Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Under armour is your friend.!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

lads looking for recommendation of where to get a good sleeping bag for winter temps might be old age but was baltic last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

lads looking for recommendation of where to get a good sleeping bag for winter temps might be old age but was baltic last year

I got a really good one in north face, Kildare village a few years ago, 80e. It's amazing. So so warm

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Mr.S wrote: »
    belgowho wrote: »
    Does anyone remember what the temperatures were last year at night? Trying to find a site with historic forecasts but with no luck. Basically looking to find out if it will be freezing again...

Minus forty thousand.

It's always baltic at night.
    Last year was particularly baltic though. 2014, I remember dancing to Chic in just a hoody...2015 I came out of Elec Arena after Roisin Murphy looking like Michelin Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Mr.S wrote: »
    Minus forty thousand.

It's always baltic at night.

i concur, it is cold at night, double hoodies and beanies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Layers are your friend & don't forget a pair of gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

My approach is to smile broadly, and if asked say "Sure I sold the caravan and bought this instead." failing that ... "The wife and kids will be down tomorrow, they will skin me alive if I don't get this thing parked tonight". If that doesn't work .. "sure I'll just park with the caravans so". Failing that .. "did you find that machete as you were searching me van buddy?"

Can't understand why they changed that this yr I go in a caravan and ticket always said campervan they are all parked in same location anyway!!! They just love over complicating things!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

I'll never forget the cold last year. The crowd dispersed after Blur and I was standing there in shorts and a t shirt, then it hit me so suddenly. Sprinted back to the tent for more layers in record time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

belgowho wrote: »
    Does anyone remember what the temperatures were last year at night? Trying to find a site with historic forecasts but with no luck. Basically looking to find out if it will be freezing again...

Baltic. I didn't have enough beer and woke up at 5am Sunday morning shivering. Solution? Moar beer. Or, obviously, more clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Regarding temps, at present it looks like highs of 17c to 18c and down to 10c by midnight Friday night and Saturday which is a tad cold for shorts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

we will get a party organised in the campervan area sure.

sounds like a plan..

It was chilly last year but 2011 was the coldest I've ever experienced! If I had to guess I'd say it wasn't any more than 5deg. I remember being in the tent late on the Sat night, there was a group of us having great Craic but it was so cold I had to go to bed, proper trails of condensation coming from my breath.
    I slept in my clothes, t-shirt, jumper, hoodie, jacket + double sleeping bag.

I picked up some hand warmers in Lidl a while back, the type that heat up when opened and exposed to the air. They'll be packed this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Villain wrote: »
    Regarding temps, at present it looks like highs of 17c to 18c and down to 10c by midnight Friday night and Saturday which is a tad cold for shorts :D

It's never too cold for shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

A top tip for people that plan on having to much fun and are worried about losing their phone.

Type a note in a text message or on a clip board saying
    "if found please call 087 ******* for reward"
    Put the phone number of someone you are attending the festival with, take a screen shot of it and make it your lock screen background.

If the disastrous happens and you lose your phone, the kind soul that picks it up will see the message and have an incentive to return it to you.

Another thing I'm doing is setting numerous alarms for the times of acts I want to see, on android you can set as many alarms as you like and you have the ability to name each alarm. I'll be naming each alarm with the name and location of each act i want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Just noticed that these guys are at the Body & Soul bandstand at midnight on Sunday (though alas clashing with Ezra Furman at the main stage there). Caught them 2/3 years ago when they were Edwyn Collins' backing band. They also played a support slot before him, decent psychedelic stuff and well worth a look:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Villain wrote: »

Cheers for the updates Villain! I hope to wake up tomorrow with news of less rain expected on Saturday and Todd Terje not to clash with the Chemical Brothers.. If I'm let down on both if these it will make it extremely hard to get out of bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Am I right in thinking that I can have my own (hassle free) cans in the Trenchtown, Other Voices & Salty Dog areas?

As in, are these areas outside the Main Arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

yes, yes you can can (so to speak), it's only in the main arena where they have bars that there's security on the drinky front.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really would have thought Picture This would be on the Main Stage or at least the EA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Can you buy from the off licence in the campsite without actually pre-booking? We've a large enough group this year so have a sneaky feeling our supplies are gonna be low come Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crunch89

first comment ever on Boards WOO..second time going to EP..first at 2013..this years line up is graaand but after seeing Chemical Brothers at Benicassim this year I had to go. They will be in ur top 5 live act bands u have ever seen even if u hate the music..not the biggest fan myself but WOW dont miss them! Weenz, Rusangano Family and Rubberbandits other highlights for me (amazing acts from Limerick..from limerick myself :D)..but seriously other highlights probably King Kong Company, Nas, Years and Years, Jack Garratt, New Order, LCD Soundsystem and Gorgon City.

Any recommendations appreciated? :) (more into heavy dance, rock, rap whatever not a mellow band fan that much)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Todd terje on at 9 so no clashing with the chems but does clash with Jenny greene and there will be some rush from lcd to the little big tent for daniel avery set that starts 15 mins before lcd finish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

other than that Terje/Jenny Greene clash and LCD clashing completely with New Jackson and a bit of Daniel Avery, there's not much that I've noticed.
    I need a coffee and an updated clashfinder to work it out properly though :pac:

some odd placements in the EA, especially on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

crunch89 wrote: »
    first comment ever on Boards WOO..second time going to EP..first at 2013..this years line up is graaand but after seeing Chemical Brothers at Benicassim this year I had to go. They will be in ur top 5 live act bands u have ever seen even if u hate the music..not the biggest fan myself but WOW dont miss them! Weenz, Rusangano Family and Rubberbandits other highlights for me (amazing acts from Limerick..from limerick myself :D)..but seriously other highlights probably King Kong Company, Nas, Years and Years, Jack Garratt, New Order, LCD Soundsystem and Gorgon City.

Any recommendations appreciated? :) (more into heavy dance, rock, rap whatever not a mellow band fan that much)
    Adam Beyer would be one of the "heaviest" dance acts. for other dance acts: Barry Redsetta, John Talabot, New Jackson, Daniel Avery.
    rap: Joey Badass, Rejjie Snow.
    rock: Overhead the Albatross, Savages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

declanleo wrote: »
    Todd terje on at 9 so no clashing with the chems but does clash with Jenny greene and there will be some rush from lcd to the little big tent for daniel avery set that starts 15 mins before lcd finish

Praise be to festival gods for that. Had wanted to see Jenny Greene though, I really think that will be brilliant. Painful though as the last few Friday's at EP there has been f all to go see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

crunch89 wrote: »

Rusangano Family clashing with Chemical Brothers unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement