Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

These weather stories are nothing but clickbait bollox for the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

less queues for what?

Theres a proper bar there, in a large tent and covered, seats outside, cleaner toilets, food stall (pizza place last time). The 2fm hub is there too. Not sure on price as was included in glamping. But think it was closer to €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What's flexfab like ? Can't find anything to give them a little bump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Over 7000 posts on this forum - I'm sure a fair few mentioned Radiohead :P
    Radiohead are the special guests in Other Voices Saturday night.

:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What's flexfab like ? Can't find anything to give them a little bump
    https://soundcloud.com/flexfab

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

• Registered Users Posts: 3 festivalwife

May sound a bit random but —

Anyone has any tips/advice for the following...

- Attending EP with crutches?
    - Walking the 15K Tour de Picnic (and I mean walking, not running)?

No need for tips on walking the 15K with crutches, just to be clear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

maximoose wrote: »
    Christ, looking at the amount of face value tickets being sold now it's almost a buyer's market.

Is there anywhere in Dublin sells high fidelity earplugs? Think it's time I stopped destroying my ears

I hope people remember this next year before paying tout prices. I'd say there's usually 5 to 10% of tickets resold for any one event usually due to legitimate reasons where people can no longer go and when you've 50,000 tickets sold initially it is inevitable it will end up this way. Just need the bottle to hold off buying until the week before.

Regards earplugs http://www.hearingmusic.ie/about-us-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I had a friend who attended on crutches a good few years back. Came down to the main arena on Friday for a few hours .. went back to campervan and was not seen again for the weekend.

YMMV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Ah here, any old riff raff would get in if they only charged €20 :p

I'm just saying what I think it's worth. Limited food option. Marginally better toilets. People with an elevated sense of who they are.
    The bar is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I did most the picnic on crutches after an accident on the first afternoon. People were very friendly and respectful and gave me room.

Obviously you need to hang back a bit in the crowd and not go anywhere were its going to be too packed.

If the mud is bad, you need to take your time. My year was the Massive Attack deluge. So if it was doable for that its doable in any conditions. Just take it very very handy.

One thing that is trickier is getting in and out of the tent.

Walking 15k. Its gonna take about 3 hours + stops. I'd prefer to bike the longer route

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RustyDuck

Did the walk last year, it's grand but it's a lot more than 15k. Once the 15k ends you're walking another 7 or 8 at least for your bags. Have you gotten any kind of confirmation yet though? I had the money in on time but haven't heard anything yet and I'm getting a bit paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

RustyDuck wrote: »
    Did the walk last year, it's grand but it's a lot more than 15k. Once the 15k ends you're walking another 7 or 8 at least for your bags. Have you gotten any kind of confirmation yet though? I had the money in on time but haven't heard anything yet and I'm getting a bit paranoid.

Hey, I sent the facebook page a message last week and they replied that they will send them via email this week. Hope it's not another bloody 7 or 8k after!

Hey, I sent the facebook page a message last week and they replied that they will send them via email this week. Hope it's not another bloody 7 or 8k after!

It was a long way anyway. You finish the 15k on the far side of the town. A friend clocked it on his phone at 22 when we were actually finished. Plus after doing 15 cross country the concrete footpaths are a killer. Thanks for that. I was thinking of emailing them just to set my mind at ease. Don't want to turn up in tallaght to get sent home 300euro down

• Registered Users Posts: 34 barryshock

CAMPERVAN PEOPLE!!!

Anybody travleling up on Thursday? Myself and girlfriend looking share a lift and can chip in for petrol. We will be camping in staff area so have access on Thursday , but no public transport going there Thurday and don't fancy travelling on the Friday

We are based in Dublin city centre.

Just send me a p.m.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 festivalwife

Thank you! Was wondering the same... None of my friends received anything yet and we were starting to freak out a bit :/
    RustyDuck wrote: »
    It was a long way anyway. You finish the 15k on the far side of the town. A friend clocked it on his phone at 22 when we were actually finished. Plus after doing 15 cross country the concrete footpaths are a killer. Thanks for that. I was thinking of emailing them just to set my mind at ease. Don't want to turn up in tallaght to get sent home 300euro down

I had a look at the map this year and it seems that the Tour de Picnic area is right besides the Oscar Wilde campsite. Is that not where it ends or is the finish line elsewhere? A difference of 7-8 km sounds like a lot!

On that note... Anyone ever *walked* it (as opposed to running it) before? Any tips on how not to disturb people who are actually running?

Haven't quoted the other responses but thanks for the info on the crutches too. A friend of mine just had a sports injury this weekend and I am devastated for her, I really want to make sure she has the best experience in spite of the circumstances. We have been planning EP for months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

The forecasts actually havent a clue. They are changing hourly. In fact Metcheck shows 2 completely different forecasts depending on if you click extended or detailed.

Not.A.Clue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

has anyone in the Eco campsite had any emails with info from them yet?

Thank you! Was wondering the same... None of my friends received anything yet and we were starting to freak out a bit :/

I had a look at the map this year and it seems that the Tour de Picnic area is right besides the Oscar Wilde campsite. Is that not where it ends or is the finish line elsewhere? A difference of 7-8 km sounds like a lot!

On that note... Anyone ever *walked* it (as opposed to running it) before? Any tips on how not to disturb people who are actually running?

Haven't quoted the other responses but thanks for the info on the crutches too. A friend of mine just had a sports injury this weekend and I am devastated for her, I really want to make sure she has the best experience in spite of the circumstances. We have been planning EP for months :(

I walked the majority of it last year. Most people were doing the same. It's mostly through fields so people have no problem getting past you if they are running. The only dodgy bit is a forest near the start where I doubt you'd be able to run anyway without breaking your ankles. There's 2 mountains to go over too. That part wasn't fun

• Advertisement

barryshock wrote: »
    CAMPERVAN PEOPLE!!!

Anybody travleling up on Thursday? Myself and girlfriend looking share a lift and can chip in for petrol. We will be camping in staff area so have access on Thursday , but no public transport going there Thurday and don't fancy travelling on the Friday

Just send me a p.m.

thanks
    might help if you told people where from.

patrickb wrote: »
    The forecasts actually havent a clue. They are changing hourly. In fact Metcheck shows 2 completely different forecasts depending on if you click extended or detailed.

Not.A.Clue

There's a reason for that - the models that the forecasts are based on are run every 6 hours (I think it's 6 anyway, around that) and each run, the model generates a series of simulations about how the various elements will interact and progress. The further away from the present time, the more those simulations can change from one 'run' to another, resulting in very changeable forecasts.

You can view the models via various sites, but here's the one I prefer:
    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

and here's the specific part of Saturday that'll feature a heavy rain period (possibly about 3-4 hours of it from 2/3pm):

qDCTYbA.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I use this site allot (Have done for many EP's) and I have to say it's usually bang on!! (Like any forecast it gets more accurate closer to the time)

http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=natlantic

It's not like ACC or YR, you kinda need to interpret the charts for yourself.

Sat looks like the worst day

attachment.php?attachmentid=395636

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads does anywhere tell you the line up each day and times and tents acts are in? as I cant seem to fine it anywhere all im getting is a list of total acts for the whole event! I am just heading over on the Sunday and was only ever at EP once years ago..

benny79 wrote: »
    Lads does anywhere tell you the line up each day and times and tents acts are in? as I cant seem to fine it anywhere all im getting is a list of total acts for the whole event! I am just heading over on the Sunday and was only ever at EP once years ago..

Sorry, it won't let me post a link because I'm too new but if you go to nialler9.com there's a list there

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=electric+picnic+stage+times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-first-look-at-the-stage-times-1.2769494

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

rocks1981 wrote: »
    might help if you told people where from.

I would have thought it was obviously from Dublin. Sure where else would you be going from?

• Advertisement

I would have thought it was obviously from Dublin. Sure where else would you be going from?
    Timbuktu?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement