Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

anyone onsite at the minute who can report on ground conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

One piece of advice for wet weather that may not have been mentioned yet.
    I learned from experience years ago to never camp under a tree if rain is expected. While the rest of the campsite sigh's in relief when it stops you'll be listening to water dripping for hours afterwards. It can drive you slowly mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

Hats off to the posters who suggest Lemeitre... Hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Could someone paste the Poetry and Slam timetable here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

One piece of advice for wet weather that may not have been mentioned yet.
    I learned from experience years ago to never camp under a tree if rain is expected.

I'd never camp under a tree anyway, it's used as a toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

its been roasting for the last week so i am sticking my neck out and predicting a dry and warm weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest GFS chart for Saturday 3pm looks bloody wet :(

EP_SAT1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Effects wrote: »
    I'd never camp under a tree anyway, it's used as a toilet.

That's what I was gonna say!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

On the positive side 06z GFS charts show Sunday night much better with little to no rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hi Guys,
    My friend(guy) is buying a ticket of a friend(girl) from work.
    Her name is on it, will he have any issues going in with it?

• Advertisement

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    My friend(guy) is buying a ticket of a friend(girl) from work.
    Her name is on it, will he have any issues going in with it?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Villain wrote: »
    Latest GFS chart for Saturday 3pm looks bloody wet :(

EP_SAT1.png

it's now stretched into Saturday night too :(

ukprec.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

:confused: Not the gate info though, unless I'm missing it there?

Gate 7 is beside the Gaa club?

Gates shown on this website on the downloadable map

http://www.transportforireland.ie/transport-information-electric-picnic-2016/

pdf map link below

https://6fbc941dc3601609010c-fefe0183ab5374c49be7718979d9b9c7.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TFI-Electric-Picnic-2016-Map.pdf

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

MJohnston wrote: »
    No

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Trying to remain positive wrt weather

Even if it rains all weekend, there really is nowhere else I'd rather be this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Villain wrote: »
    On the positive side 06z GFS charts show Sunday night much better with little to no rain!

Villain you are taking me on a roller coaster of feels with this weather roulette!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Rfrip wrote: »
    Trying to remain positive wrt weather

Even if it rains all weekend, there really is nowhere else I'd rather be this weekend

exactly! gonna make the most out of the drier parts of the weekend on Friday and Sunday and sure there's no amount of bad weather that a few more bevvies can't fix! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Glass Animals are so, so, so good. Similar to Alt-J.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

exactly! gonna make the most out of the drier parts of the weekend on Friday and Sunday and sure there's no amount of bad weather that a few more bevvies can't fix! ;)

throwing my tuppance in here...yes it will rain that is a guarantee as its lovely aul ireland we are in....but lads cmon...tis the only place to be this weekend..a little bit of rain will do us no harm

i have a vivid memory of oxygen a long time ago where it was torrential rain and i still remember smiling

bring black sacks bring wellies and a raincoat and lets go dancing and singing in the rain:):):)

Daft Punk, Marlay Park, nearly exactly 10 years ago. Absolutely poured out of the heavens for the entire gig, yet still one of the best experiences of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

That's what I'm thinking...if i drink enough i won't notice the rain!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zaza

Hi, just wondering if anyone has 2 spare seats for myself and a friend travelling from Dublin city centre to EP on Friday?! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Jambonjunior

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Could someone paste the Poetry and Slam timetable here please?
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/18276938.html
    Its listed under "The word" section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BOHtox wrote: »

Glass Animals are so, so, so good. Similar to Alt-J.

his voice really reminds me of the main singer in Wild Beasts.

throwing my tuppance in here...yes it will rain that is a guarantee as its lovely aul ireland we are in....but lads cmon...tis the only place to be this weekend..a little bit of rain will do us no harm

i have a vivid memory of oxygen a long time ago where it was torrential rain and i still remember smiling

bring black sacks bring wellies and a raincoat and lets go dancing and singing in the rain:):):)

**** wellies. I hate them - they are uncomfortable, usually cold, provide very little cushion for walking, and make your legs and feet sweat. Much prefer a pair of waterproof hiking boots myself - comfy, warm, and more lightweight. Plus you can reuse them again outside of a festival weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

MJohnston wrote: »
    **** wellies. I hate them - they are uncomfortable, usually cold, provide very little cushion for walking, and make your legs and feet sweat. Much prefer a pair of waterproof hiking boots myself - comfy, warm, and more lightweight. Plus you can reuse them again outside of a festival weekend!

I agree, but not much good now if you don't have them 'broke in'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Get out. 18.10 Friday, These Charming Men present the Queen is Dead. It's all coming up roses for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Zaza wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has 2 spare seats for myself and a friend travelling from Dublin to EP on Friday?! Thanks :)

Look on toutless and adverts

• Advertisement

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    I agree, but not much good now if you don't have them 'broke in'

I have two pairs of Merrell hiking boots. Expensive, but so very comfortable - I think the second pair took about 5 minutes to break in :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement