Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

independent.ie/weather/no-need-to-panic-met-eireann-laugh-off-reports-of-irish-hurricane-35003773. html - Met Eireann laugh off reports of Irish Hurricane

Sorry cant post the full link as am a new user

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KaTEA

Lads, was not expecting some fricken hurricane, and have no idea what to bring so in preparation! All i have clothes wise are playsuits and shorts :O
    What do i need to stop the tent from leaking etc!?

KaTEA wrote: »
    Lads, was not expecting some fricken hurricane, and have no idea what to bring so in preparation! All i have clothes wise are playsuits and shorts :O

Read the above post! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

My next door neighbour's cousin's postman is a retired clairvoyant and she says that she knows what the weather's going to be like at the weekend but she won't tell me cos she's a bad bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Playsuits & portaloos don't sound like a match made in heaven...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Beta tests all seem good. Will make an release app available tomorrow evening once the clashfinder settles down after tomorrows timetable announcements.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This app was an absolute gift last year.

- Attending EP with crutches?

No need for tips on walking the 15K with crutches, just to be clear :)

The only part that will be awkward will be the really busy periods coming in and out of main arena.
    has anyone in the Eco campsite had any emails with info from them yet?

You don't get emails from eco campsite to confirm booking. Only the confirmed thing at the time of booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

first time picnicer,what if anything is open thursday? headin down then.. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

wtf is a playsuit?

Is there an S&M/adult diaper stage i've not been told about?

WM18 wrote: »
    first time picnicer,what if anything is open thursday? headin down then.. cheers

Not much as the site opens on Friday

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

WM18 wrote: »

unless you are in a campervan/caravan, nothing is open, even then only the actual campervan/caravan park is open.

There's nothing else.at.all.

Snarky Snark Snark

Do you have wet gear?
    If not then get wet gear

Is you tent water proof?
    If not get a water proof tent

Does your tent give hydrostatic head?
    If not then give it's pegs a quick tickle

Do you have good quality hiking boots/wellies?
    If not then get wellies (getting boots at this point is utterly useless unless they've been broken in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Feel very unprepared this year. Not even picking up a tent until Thursday....

Anyone else doing the cycle down? Did it last year and doing it again! Gets you down nice and early too! Two days left in work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

wtf is a playsuit?

Is there an S&M/adult diaper stage i've not been told about?

It's an all-in-one top & shorts type thing for women. If one is wearing said playsuit and needs to go to portaloo, they need to take off playsuit . Think of a shorter version of a babygrow, adult-size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭White Ninja

Just looking at the stage times, and can't see Editors anywhere, anybody know what the craic is there?

Just looking at the stage times, and can't see Editors anywhere, anybody know what the craic is there?

Still some to be announced tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Hi Lads -

Hope everyone's enjoying the build up week!.

Probably the most ridiculous question I've asked (so far today) but anything glaringly obvious I need to watch out for when buying tickets off someone else? - have always got my own from Ticketmaster so it was never a concern.
    Missed the boat this year (didn't expect them to sell so quickly - own fault!) but my husband is after getting two from a guy he gigs for (publican).

I'm figuring that surely to God they'd be safe enough (we know where he lives/ works/ his phone number etc I think the fraud usually takes place with complete strangers/ I'll meet you in a car park with them types) but I'm now doing a typical me on it and getting overly anxious thinking about the chat here last year - dud/ copy tickets being sold on Done Deal etc.
    I also remember 2 poor girls being turned away at the gate in 2014 as their tickets weren't 'real'..

I'm over thinking it, aren't I? It'll be fine, wont it??
    (please! pacify my panic! I don't want to get up into the attic looking for camping gear at this late stage for nothing...)

Strongly advise against wearing a playsuit!! Like others have said - it wont go down well when you need to wee - Go with shorts and a vest top instead, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Hi Lads -

Probably the most ridiculous question I've asked (so far today) but anything glaringly obvious I need to watch out for when buying tickets off someone else? - have always got my own from Ticketmaster so it was never a concern.
    Missed the boat this year (didn't expect them to sell so quickly - own fault!) but my husband is after getting two from a guy he gigs for (publican).

I'm figuring that surely to God they'd be safe enough (we know where he lives/ works/ his phone number etc I think the fraud usually takes place with complete strangers/ I'll meet you in a car park with them types) but I'm now doing a typical me on it and getting overly anxious thinking about the chat here last year - dud/ copy tickets being sold on Done Deal etc.
    I also remember 2 poor girls being turned away at the gate in 2014 as their tickets weren't 'real'..

(please! pacify my panic! I don't want to get up into the attic looking for camping gear at this late stage for nothing...)

You have answered your own question. You know the guy and where he lives. Ask yourself "why would he be so silly to rip you off when you know so much about him?"

Canneverfindit .. I was wondering where you were this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Hi Lads -

Be grand.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's an all-in-one top & shorts type thing for women. If one is wearing said playsuit and needs to go to portaloo, they need to take off playsuit . Think of a shorter version of a babygrow, adult-size.

I am disappoint, expected something far more risqué

• Registered Users Posts: 34 barryshock

barryshock wrote: »
    CAMPERVAN PEOPLE!!!

Anybody travleling up on Thursday? Myself and girlfriend are looking to share a lift and can chip in for petrol. We will be camping in staff area so have access on Thursday , but no public transport going Thusrday and don't fancy travelling on the Friday.

Just send me a p.m.

thanks

rocks1981 wrote: »
    might help if you told people where from.

Doh! Should of mentioned that!
    From Donegal , but Dublin city centre based , so will be travelling from Dublin.

Pablo and LZMunky, you are brilliant. I needed some reassurance - didn't want to get all excited and organised to be told it wasn't happening. You're both right, of course. (plus I'll punch him in the willy if anything goes wrong, too)

Pablo am here now!!! and, having caught up on the last 50 or so pages of this thread am starting to get ridiculously excited. Any meet ups planned this year? you know - given the fact that last year was such a major success? ;)
    Seen some mention a few pages back but nothing concrete....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Heard they were a big reason for increased toilet queues at this Summer's festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Meetup is at 3pm in the swimming lake, during the big rain downpour. It's the only way to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Pablo and LZMunky, you are brilliant. I needed some reassurance - didn't want to get all excited and organised to be told it wasn't happening. You're both right, of course. (plus I'll punch him in the willy if anything goes wrong, too)

Pablo am here now!!! and, having caught up on the last 50 or so pages of this thread am starting to get ridiculously excited. Any meet ups planned this year? you know - given the fact that last year was such a major success? ;)
    Seen some mention a few pages back but nothing concrete....

Current consensus seems to be meeting at "Daft as Punk" Friday night at 2.30am ... so its not for old people like me who will be safely asleep back at base while the children are having their fun.

In fairness this is an even more ridiculous idea than last year's "success" as you put it.

I still think the legacy act (Toots) in front of the sound desk on the Sunday is the safest bet ..

Current consensus seems to be meeting at "Daft as Punk" Friday night at 2.30am ... so its not for old people like me who will be safely asleep back at base while the children are having their fun.

In fairness this is an even more ridiculous idea than last year's "success" as you put it.

I still think the legacy act (Toots) in front of the sound desk on the Sunday is the safest bet ..

Oh no! feck that! I'm way too old for that craic too. I never make it til after 2 AND I'm turning 31 on Friday so definitely past it at this stage. I'll have a nosey at the sound desk on Sunday so! see if I can spot any of you! :)

Cant wait now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

unless you are in a campervan/caravan, nothing is open, even then only the actual campervan/caravan park is open.

There's nothing else.at.all.

Tinnies beside camper by moonlight it is then.........cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 snevsnev

Cainer wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can use a car and caravan pass if you have a campervan?

Just realised I bought the wrong one and am panicking now...help...:o

I am in the opposite position (have campervan pass, bringing caravan). Official word from festival republic is that it is at the discretion of the staff on the day. Going to go down early friday - will contact you if it proves a problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

general tickets back on sale on ticketmaster... i'm confident in grabbing a cheap one come Thursday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement