Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

cheers and i agree best app for it..well done pablo..!!

Excellent app. The official one is decent this year but Pablo has the nice touch of highlighting your clashes which makes it much easier to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I've seen them before and they're not that great tbh. It's just 2 lads in leather jackets and fancy helmets playing Daft Punk CDs. They don't use Ableton like Daft Punk do live, they don't anything different with the songs, they just hit play and dance about a bit. Having said that, with the festival atmosphere I'm sure it'll be a bit of craic anyway!

I'm pretty sure they were playing with a few loops and effects last year. Certainly more than just hitting play. I wouldn't be going to them for outright musicianship or technical skills all the same. It's just a bit of a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

alastair wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they were playing with a few loops and effects last year. Certainly more than just hitting play. I wouldn't be going to them for outright musicianship or technical skills all the same. It's just a bit of a laugh.

This settles it for me .. Whilk & Misky on Friday it is and if I still have a bit of energy over to Oxjam for the end of this, which is on the way home anyway i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Accuweather now saying:

Friday: Cloudly with some showers :cool:
    Saturday: Rain and then more rain :mad:
    Sunday: Partly sunny :)

The ever changing forecasts are an emotional roller-coaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Accuweather now saying:

Friday: Cloudly with some showers :cool:
    Saturday: Rain :mad:
    Sunday: Partly sunny :)

The ever changing forecasts are an emotional roller-coaster!

Think the friday rain is early morning so it's only the Sat rain we need to worry about. All in all, i'd take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yeah the Met Eireann 5 day forcast is giving rain late Thursday/early hours of Friday, then nothing until heavy showers Saturday afternoon to early evening and clearing up later on.

Sunday looking decent.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

eo16_sitemap_public_1800px_wide_web_approved_28_08_2016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Think the friday rain is early morning so it's only the Sat rain we need to worry about. All in all, i'd take it.

I think the weather systems that are currently coming across the Atlantic are conditions the forecasters hate as they can be hard to predict in terms of when the rain "might" arrive and whether it will actually hit certain parts of the country or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 5 different Stradbally forecasts for this weekend between now and Friday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Map

Thanks Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I've seen them before and they're not that great tbh. It's just 2 lads in leather jackets and fancy helmets playing Daft Punk CDs.

Just took a look at them. They certainly don't have fancy helmets either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

wouldn't place any stock in Accuweather in fairness. Met seem to be differing from other forecasts too so I'd say we'll know a good bit more tomorrow. Will be waiting to see what Villain's (who's been posting the latest weather models on this thread) forecast will be tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭greg090

Never been to a wet festival what do i need?

rain jacket and what else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

greg090 wrote: »

did you mean johnnies by rain jacket? and if not johnnies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Socks. Lots of socks.

I don't believe in wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Any site pics or insights BD??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

gsbw06.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fatfrog wrote: »

site is dry and looking well. no real mud spots yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Socks. Lots of socks.

And lots of bin bags to keep all your clothes dry and to duct tape around your feet if it gets to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Hi all, just been looking at the traffic management plan on the EP information site and it would appear that all traffic from North/Dublin/South & West will all merge together and will be directed towards the Red car park.
    All the traffic coming from Carlow & south east will be directed to the Yellow car park.
    How do I get to the Green car park?

Can we drive past the Red to get to Green or do we go through Stradbally from the Carlow side then take a left.

All help greatly appreciated, don't want to lug all my stuff to the Pink Moon.

Thanks, B

They do exist.

• Advertisement

Have you been inside?

Have you been inside?

Buck wrote: »
    Hi all, just been looking at the traffic management plan on the EP information site and it would appear that all traffic from North/Dublin/South & West will all merge together and will be directed towards the Red car park.
    All the traffic coming from Carlow & south east will be directed to the Yellow car park.

Can we drive past the Red to get to Green or do we go through Stradbally from the Carlow side then take a left.

Thanks, B

Be early and you can get into Green

Have you been inside?

It's dry inside

There's was quite a tail back last year, they merged two roads into one, differently to previous years.
    I'm in Car park Z but haven't look at directions to get there yet.

Lad beside me in work just opened a can of coke, ahaaaa this hissing sound a tin makes is magical :)

This time on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

alastair wrote: »
    There's a few Heineken group umbrella craft beers available at the craft beer stand. About six options including a wheat beer iirc. They might have had Caledonian 80 Schilling, which is nice, if you're not into hoppy stuff.
    Yeah there won't be a sniff of any proper craft stuff when Heineken is sponsoring. It'll be the usual Heineken shít, Orchard Thieves, Caledonian, Cute Hoor
    You wont' find anyhting that's not on here:
    http://www.heinekenireland.ie/About-Us/Our-Company/#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

This time on Friday

pffffft, 10am on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

There seems to be more confusion than usual about how to reach the green car park.
    I'm hoping the route via Vicarstown works

• Advertisement

Buck wrote: »

Thanks, B

Be early and you can get into Green

Yellow is to the south of the site and looks pretty small, as far as I'm aware was used by local artists/Boutique camping in previous years.
    Unless something has changed for this year, the vast majority of ppl will be funnelled to red & Green

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement