Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who liked the 1975's last album?

Yes.

I just think there's a few good pop songs on it and parts of it sounds closer to M83 or Brian Eno then Westlife

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Some shots from the site today, courtesy of one of the official photographers:

https://www.facebook.com/CiaraDPhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1040378476031006

And the ground looks good. It's held firm every year bar one (2010??) so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Whilk & Misky have cancelled.

Body & Soul tweeted a few minutes ago. "Working on a replacement closing act", they said.

SFA Acoustic Bingo would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

MJohnston wrote: »
    We may be oldies, but we know how to reply once to a thread ;)

I'm gonna blame that on my gammy reception ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Really starting to get giddy now. If it's one isolated patch of rain, heavy or not, I'll take it. But to be prepared would anyone know where you can pick up those cheap disposable ponchos around Dublin, or are the a waste of time?

• Advertisement

So what's left to be announced?

- Salty Dog
    - Jerry Fish
    - Comedy

- Minefield and all that Celebrity Chef nonsense

Anything else?

ddubs wrote: »
    Really starting to get giddy now. If it's one isolated patch of rain, heavy or not, I'll take it. But to be prepared would anyone know where you can pick up those cheap disposable ponchos around Dublin, or are the a waste of time?

Get 2 for €1.50 in Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

ddubs wrote: »

1.50 in halfords!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Whilk & Misky have cancelled.

Body & Soul tweeted a few minutes ago. "Working on a replacement closing act", they said.

Devastated. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

MJohnston wrote: »

Loving that flexfab , great shout . Straight there after chemos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest ECM charts show a brief enough period of sustained rain on Saturday for around 3 hours but it's showing around 10mm to 12mm which would be wet enough, strong enough breeze too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone else worried they may not make it to Overhead The Albatross...? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

I've never been to the Other Voices stage in previous years, but there are a fair few acts I'm interested in seeing there this year. Can anybody tell me what sort of capacity it holds and if you have to be there early prior to the gigs? Obviously timeslots and specific bands play a part too but just wondering in general if it's quite limited to the amount it can hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm not seeing anything too devastating on the clash front this year so far which is promising. There are a lot of acts overlapping for me which is a shame but I can make it work. Rusangano Family clashing with The Chemical Brothers on Friday and then Otherkin on the Saturday is a little disappointing but it's workable, I've seen Otherkin a load of times the last few years so I could probably miss them, but they've been getting better and better every time. The Saturday seems to be crazy busy in the middle of the day for me with small acts clashing all over the place so some difficult decisions to be made.

One of my friends is coming down on his own this year and wants to camp with me and the gf but we've booked a spot in the eco campsite and he didn't. I remember last year I was able to get a few spots for the eco site last minute no problem off a friendly soul on boards, but it's a lot more in demand this year it seems so I'm not holding out much hope! If anyone happens to have a spare slot booked that they don't need or knows of someone that can no longer make it, let me know and I'd happily take one space for my friend in exchange for cans and gratitude.

Edit: That same kind soul from last year managed to sort me out. Thanks guys. I knew I could always count on Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

So what's left to be announced?

- Salty Dog
    - Jerry Fish
    - Comedy

- Minefield and all that Celebrity Chef nonsense

Anything else?
    Red Bull Tropical stage
    Arachnophobiainthewoods
    Trenchtown]
    Heineken Sound Atlas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I've never been to the Other Voices stage in previous years, but there are a fair few acts I'm interested in seeing there this year. Can anybody tell me what sort of capacity it holds and if you have to be there early prior to the gigs? Obviously timeslots and specific bands play a part too but just wondering in general if it's quite limited to the amount it can hold.

Very limited so get there early if its likely to be a popular act.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

SFA Acoustic Bingo would be nice.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/CiaraDPhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1040378476031006

And the ground looks good. It's held firm every year bar one (2010??) so here's hoping.
    those photos of people on bikes just reminded me of that bastard with the wonky bike. i'll beat him this year! :mad:

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Very limited so get there early if its likely to be a popular act.

Nice one, cheers. Playing myself on the Earthship Stage during Saint Sister so I'll catch their second gig elsewhere, but very much wanting to catch Lynched, Russangano Family and a couple of others. Two 'special guests' billed too over the weekend there.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Seathrun66 wrote: »

That Hazelwood looks like a bag of ........

• Advertisement

See campervan, family camper-van, weekend and family weekend all going for face value on Done Deal at this stage. Touts obviously went to town on camper van and family camping. I think they forgot most families can't just drop everything and go at last minute.

PD66

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So I can get the Trinity Orchestra, Elephant, Brian Deady, Mothers, Hare Squead, Whitney, Kevin Morby, a bit of Bell X, the Avett Brothers, the Shins and Lcd Soundsystem on Saturday. That's a pretty epic days music.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone else worried they may not make it to Overhead The Albatross...? :pac:

Its a given in my case!!

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Its a given in my case!!

If I were them, I'd be worried about Overhead The Albatross not making it to Overhead The Albatross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭CWF

Is there a rave in the woods this year!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Arnt they some **** though, the likes of joe.ie etc putting up articles on a hurricane this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Devastated. :(

I was just about to check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

the beers are in the fridge,
    the freeze mat thingies are in the freezer

3 sleeps everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Assuming lbt is full for daniel avery after lcd, what's the recommendations? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    Arnt they some **** though, the likes of joe.ie etc putting up articles on a hurricane this weekend

The EP has become very popular to people who aren't even going or have gone, they love talking ****e about it dropping it in conversation, it's almost like a popular Kardashian like brand it does my head in. If you listen to radio or TV adds for the likes of electric Ireland or Three, they almost spend more time on the EP that their own brand.
    The tabloids really putting up utter ****e, click bait, anything to do with EP they'll run with it, regardless of accuracy!! it sells, worryingly we still buy it.

Jeez that was a bit of a rant, I'll lighten up by Friday, promise!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement