Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

declanleo wrote: »
    Can we start an electric picnic weather page?

There is one, but you can be sure that come Thursday, this thread will be full of people asking about the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

main clash is years & years vs. LCD Soundsystem imho

PS - any weather updates

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

srm23 wrote: »

Same here, i'm distraught! But I think we're in a minority on this forum, don't mention that band beginning in Y here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Let me check that one .. no, not seeing any clash there.

/s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 crazytealeaf

Looking for advice on 2 fronts here...
    My friend broke her foot 10 weeks ago and unfortunately is still wearing one of those Moon Boot Leg Brace things. It doesnt really hinder her much at all day to day, and she is really not one to fuss or complain, but has anyone any experience of attending a festival in one of these, and in turn any tips or pointers to improve the experience?
    We are planning on splitting the walk from the car to campsite in two to help lessen her load, hope to get to the site by 10am, deal with queues for wristbands etc, set up camp, and then return to the car for our belongings. Does anyone know if you already have your wristband, would you still have to face into much of a queue to get bags in? Would be better leaving the returning to the car until Saturday?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭greg090

I have a question, do they conduct much searches of bags etc. when entering the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

greg090 wrote: »
    I have a question, do they conduct much searches of bags etc. when entering the campsite?

1 in 7 people get searched. May be less if the queue is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's cursory, mostly to checking for bottles and I'd imagine knives/flares and the like. But you only get this when going through the main ticket entrance, not into the actual campsites themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Mmmm, why? What have you got to hide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

My friend broke her foot 10 weeks ago and unfortunately is still wearing one of those Moon Boot Leg Brace things. It doesnt really hinder her much at all day to day, and she is really not one to fuss or complain, but has anyone any experience of attending a festival in one of these, and in turn any tips or pointers to improve the experience?
    We are planning on splitting the walk from the car to campsite in two to help lessen her load, hope to get to the site by 10am, deal with queues for wristbands etc, set up camp, and then return to the car for our belongings. Does anyone know if you already have your wristband, would you still have to face into much of a queue to get bags in? Would be better leaving the returning to the car until Saturday?
    Thanks

They queue is fine if you have the wristband. 5 minutes tops.
    A friend of mine went while she was 7 months pregnant.. loved it! Everyone gave plent of room and she got preferential treatment in queues for the jacks.... I imagine with a moon boot it'd be manageable, the site holds up well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

declanleo wrote: »
    Mmmm, why? What have you got to hide?

A guard wouldn't ask him that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

SFA v Chems
    Kevin Morby v Karl Blau
    Phosphorescent v Pantha

Only real annoying ones for me.

neilo87 wrote: »
    SFA v Chems
    Kevin Morby v Karl Blau
    Phosphorescent v Pantha

years & years vs LCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your car can be stopped and searched by the Garda on the way, there often checkpoints specifically looking for drugs there can also be Garda searches on the way in.
    Don't be smoking doobies in the car or you could have a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

years & years vs LCD?

Cease & Desist young man!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

its prob bn posted already but i aint looking through 486 pages :)

any idea where i might get a boutique camping yurt or pod?
    websites are all sold out (except for mega money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Broken Social Scene v Talos
    SFA v Chemical Brothers v Rusangano Family
    Noel Gallagher v The Shins v John Talabot
    LCD Soundsystem v New Jackson
    Wild Beasts v Savages
    Wolf Alice v Animal Collective

That's just downright bad luck on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Sweet Fúck All?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

neilo87 wrote: »
    SFA v Chems
    Kevin Morby v Karl Blau
    Phosphorescent v Pantha

years & years vs LCD?

Devastated about this......... :)

You have to admire the beauty of this bit of scheduling! we're always complaining about clashes but in this case it's the perfect mix. There's only one person that wants to see both LCD and Y&Y and that's SRM23.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Of all the festivals I've been to ever this years EP is the best as far as minimal clashes go for me ,delighted.

Other than daft as punk clashing with the avett brothers the rest are just 10 minute crossovers here n there , happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Thanks

Depending on where you park and then camp, it could be a long walk. There is definitely a lesser queue if you have a wristband, especially on Friday when most people will be going in the first time. They may/will look through your bags whenever you bring them in, even with a wristband.
    She could stay with the tents while you go back and get the rest of your stuff?
    I know I hate having to go back to the car because of the walk so I load up like a pack mule the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

Any rules regarding speakers ? Heard someone say we're not allowed to bring them into campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Of all the festivals I've been to ever this years EP is the best as far as minimal clashes go for me ,delighted.

Other than daft as punk clashing with the avett brothers the rest are just 10 minute crossovers here n there , happy days
    Daft As punk oxjam till 4am friday night. .

Snarky Snark Snark

rocks1981 wrote: »

So what times the meet up then?
    (and will anybody bother)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Some awful lining up of the program this year and so easily avoidable in some cases. Friday night could be interspersed so you could catch at least 45 mins of each act in the main area's.

Major clashes over the 3 days =
    Todd Terje V Jenny Greene
    Chems V Superfurry
    Noel G V John Talabot
    New Jackson V LCD
    Daniel Avery should be in the Rankin or the Electric Arena, Little Big will be packed after LCD
    Sh*t Robot V New Order V Adam Beyer

it has to be the worst year for clashes although I am hoping New Jacksons set in the Red bull is at a reasonable time so i can catch him there. the rest i'll be deciding as i go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Anyone have a link to the clash finder app?

Snarky Snark Snark

emc2 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the clash finder app?

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

New Jackson V LCD

it has to be the worst year for clashes although I am hoping New Jacksons set in the Red bull is at a reasonable time so i can catch him there. the rest i'll be deciding as i go...

Pretty simple really.
    Frequency of LCD gigs in Ireland Vs. New Jackson gigs in Ireland.
    He plays at least 10 times a year in Ireland surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

rocks1981 wrote: »

So what times the meet up then?
    (and will anybody bother)

There clashing was with Barry Redsetta, I'll be at Barry, looks like we'll have to hold out for the wedding in the inflatable church.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement