Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Yeah scratch that, dont know what I was thinking there :D

Don't worry Mike….you are not on your own. I bought that album too! In fairness, nobody knew what a total prat he was at first.

It did have great energy!:D

I said it last year, and I'll say it again. I see almost no difference between the music of One Direction and The 1975, instrument playing aside.

I also said, that if I was to hope for one pop act, it would be Bruno Mars. I took my son to see him in 3Arena and it was a full on party from beginning to end with the coolest band and moves I've seen in ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Bruno Mars wouldn't be a bad pop act to have at EP. He would definitely beat Sam Smith's warbling.

I really hope they book M83, they would be fantastic to see live!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Bruno Mars wouldn't be a bad pop act to have at EP. He would definitely beat Sam Smith's warbling.

I really hope they book M83, they would be fantastic to see live!

I agree and Bruno Mars certainly would'nt lap up an audience the way Sam Smith did at at EP15. "Thank you so much for making my album No 1 Platinum in Island....", yeah we get it Sam!!!!

I agree and Bruno Mars certainly would'nt lap up an audience the way Sam Smith did at at EP15. "Thank you so much for making my album No 1 Platinum in Island....", yeah we get it Sam!!!!

I didn't see him myself, although I heard him from the campsite, that was enough. Also read that he had said to the crowd that 'Ireland is my favourite place to perform' yeah Sam!

Last year's main stage was a bit lacklustre (with the exception of Blur, well the second half of their set anyway) in comparison to previous years. Think EP need to amp it up a bit this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

Does anyone know how much sunday day tickets cost and when they will be on sale? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

M83 would be great. I'd be ecstatic if Cold War Kids made an appearance (or any Irish appearance for that matter). Foals definitely look like a headliner, one of LCD or Sufjan Stevens would also be awesome and then maybe Faithless?

New Order a possibility too I'd guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Last year's main stage was a bit lacklustre (with the exception of Blur, well the second half of their set anyway) in comparison to previous years. Think EP need to amp it up a bit this year!

Eeeeeh, Ms Grace Jones (otherworldly goodness), Manics, Future Islands, Boomtown Rats, hot chip all put in fantastic shows on the main stage. It certainly wasn't lacking.

Eeeeeh, Ms Grace Jones (otherworldly goodness), Manics, Future Islands, Boomtown Rats, hot chip all put in fantastic shows on the main stage. It certainly wasn't lacking.

You can add Interpol to the list as well...........

Oops, I forgot to give Boomtown Rats a mention. Went to see them with no expectations and found them a great entertaining act! :)

Snarky Snark Snark

You can add Interpol to the list as well...........

They were better than I expected but didn't think "**** yeah!" after their set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The Last Shadow Puppets playing Coachella and a new album this year supposedly, would be a nice addition :)

Also, how likely would The Libertines be to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The Last Shadow Puppets playing Coachella and a new album this year supposedly, would be a nice addition :)

Also, how likely would The Libertines be to play?

I would put it down as The Libertines being a good shout to play they have a show booked in Germany
    on the 2nd of September so we could see them play the Sunday id say

They were better than I expected but didn't think "**** yeah!" after their set

Yeah had the same feeling as well, i guess i was expecting a repeat perfromance of their Olympia gigs earlier that year, suppose the more intimate venue might be more suitable to them.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Would love to see All Tvvins on the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

James Murphy has written a blog post about the reunion and said they are "playing all over" and will be releasing an album soon too.

That just shows Rolling Stone didn't have any insight, just reprinting rumours they saw elsewhere.

But that's me guessing LCD as Picnic headliner. Would put any money on it!

LCD Soundsystem, Foals and a more legacy type act - Fleetwood Mac?

Undercard (and additional 4th/5th 'headline' types) to include some of Disclosure, the 1975 and Major Lazer I'd say.

Sounds plausible to me? Maybe they'd have someone with a little more pop appeal but it'll be hard to guess until we see a few more festivals unveil their line-ups and we see who else is touring.

That's what I'm thinking myself although not necessarily Fleetwood Mac. I'd love then an Underworld type act , Faithless, in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

MattD wrote: »
    M83 would be great. I'd be ecstatic if Cold War Kids made an appearance (or any Irish appearance for that matter). Foals definitely look like a headliner, one of LCD or Sufjan Stevens would also be awesome and then maybe Faithless?

New Order a possibility too I'd guess

Have a feeling M83 will play at EP or Longitude this year. Depending on how extensive this LCD tour is I'd guess they are almost nailed on as a headliner, James Murphy seems to have a massive soft spot for Electric Picnic. Could also see Foals too as they seem to have become more popular and could pass as a headliner at this stage I would say.

In terms of big dance acts can only think of a few who could probably play on the main stage - Disclosure, The Chemical Brothers, Faithless, The Prodigy, Groove Armada, Basement Jaxx, possibly Jamie XX too? Would like to see pretty much any of them in fairness but if I was to pick one I'd love to see Chem Bros.

Have a feeling New Order could play too. How would LCD Soundsystem, New Order & Foals look as headliners? I'd be into it but not sure if everyone would be. I'd guess they would need decent sub headliners too to keep everyone happy.

Snarky Snark Snark

As much as I like them, are LCD Sound System big enough sellers in the bums on seats front here to be full headliners?
    I would have thought of them as electric arena headliners or later night main stage.

Looking up previous gigs here online, it's either festivals (Oxygen/EP) or Tripod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Surely its too soon for Foals to be back? I mean I'd be all over it cos they were a highlight but they only played in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

As much as I like them, are LCD Sound System big enough sellers in the bums on seats front here to be full headliners?
    I would have thought of them as electric arena headliners or later night main stage.

Looking up previous gigs here online, it's either festivals (Oxygen/EP) or Tripod

The LCD Sound System hype has really taken me by surprise. Are they really that big?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

sheroman01 wrote:
    The LCD Sound System hype has really taken me by surprise. Are they really that big?

I think the hype really grew after they split up, which is kind of strange. So many people discovered them on the back of or after the MSG garden gig.

Also a lot of the music which followed LCD sounds a lot like LCD.

James Murphy and Despachio were on everyone's lips last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Mince Pie wrote:
    Surely its too soon for Foals to be back? I mean I'd be all over it cos they were a highlight but they only played in 2014.

Standing tickets are still available for their 3 Arena gig next month.

I'm a big fan, but I'm sceptical of them headlining.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have a feeling M83 will play at EP or Longitude this year. Depending on how extensive this LCD tour is I'd guess they are almost nailed on as a headliner, James Murphy seems to have a massive soft spot for Electric Picnic. Could also see Foals too as they seem to have become more popular and could pass as a headliner at this stage I would say.

In terms of big dance acts can only think of a few who could probably play on the main stage - Disclosure, The Chemical Brothers, Faithless, The Prodigy, Groove Armada, Basement Jaxx, possibly Jamie XX too? Would like to see pretty much any of them in fairness but if I was to pick one I'd love to see Chem Bros.

Have a feeling New Order could play too. How would LCD Soundsystem, New Order & Foals look as headliners? I'd be into it but not sure if everyone would be. I'd guess they would need decent sub headliners too to keep everyone happy.

Cant see them making EP sell out. Sure didnt New Order do Forbidden Fruit a few years and that didnt sell out , if they did play i could see an EA headline slot at best.

Would LCD be a massive draw over here though? Could see them getting a Hot Chip type slot if they did play

Snarky Snark Snark

New Order = old fogies, they'd be one for an EA headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'd almost go so far as to say that Lcd soundsystem could lead to the festival selling out to be honest. They're probably the biggest band among the electric picnic demographic, partly because they're really good, but also partly because they're firmly planted between the rock side of things and dance side of things and really have something for everyone. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself because I like them so much but I genuinely don't know anyone who doesn't like them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Standing tickets are still available for their 3 Arena gig next month.

I'm a big fan, but I'm sceptical of them headlining.

I think that Foals would be a Friday headliner type band, though. You can get away with someone a little smaller in that slot I think.

Tbh, part of it is that the festival circuit desperately needs new headliners. If it isn't a reunion act headlining, there aren't too many to choose from so the likes of Foals, Tame Impala, the War on Drugs, etc might be fasttracked up to that level to fill in some voids.

For e.g., Kings of Leon headlined Oxegen in 2008 when they were just breaking out. That was before Sex on Fire and Use Somebody and the reaction was a little surprised at the time, but afterwards they seemed like a natural choice to headline other festivals.

I mean, they got ****e, but that's another argument...
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'd almost go so far as to say that Lcd soundsystem could lead to the festival selling out to be honest. They're probably the biggest band among the electric picnic demographic, partly because they're really good, but also partly because they're firmly planted between the rock side of things and dance side of things and really have something for everyone. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself because I like them so much but I genuinely don't know anyone who doesn't like them

LCD Soundsystem is as close as the organisers could get to a headline, sell-out level act that appeals to the classic Picnic fanbase. I had no plans to go this year but this has made me think twice - and they haven't even been announced yet.

I think the fandom surprised some people, but LCD are big. They packed out the Electric Arena the last time they played, with the crowd outside maybe 10-20 deep. I gave up trying to get in it was so busy.

And then they split on the back of Madison Square Garden and the concert album and movie - it just kept getting bigger.

Add in James Murphy's own work since then, like Despacio, and there would be substantial interest in them I think.

And, c'mon, if they can headline Coachella...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

EP will sell out regardless of who headlines tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hi all, does anyone know when Family tickets go on sale for this year's EP and if so any idea on how much approx. they cost?

Or....am I too late they are already sold out of these ticket types already...?

Hi all, does anyone know when Family tickets go on sale for this year's EP and if so any idea on how much approx. they cost?

According to this link, looks like they are sold out:

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/family-info

But I would check back on the website, especially when acts are announced over the coming months, theres usually a few tickets released around the time of those announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

When do they stop selling early bird tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

My understanding was that all tickets are family tickets in that they allow you to bring in one child for free under each ticket.

I don't think there was ever a separate family ticket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement