!![/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I am far too excited to concentrate at work!!! :)

The weather gods are not looking generous for the weekend, lots of rain forecast!
    I'll be packing the wellies for sure. (Only just got around to cleaning the Glastonbury muck from them yesterday!)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Sheog wrote: »

The weather gods are not looking generous for the weekend, lots of rain forecast!
    I'll be packing the wellies for sure. (Only just got around to cleaning the Glastonbury muck from them yesterday!)

There is going to be a hurricane. "Batten down the hatches"....or the tent pegs

I had to powerwash my boots to clean them off after it. at least EP won't be as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I've done absolutely nothing in work all morning , can't wait for Friday

Snarky Snark Snark

ffs, lets just stick to met.ie and see what they've got to say on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fugs!! wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I can't remember what year it was, but I was there one year that there was a lot of rain, and even then, the site held up really well. I think the only bits that got really muddy were the paths in the woods that run along the north edge of the Hendrix/Warhol campsites. Body and Soul Main stage pit got a bit squishy too.

I'm being optimistic - right now one of the forecast models is showing a heavy shower to pass through at around Thursday/Friday 3am, stopped by Friday 9am, and then maybe a couple of very light showers (sprinkles almost) during Friday afternoon. Saturday afternoon could see substantial enough heavy rain between 3pm and 6pm, then very little in the way of rain through Monday 3am or so.

At the same time, the rain forecast is all based on the movements of some low pressure areas, and a slight change to that movement today will mean a big change come the weekend, where we could get much less rain, but not likely to see any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

MJohnston wrote: »
    I can't remember what year it was, but I was there one year that there was a lot of rain, and even then, the site held up really well. I think the only bits that got really muddy were the paths in the woods that run along the north edge of the Hendrix/Warhol campsites. Body and Soul Main stage pit got a bit squishy too.

I'm being optimistic - right now one of the forecast models is showing a heavy shower to pass through at around Thursday/Friday 3am, stopped by Friday 9am, and then maybe a couple of very light showers (sprinkles almost) during Friday afternoon. Saturday afternoon could see substantial enough heavy rain between 3pm and 6pm, then very little in the way of rain through Monday 3am or so.

At the same time, the rain forecast is all based on the movements of some low pressure areas, and a slight change to that movement today will mean a big change come the weekend, where we could get much less rain, but not likely to see any more.

I don't think reasoned analysis of the available facts flies to well with some people

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Iirc, it utterly piddled down in the week leading up last year and the site was fine, not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I run the Carlow Weather page that was mentioned https://www.facebook.com/CarlowWeather/ along with my site www.carlowweather.com

This talk of a hurricane is nonsense so ignore it.

I'll post detailed forecasts from Wednesday on my facebook page based on the latest weather models, it will be Thursday before the high resolutions charts give a real handle on what to expect but at present it looks showery Friday and Saturday and little cooler than of late but it is too far out for ANY forecast to be accurate so ignore the nonsense being posted at present. Check out my forecasts nearer to the weekend and as always Met Eireann.

I'll be at EP myself so I have a keen interest in accurate forecasts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Iirc, it utterly piddled down in the week leading up last year and the site was fine, not a problem.

You are correct. Site was solid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Villain wrote: »
    I run the Carlow Weather page that was mentioned https://www.facebook.com/CarlowWeather/ along with my site www.carlowweather.com

I'll post detailed forecasts from Wednesday on my facebook page based on the latest weather models, it will be Thursday before the high resolutions charts give a real handle on what to expect but at present it looks showery Friday and Saturday and little cooler than of late but it is too far out for ANY forecast to be accurate so ignore the nonsense being posted at present. Check out my forecasts nearer to the weekend and as always Met Eireann.

You are my new favourite poster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Beta tests all seem good. Will make an release app available tomorrow evening once the clashfinder settles down after tomorrows timetable announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Are these based only in the Jimmy Hendrix campsite? I am staying in Pink Moon so those it make any sense to bring the Heineken and walk from Pink Moon to get it? Can you carry the cans into the Main Arena?

Thanks,

Anybody know? I also see you order if you want or bring them in and leave at the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Villain wrote: »

If one drop of rain falls on my head i'm suing you for all you've got, pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Whilk & Misky are my new find this morning .. B&S really does have a cracking line up. Can really see myself up there for a lot of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anybody know? I also see you order if you want or bring them in and leave at the main entrance.

I presume you're talking about the Heineken cold rooms? Yeah they are located in the Hendrix campsite so it would be a bit of a walk from the pink moon over to hendrix, from what I've been told by others on here there are two entrances into the Pink Moon - one is near the Salty Dog and one is in the arena behind the Electric Arena tent. You won't be allowed carry cans through the arena so you would have to use the Salty Dog entrance to bring the cans in/out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Easy Rod wrote: »
    If one drop of rain falls on my head i'm suing you for all you've got, pal.

lol well showers will involve drops I'm afraid :p

No promises of what to expect just yet but I'm hopeful it won't be awful!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement