Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The EP campsite 'social' time table:

Friday:
    Meet and greet your new tent neighbours, maybe help with a bit of tent construction, sit with them have a few cans + craic. Go back and forth with banter about some random obscure facts, this is your chance to let out all the NSFW randomness that's been building for a year. Come to the conclusion that these guys are really sound, if you worked with them or had any daily dealings with them they'd probably be your mates. "Yep our tent and stuff is 100% ok around these people" there may even be some nice game'y chick... you're kinda thinking maybe suss it out later.

Saturday:
    Dying from Friday night! you arise from a booze fuelled coma open the tent zip, peak out, see you new tent buddies out + game'y chick. "what's the craic lads" "how did ya get one last night" "Major night" "Savage" "we didn't get in until about 5" "I'm fooking dying" "who did you go see last night" some ****e band that you've never heard of apparently put on the best show ever. Go for a piss and other than "hows it going now" that's probably the end of any real conversations with them for the weekend.
    You notice one of your neighbours siting on a green folding chair, and yours is missing. You ignore the fact there are thousands of identical chairs here this weekend or that you've probably just lost yours the suspicion builds from here.
    You arrive back to the tent at some point on sat to notice one of the neighbours is drinking a can of Carslberg!! "Same a me" you may convince yourself that there are a few cans missing that you couldn't possibly have drunk :)
    It's Sat night you back at the tent, split up from you mates, phones dead/no coverage. Make the best of the situation, only one thing on your mind, game'y chick!!! you sit outside on a borrowed folding chair that's turned up from nowhere, drunken waiting... waiting. It's a bit cooler than you were expecting so fook it bed time.

Sunday:
    You can't believe it's Sunday, nearly over but are still reasonably excited. It's likely you have walked 15KM at this stage, like a bear out of hibernation you need to eat and refuel, there's only so much tent Pringals and chocolate you can have, so Sunday is graze all day, day!. Instead of heading the usual route out of your tent you purposely go a different way to avoid your Friday buddies, the dark shades and funky festival hat makes you completely invisible, you wouldn't dare leave without them.
    Sunday night!! After all the acts, like after 2am in a club this is you last chance for game'y chick, you've bought a load of johnnies and are determined to use them!! but dam it you can tell they're already in their tents asleep, dammm it!! you're unwilling to accept that's it's almost over and force yourself to stay up boozing....... .........

Monday:
    Blaaaaaaaa...... the horror!! all the excitement, all the energy, build up...... it's all over. Everything you've been putting off until 'after the EP' is now back front and centre. The camp site is noticeable bare, you consider just leaving most of your gear tent etc. but experience kicks in, you realise it may need it again. You thought erecting the tent was hard, but fitting it back into the original bag...I must have the wrong bag! With beads of sweat on your forehead you lump stuff over your shoulder, knowing full well it's only going to stay in that position for ten steps, on the longest most unbearable walk of your life, but it's the best you can do. A sheepish wave to your old tent neighbours that's it........ its over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

declanleo wrote: »
    Look on toutless and adverts

Think they are looking for a lift ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Any sign of one of those PDF timetable charts floating about yet?

I have done up a timetable the same as the one I posted the last few years. One page per day. PDF in google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iJQR38HkYmMlBnb1hCci1aSm8

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

MJohnston wrote: »
    I have two pairs of Merrell hiking boots. Expensive, but so very comfortable - I think the second pair took about 5 minutes to break in :D

Oh - interesting!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

zuluchio wrote: »
    I have done up a timetable the same as the one I posted the last few years. One page per day. PDF in google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iJQR38HkYmMlBnb1hCci1aSm8

how dare you not have the stage i'm on :)

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    **** wellies. I hate them - they are uncomfortable, usually cold, provide very little cushion for walking, and make your legs and feet sweat. Much prefer a pair of waterproof hiking boots myself - comfy, warm, and more lightweight. Plus you can reuse them again outside of a festival weekend!

in times of rain double up on the socks and the booze intake and all is good

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

A Friday night of Nas, Jenny Greene and Orchestra, Chemical Brothers, Mothxr and Daft as Punk is an outrageously fun night

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

What exactly is that Jenny Green Orchestra thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

patrickb wrote: »

"DJ" with orchestra

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

I've been watching the weather all week and have gone through every sort of emotion. It always reminds me how bad it was in 09. At this stage Im just willing to accept what will come. As what people have said, the ground has got a good drying all week which should help the cause. The earlier the rain on Saturday the better. Going to get my skiing jacket going for that weather and hope the rest will be good. Can't wait for it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

"DJ" with orchestra
    Im curious about this too. Who is Jenny Greene? I dont normally listen to 2fm
    Not sure I like all this recent RTE/ Picnic uber bonhomie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah i wish Dylan Moran was on the Sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

room_149 wrote: »

I've only heard of Jenny Greene this week myself. Radio "DJ" as was rightfully put earlier. But should be a fun set mixing 90s dance songs with the orchestra. Insomnia, Belfast, Rhythm is a Dancer, Adagio for Strings all on the menu. Bit of a laugh I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

Fatfrog wrote:
    The EP campsite 'social' time table:

You drink Carlsberg!!! Your totally blanked from Fri to Sat.........Only messing!

Your story is one we have all lived and look forward to living once more this weekend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

She has a slot called the Electric Disco on 2FM on Saturday nights which is all 90's dance tunes.

http://2fm.rte.ie/2fm-shows/the-electric-disco-with-jenny-greene-2/

She also has an afternoon slot with your man from Westlife but we won't hold that against her.

GidCudi wrote: »
    I've only heard of Jenny Greene this week myself. Radio "DJ" as was rightfully put earlier. But should be a fun set mixing 90s dance songs with the orchestra. Insomnia, Belfast, Rhythm is a Dancer, Adagio for Strings all on the menu. Bit of a laugh I'd imagine
    Sounds naff!!
    I'd sooner they booked Jeff Mills with that Orchestra or this http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-hacienda-classical-castlefield-bowl-11559394
    Try not to be a music snob but jaysus, there seems to tons more novelty 'Oxygen' type ****e this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Sounds naff!!
    I'd sooner they booked Jeff Mills with that Orchestra or this http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-hacienda-classical-castlefield-bowl-11559394
    Try not to be a music snob but jaysus, there seems to tons more novelty 'Oxygen' type ****e this year

If you are in to your classic dance music its pretty good. The BBC proms version was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

patrickb wrote: »
    this, but kind of ****ter:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

If you are in to your classic dance music its pretty good. The BBC proms version was excellent.

Gonna have difficultly persuading people to Todd Terje instead of this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the only problem I have with all this rain forecasted is it watering down my already watered down pints :(

• Advertisement

its basically copying the hacienda classics night touring england at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

this, but kind of ****ter:

Does anyone really expect the EP piece to be even close to as good as this?

peteeeed wrote: »
    its basically copying the hacienda classics night touring england at the moment
    I might have only managed to have graced the Hacienda in its final days but can assure you that the likes of 'Rhythm is a Dancer' or 'Adagio for Strings' were never played there ;)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone ever had performer tickets before? Is it just a separate camping area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Does anyone really expect the EP piece to be even close to as good as this?

I think anyone that has never heard an orchestra before (and many haven't) are going to be blown away regardless!

I'm really late sifting through the lineup for gems this year, but I am really impressed with some of the home-grown intercultural pop, hip-hop and rap. The influence of collaboration with immigrant populations really paying off and producing great energy and edge.

I can't say the same for some of the home grown rock…a lot of 'bland' about.

xtal191 wrote: »
    I've had them the last 3 or so years but usually bring a campervan and set up shop out there

xtal191 wrote: »

yeah i have one, its on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Sorry about this, but do you need weekend camping tickets if you have PinkMoon just printout the order and it says to bring weekend camping tickets as well as the order confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Sorry about this, but do you need weekend camping tickets if you have PinkMoon just printout the order and it says to bring weekend camping tickets as well as the order confirmation?

your Electric Picnic ticket is your weekend camping ticket by default.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I presume they mean your weekend ticket for the festival, as opposed to just a Sunday ticket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement