Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Tickets back up on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

wouldn't place any stock in Accuweather in fairness. Met seem to be differing from other forecasts too so I'd say we'll know a good bit more tomorrow. Will be waiting to see what Villain's (who's been posting the latest weather models on this thread) forecast will be tomorrow!

I wouldn't trust what they say until Monday at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    We may be oldies, but we know how to reply once to a thread ;)

I'm not sure if I do.

I'm not sure if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Has anyone used the shuttle bus from portlaoise train station? I'm heading up Thursday but a friend is joining us Friday from train - does the shuttle bus only have one drop off point? Thanks

• Advertisement

On here because you're all oldies! :P every one i know ( <21 yo) is devastated by years & years and lcd soundsystem clash! The main one in my opinion. I still have no idea who i'll see, probably lcd though. Closer to dying, les slikely to see them again.

You should all go to Years & Years then. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Anyone know where the new family camping carpark is going to be? Directions / location very vague in today's mail from ticketmaster/EP.

"Centre of town on the left hand side"

TIL .. people under 21 can't recognise a duff album when they hear it.

only teasing .. I just feel it was the most underwhelming anticipated album of 2015.

YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Reded wrote: »
    Has anyone used the shuttle bus from portlaoise train station? I'm heading up Thursday but a friend is joining us Friday from train - does the shuttle bus only have one drop off point? Thanks

Yeah I'm pretty sure it does. It was a massive wait for the shuttle bus last year for some reason by the way. Some people were waiting for about 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Wooderson wrote: »
    Anyone know where the new family camping carpark is going to be? Directions / location very vague in today's mail from ticketmaster/EP.

"Centre of town on the left hand side"

I created a vague 'real' map of the site and posted it here. I think the Family Camping car park is directly to the top right of the Family campsite (which is the green area beside the lake) - I reckon your best bet is to just head in that direction and there will be plenty of signage when you arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Saw Years and Years at Longitude and they were quite fun. They're a pop band, they're not masquerading as anything else.
    I'd save the venom for indie tripe like the 1975, James Bay and Gavin James. The Westlife, Shane Ward etc. of this decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

declanleo wrote: »
    Todd terje on at 9 so no clashing with the chems but does clash with Jenny greene and there will be some rush from lcd to the little big tent for daniel avery set that starts 15 mins before lcd finish
    And you've reconciled yourself with The 1975 v Terje clash?

I have to admit that I'm not getting the Daniel Avery hype. One song sounds like a rip off of both Rez and Erotic Discourse at the same time, and the other sounds like a Booka Shade knock off. Decent like, but have heard it all before!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Surprised no ones been on asking is the match being shown Sunday

Latest weather model updates show a decent outlook - Friday warm with sunny showers, Saturday dry apart from a fairly heavy shower in the afternoon (look to be at its worst between 12pm and 6pm):

ukprec.png

And Sunday looks to be mostly dry too. Of course, still early days and things could worsen or improve before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Surprised no ones been on asking is the match being shown Sunday

No Dublin playing

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

What's the chances of James Murphy doing a Dj set this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Latest weather model updates show a decent outlook - Friday warm with sunny showers, Saturday dry apart from a fairly heavy shower in the afternoon (look to be at its worst between 12pm and 6pm):

ukprec.png

And Sunday looks to be mostly dry too. Of course, still early days and things could worsen or improve before long.

12-6pm is a fairly long shower!

srm23 wrote: »
    12-6pm is a fairly long shower!

It won't be heavy for that long, the model only has a precision of 3 hours though, so I can't say when the worst will pass over, 12-6 is the widest possible range!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I said this a few days ago but I'd be very surprised if Todd Terje was just a DJ set, have seen him a few times before and it's never just him behind a set of decks. Not sure exactly what gear he uses when he plays live but definitely has live keys/synths. Won't be playing with the Olsens but I think he sounds better on his own. Here's a picture of his studio set up, doubt he will bring the full shebang but definitely not a case of him just bringing some CDs with him.

todd-terje-studio-650-80.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

On here because you're all oldies! :P every one i know ( <21 yo) is devastated by years & years and lcd soundsystem clash! The main one in my opinion. I still have no idea who i'll see, probably lcd though. Closer to dying, les slikely to see them again.

exit planet dust is older than them, they missed a great twenty one years.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it does. It was a massive wait for the shuttle bus last year for some reason by the way. Some people were waiting for about 2 hours.

That's mental! Glad it's not me ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

in relation to the family car parking and the instructions sent out on the email today from ticketmaster,
    Im thinking that the family parking is just off Church avenue in a farmers field, in Google maps if you look at Church Avenue there is a field with many 40 foot trailers in it, im thinking it is here.
    could be a mile or so off though.

and access for the family camping from the carpark will be down through Lower Woodview.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Saw Years and Years at Longitude and they were quite fun. They're a pop band, they're not masquerading as anything else.
    I'd save the venom for indie tripe like the 1975, James Bay and Gavin James. The Westlife, Shane Ward etc. of this decade.

Am I the only one who liked the 1975's last album?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Only after having a look at the updated clashfinder there, the Friday is shaping up to be very good! But so much so that the Saturday and Sunday are kind of lacking in acts I want to see more so than usual anyway. Big clashes for me are LCD Soundsystem/New Jackson on Sat night and New Order/Adultrock/Bat for Lashes on the Sunday. Will have to choose the headliners but would have liked to see all of them, New Jackson is playing on the Sunday in the RBMA but think it's just a DJ set.

How busy are people expecting it to be for Le Galaxie in the Other Voices? I've never been there, would really like to see Le Galaxie but hate being at overly crowded gigs when they are in tents.

We regularly complain about clashes etc but this year isn't too bad IMO, having Years & Years clash with LCD and Skepta clash with Lana Del Rey was pretty smart planning IMO! Daniel Avery is on at a good time too but it is going to be absolutely mobbed in there. I would love to see DBFC but have a feeling it is going to be hard to convince anyone to come with me and I don't want to lose everyone before LCD, it really could be a case of where are your friends tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who liked the 1975's last album?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just eat retreat line up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Only after having a look at the updated clashfinder there, the Friday is shaping up to be very good! But so much so that the Saturday and Sunday are kind of lacking in acts I want to see more so than usual anyway. Big clashes for me are LCD Soundsystem/New Jackson on Sat night and New Order/Adultrock/Bat for Lashes on the Sunday. Will have to choose the headliners but would have liked to see all of them, New Jackson is playing on the Sunday in the RBMA but think it's just a DJ set.

How busy are people expecting it to be for Le Galaxie in the Other Voices? I've never been there, would really like to see Le Galaxie but hate being at overly crowded gigs when they are in tents.

We regularly complain about clashes etc but this year isn't too bad IMO, having Years & Years clash with LCD and Skepta clash with Lana Del Rey was pretty smart planning IMO! Daniel Avery is on at a good time too but it is going to be absolutely mobbed in there. I would love to see DBFC but have a feeling it is going to be hard to convince anyone to come with me and I don't want to lose everyone before LCD, it really could be a case of where are your friends tonight...

Yeah that's the trickiest one for me. 40mins of the Shins then leg it to B&S for 30ish mins of DBFC, leaving 15mins to reconnect and find a good spot for LCD.

Wolf Alice clashing with Animal Collective is also a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It won't be heavy for that long, the model only has a precision of 3 hours though, so I can't say when the worst will pass over, 12-6 is the widest possible range!

I have access to hourly charts for GFS and they don't look good on the 12z run for Saturday with over 10mm shown but its just one run and plenty of time to change yet, however at present I would be preparing for heavy rain for a few hours on Saturday.

Friday and Sunday look pretty good though on the positive side.

Once the ECM 12z charts are available I'll post another update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Whilk & Misky have cancelled.

Body & Soul tweeted a few minutes ago. "Working on a replacement closing act", they said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement