Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

room_149 wrote: »
    I might have only managed to have graced the Hacienda in its final days but can assure you that the likes of 'Rhythm is a Dancer' or 'Adagio for Strings' were never played there ;)!!!

sorry i meant they are touring playing hacenida classics with an orchestra , this is copying the idea , not the tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Looking like All Tvvins might be the replacement for Whilk & Misky?

https://twitter.com/alltvvins/status/770968906282467330

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sorry about this, but do you need weekend camping tickets if you have PinkMoon just printout the order and it says to bring weekend camping tickets as well as the order confirmation?

Uh oh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did a mix again this year for anyone looking for some pre-Picnic listening, feel free to share around if you're into it :)

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/episode-31-packin-for-a-picnic-2016/

Great mix, cheers. Can't wait for Todd Terje. Missed him a couple of times in the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

frantic190 wrote: »

Tvvins were playing in Stephens Green shopping center at lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

I've had them the last 3 or so years but usually bring a campervan and set up shop out there
    peteeeed wrote: »
    yeah i have one, its on the map

Any other advantages having performer tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'd a feeling this year was going to be a wet one I don't know why I did but I did. Oh well it'll still be fun, ill just have to get even more fcuked than usual so I don't notice the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

xtal191 wrote: »
    Any other advantages having performer tickets?
    You should be able to get your booze in with you & hitch the odd lift into the main arena on the buggies, if you keep things nice with the security lads

You should be able to get your booze in with you & hitch the odd lift into the main arena on the buggies, if you keep things nice with the security lads

the VIP bars open later is about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

this, but kind of ****ter:

Does anyone really expect the EP piece to be even close to as good as this?
    If they're half as good as the Trinity orchestra are every year, ill be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

maximoose wrote: »
    Uh oh....

you trying to give me a stroke,

I have the 3 day festival ticket and the order confirmation from pinkmoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm bringing just rain appropriate clothing and if it's sunny out, I'm gonna go around bollock naked.

You've been warned.

rocks1981 wrote: »

And?
    Great band, seen them twice and they've a great power behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

you trying to give me a stroke,

I have the 3 day festival ticket and the order confirmation from pinkmoon.

good to go so.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

BadTurtle wrote: »
    rocks1981 wrote: »

And?
    Great band, seen them twice and they've a great power behind them.
    and.... If id heard the rumor i would have asked them :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sounds naff!!
    I'd sooner they booked Jeff Mills with that Orchestra or this http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-hacienda-classical-castlefield-bowl-11559394
    Try not to be a music snob but jaysus, there seems to tons more novelty 'Oxygen' type ****e this year

Jeff Mills is playing the Grand Canal in a couple of weeks. Sold out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Can anyone recommend any good previews from newspapers/blogs with tips on some of the lesser known acts that are worth checking out?

sadie06 wrote: »
    I presume they mean your weekend ticket for the festival, as opposed to just a Sunday ticket.

Yeah Sadie,

For a while I thought I had to have a camping ticket as well as the pinkmoon payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Does anyone really expect the EP piece to be even close to as good as this?
    Why wouldn't it be? The RTE concert orchestra are very accomplished and always put on an amazing show! I'm gutted with the clash with Todd Terje :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

AdMMM wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it be? The RTE concert orchestra are very accomplished and always put on an amazing show! I'm gutted with the clash with Todd Terje :(

Well for one, the Heritage Orchestra from the BBC Proms thing has a long history of this kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen RTE Concert Orchestra a good few times and was never disappointed.

I guess I am just a cynic and don't want to build up expectations only to be dashed. Probably it will be top notch :) .. I certainly hope so .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Because the BBC one had Pete Tong (an actual DJ), Jules Buckley (a composer), a throng of electronic musicians and the orchestra. Not doubting the talent of the RTE orchestra, but Jenny Greene is meh

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

the VIP bars open later is about it
    I never bother with the bars- much happier freely bringing my own booze into the arena and not having to spend a penny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Right lads, need a steer in the right direction. Long time Picnicer and bought a 6-man tent last year, although it feckin killed me getting it into the campsite after the trolley I bought disintegrated.

Anyone know where I could get a good solid metal one, preferably one with the larger wheels. Actually, anything , my back wont put up with any messing this year......

PS CANT BLEEDIN WAIT !!! :)

Right lads, need a steer in the right direction. Long time Picnicer and bought a 6-man tent last year, although it feckin killed me getting it into the campsite after the trolley I bought disintegrated.

Anyone know where I could get a good solid metal one, preferably one with the larger wheels. Actually, anything , my back wont put up with any messing this year......

PS CANT BLEEDIN WAIT !!! :)

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&langId=111&q=TROLLEY&c_1=1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152&pp=20&c_2=2|cat_14419152|Camping+and+caravanning|14419397

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

humming Frankly Mr shankly all morning at work
    looking forward to These Charming Men as my starting point.
    Leaving Dublin at 1pm friday - did the same last year and it took forever to get there.
    Traffic was backed up just after Rathcoole so went cross country with no plan - some feckin village had an hour tailback all due to a red light in middle of village and no cop to wave people on....:angry:
    - abondonded all the gear in the car when we got there and ran in while drinking about 3 cans to get to see Ride at 7
    Might plan a shneaaakier route down to get at least close to stradbally before tailing back this time.
    F*ck all this weather stuff. Plenty of big tents on site to visit to dry off. Keep spare stuff dry in black sacks or the boot of your car.

Anyone spot good deals for slabs this week ?

Lild were selling some last week for around 45, surely someone on here bought one

Well for one, the Heritage Orchestra from the BBC Proms thing has a long history of this kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen RTE Concert Orchestra a good few times and was never disappointed.

I guess I am just a cynic and don't want to build up expectations only to be dashed. Probably it will be top notch :) .. I certainly hope so .
    Weepsie wrote: »

Because the BBC one had Pete Tong (an actual DJ), Jules Buckley (a composer), a throng of electronic musicians and the orchestra. Not doubting the talent of the RTE orchestra, but Jenny Greene is meh
    All she'll be doing is pressing play on the songs I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

wheels too small
    i use a fishing trolley which is very similar but has larger pnuematic wheels
    works a treat, you could try a fishing shop, i cant guarantee
    what they'll have in stock though,
    a fishing barrow would be even better, it wont topple if you pile it high

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

BadTurtle wrote:
    All she'll be doing is pressing play on the songs I presume.

With a bit of luck, will be good craic id say. Cant beat 90s dance classics with good crowd in a tent in a field full of happy pills.
    And an option of Todd T if it turns out to be rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sorry about this, but do you need weekend camping tickets if you have PinkMoon just printout the order and it says to bring weekend camping tickets as well as the order confirmation?

YES, they are two totally seperate things.

Your EP ticket gets you through the main door, your Pink Moon order gets you comfy camping. All EP tickets (except sunday day tickets) are camping tickets but they are not Pink Moon camping tickets.

time to print out me pink moon thingy actually and stick it in the car, i will forget otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement