Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Little lullaby for all the weather fanatics https://youtu.be/upfWf0mAxx8

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

declanleo wrote: »
    Assuming lbt is full for daniel avery after lcd, what's the recommendations? Cheers

As depressing as it is, I agree that Avery will prob be rammed by the time I make it over from the end of LCD.

I'll be playing it by ear, but reckon checking out Toby Kaar in B&S might be the move

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

is it worth buying a semi decent (20e) poncho
    or will i just buy a heap of the pound shop jobs?
    might try some gaiters, hate wearing wellies!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Little lullaby for all the weather fanatics https://youtu.be/upfWf0mAxx8

clicked half expecting "it's raining men"

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Here's my attempt at a realistic goal for the weekend given stages announced so far. Will catch lots more over the weekend but making all these ten would be great

Interesting to note that I hadn't listened to a single song from 5 out of these 10 before I started looking into the line-up in more detail.

Fri:
    Broken Social Scene
    Chemical Bros

Sat:
    Glass Animals
    Little Simz
    Mura Masa
    LCD

Sun:
    Pumarosa
    Nao
    Animal Collective
    New Order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Whilk & Misky have cancelled.

Body & Soul tweeted a few minutes ago. "Working on a replacement closing act", they said.
    that 's really disapointing...was seriously looking forward to them closing Friday night off after Mothxr.

have Saturday pretty much lined up from early...loads of great acts, no clashes, and even some time for some inbetween beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

clicked half expecting "it's raining men"

*hoping

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The EP has become very popular to people who aren't even going or have gone, they love talking ****e about it dropping it in conversation, it's almost like a popular Kardashian like brand it does my head in. If you listen to radio or TV adds for the likes of electric Ireland or Three, they almost spend more time on the EP that their own brand.
    The tabloids really putting up utter ****e, click bait, anything to do with EP they'll run with it, regardless of accuracy!! it sells, worryingly we still buy it.

Jeez that was a bit of a rant, I'll lighten up by Friday, promise!!

Well, EP has gone out of its way to be a mainstream Festival these days, so "You Reap What You Sow" I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    *hoping

there's no need for it to rain men, there's enough of me to go around for all

oooooh yeah baby inhale my sensational musky simianness, don't need no lynx africa when I'm around...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

As depressing as it is, I agree that Avery will prob be rammed by the time I make it over from the end of LCD.

I'll be playing it by ear, but reckon checking out Toby Kaar in B&S might be the move

Thinking that myself,but some of the knowledge re music on this forum could turn up an unexpected gem. Then again i'll probably be so ahem happy i could watch anything:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Anyone familiar with "guest" tickets? Assume theyre complimentary. All they say is guest. Am told it has access to a different campsite, among other things, but unsure which one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

What's the difference between Le Galaxie and Le Galaxie Soundsystem? Is one a DJ set with completely different setlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Which stages are outdoors and which ones are in tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Seems they've missed Trailer Park on that Irish Times article or am I just blind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

OhHiMark wrote: »

The map is your friend!

Main stage, Bacardi and body and soul area...pretty sure everything else in tents

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Rfrip wrote: »
    The map is your friend!

Main stage, Bacardi and body and soul area...pretty sure everything else in tents

Trenchtown, salty dog and the former rave in the woods all outdoor too.
    From what I'm making of the various forecasts floating around, most of the rain will fall early Saturday.. between 6am and 1pm.. few showers in the afternoon and clearing in the evening. That is manageable. Might help people survive better as they may sleep off Friday a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have they released a timetable for the new rave in the woods? Don't remember seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Not a full one, but it starts every night at 10pm. Lee Kelly, Daire and Sonel, and Frank B on Friday, Cailin, Aeron and Rift B2B, and Nathan Jones on Saturday, and Gilbert Steele, Kenny Hanlon, and Sunday Times DJs on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

What will travel time be like on Friday can anyone tell me? We'll be coming from Dublin so just wondering if the back roads would be worth the hassle or if it'll be plain sailing on the motorway?
    Hoping to leave as early as possible but realistically 10 or 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What will travel time be like on Friday can anyone tell me? We'll be coming from Dublin so just wondering if the back roads would be worth the hassle or if it'll be plain sailing on the motorway?
    Hoping to leave as early as possible but realistically 10 or 11am.

Leaving any time before 3pm will be okay, as that's when it starts getting busy, and the M7 jams up just after Naas. Otherwise you'll be driving against the flow of rush hour, so no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Friday's the busiest day for me, Sunday the least hectic.

Three clashes so far:

SFA / Chems. I'll decide at the time.

The LCD / Avery debacle. Think I may forget about the latter altogether and go to Ninos Du Brasil instead. LCD to Avery looks too messy and I'll likely be a mess myself.

Animal Collective / Mick Pyro Blues. I used to like AC but haven't really enjoyed their last two albums, Painting With in particular. As you'd expect, their recent set lists are Painting With heavy so I'd mainly be going out of interest, to see how their stuff works live. I'd imagine Mick Pyro might be more enjoyable but I'll probably wait until the time to decide.

Anyone know when Mik Artistik's on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lennyantonelli

Any sign of one of those PDF timetable charts floating about yet?

Looks like the weather is going to be ****e. Wahey!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

OhHiMark wrote: »

really?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Anyone know when Mik Artistik's on?

8 o'clock on Saturday in Mindfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

These Charming Men doing The Queen is Dead on Friday evening in the Salty Dog will be a good way to start the weekend en-route to the main arena :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

peteeeed wrote: »
    really?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Anyone have any recent set lists for Daniel avery? None on setlist fm as far as I can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

These Charming Men doing The Queen is Dead on Friday evening in the Salty Dog will be a good way to start the weekend en-route to the main arena :)

Yep, was thinking the same. Don't think I'll make Booka Brass Band at 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement