Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Major clashes over the 3 days =
    Todd Terje V Jenny Greene

this is a sentence I would never have expected to read in this thread even a couple of weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There clashing was with Barry Redsetta, I'll be at Barry, looks like we'll have to hold out for the wedding in the inflatable church.

the who with the what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

BauBau19 wrote: »
    Any rules regarding speakers ? Heard someone say we're not allowed to bring them into campsite.

Anyone know this? Says "no sound systems" on their website. But I'm guessing they refer to big speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Anyone know this? Says "no sound systems" on their website. But I'm guessing they refer to big speakers?

The rules say one thing, people will anecdotally tell you that they've brought small portable speakers in plenty of years in the past (which would be accurate, have done so myself), but really you won't know for sure until you get there! I'd say you have a greater chance than not of getting a small speaker into the campsites.

MJohnston wrote: »
    The rules say one thing, people will anecdotally tell you that they've brought small portable speakers in plenty of years in the past (which would be accurate, have done so myself), but really you won't know for sure until you get there! I'd say you have a greater chance than not of getting a small speaker into the campsites.

Brought one in last year but didn't get checked to be fair. Hoping I don't get it taken off as I'm only after buying it.

• Advertisement

Are you in a car? Worst case scenario you just take it back there and leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

Just got my Tour de Picnic ticket via email from Eventbrite. Roll on Friday morning! Now to try sort out a schedule with minimal clashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Effects wrote: »
    New Jackson V LCD

it has to be the worst year for clashes although I am hoping New Jacksons set in the Red bull is at a reasonable time so i can catch him there. the rest i'll be deciding as i go...

Pretty simple really.
    Frequency of LCD gigs in Ireland Vs. New Jackson gigs in Ireland.
    He plays at least 10 times a year in Ireland surely?

Agreed, i've also read the following ... "New Jackson will be performing a live set infused with synths and drum modules on Sunday," and I take that as him closing the Red Bull. So after seeing New Order then Adam Beyer its not a bad way to finish off the weekend , not to mentioned B&S Mother DJ's that were amazing last year. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

MJohnston wrote: »
    Are you in a car? Worst case scenario you just take it back there and leave it.
    or other worst case, bring it in and have it stolen. :-)

Though you can rent a locker if your paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

rocks1981 wrote: »

Really? Where's this? I don't fancy carrying around all my cash for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

OhHiMark wrote: »

Really? Where's this? I don't fancy carrying around all my cash for the weekend.
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/book-your-lockers-now

20 for smaller locker i think like ruler length deep and wide. They were on sale yesterday. may have sold out as seem not to be now.
    EDIT:

https://www.facebook.com/giglocker/ their facebook page says they are in two compsites and gave a new link that seems to have availability. https://secure.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/31379/giglocker-electric-picnic-2016-stradbally-2-September-2016

I'd rather risk have it stolen than go 3 days day-drinking without tunes, but that's just me.

I'd rather risk have it stolen than go 3 days day-drinking without tunes, but that's just me.

If only they had arranged some kind of daytime musical entertainment for this here festival ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Agreed, i've also read the following ... "New Jackson will be performing a live set infused with synths and drum modules on Sunday," and I take that as him closing the Red Bull. So after seeing New Order then Adam Beyer its not a bad way to finish off the weekend , not to mentioned B&S Mother DJ's that were amazing last year. :-)

Maybe I'm wrong but that sounds like his usual expanded setup?

Saw him at Other Voices last December as well as Boiler Room the week before like that. Really great gigs.

Here is the unofficial android app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.picnic2016

its all very vanilla and simple but it should work fine. I had to be careful that the app is not using any trademarks or copyright material belonging to EP.

No iPhone app this year. I could not take the risk of legal issues forcing me to shut down my apple account as I have a commercial app in there with paying customers.

I am officially working today, so it is unlikely that I will be able to respond to any problems until well after close of business this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

its all very vanilla and simple but it should work fine. I had to be careful that the app is not using any trademarks or copyright material belonging to EP.

No iPhone app this year. I could not take the risk of legal issues forcing me to shut down my apple account as I have a commercial app in there with paying customers.

I am officially working today, so it is unlikely that I will be able to respond to any problems until well after close of business this evening.

Hero

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

You should wear a tshirt saying 'I am Pablo' - will buy you a pint if I see you!

Did we set up a paypal thingy for you last year? I can't remember

leakyboots wrote: »
    You should wear a tshirt saying 'I am Pablo' - will buy you a pint if I see you!

Did we set up a paypal thingy for you last year? I can't remember

ah don't worry about it .. will be at toots in front of the sound desk .. might make the 2.30 am Daft as Punk thing also .. hard to predict my condition at that point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Is anyone bringing any sort of gazebo this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Looking for advice on 2 fronts here... My friend broke her foot 10 weeks ago and unfortunately is still wearing one of those Moon Boot Leg Brace things. It doesnt really hinder her much at all day to day, and she is really not one to fuss or complain, but has anyone any experience of attending a festival in one of these, and in turn any tips or pointers to improve the experience? We are planning on splitting the walk from the car to campsite in two to help lessen her load, hope to get to the site by 10am, deal with queues for wristbands etc, set up camp, and then return to the car for our belongings. Does anyone know if you already have your wristband, would you still have to face into much of a queue to get bags in? Would be better leaving the returning to the car until Saturday? Thanks

Befriend someone with a campervan and get them to give her and a gear a lift into the site and then collect her there.

No.

A few are suggesting it in our group. I'm on the fence. I suppose it would keep the rain off us but seems hassle to bring and put up and risk it blowing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A few are suggesting it in our group. I'm on the fence. I suppose it would keep the rain off us but seems hassle to bring and put up and risk it blowing away.

it's very easy to setup, we've got one for 20 quid in argos in previous years. handy enough if it's going to be pissing down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was kinda hoping for Editors to be on at the same time as New Order or Lana since after Wolf Alice i have nothing else

Was kinda hoping for Editors to be on at the same time as New Order or Lana since after Wolf Alice i have nothing else

Research a new act you might like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yes

Yes

Argos and Halfords seem to have a few in stock. Might pick up one with side panels for about €100. Tenner a man for the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Check out Ezra Furman, playing Body and Soul at midnight. Should be a brilliant gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What's the craic with daft as punk , they playing once or twice ? The EP app says once

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement