Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mrk75 wrote: »
    My understanding was that all tickets are family tickets in that they allow you to bring in one child for free under each ticket.

I don't think there was ever a separate family ticket.

There is a distinct family ticket for the family camping area, you cannot camp in this area without a child.

Pretty sure they sold out early on as the numbers are pretty constrained.

You would not want to be camping in the normal mogadishu sites with a child unless you were ****ing nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

There are 2 'Family Campsites' that you need Family Campsite tickets to access. A Family Campsite ticket permits access for 1 Adult & 2 Children.

I'd imagine they sold out almost immediately.

I'd keep an eye on Toutless.com if you're looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Family Campsite tickets sold out within 2 weeks if not earlier. They always sell out really fast.

There used to be just one campsite but over the last few years they've added another one due to demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Thanks all - ok, so my understanding was a little off. So I could get a normal adult ticket, and this allows me to bring a child along.

I'll ask another question - are single day tickets for any of the days all gone too? Doesn't really matter which day as it'll be for the atmosphere we'd be going along for.

What are peoples thoughts on bringing children to this - do they get a lot out of it? My children are aged 6 and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Thanks all - ok, so my understanding was a little off. So I could get a normal adult ticket, and this allows me to bring a child along.

I'll ask another question - are single day tickets for any of the days all gone too? Doesn't really matter which day as it'll be for the atmosphere we'd be going along for.

What are peoples thoughts on bringing children to this - do they get a lot out of it? My children are aged 6 and 4

No you'll need a family camping ticket to bring in kids with you, and the only day tickets available are for Sunday. As far as i understand it you can't bring the kids in with you with the Sunday tickets.

There are always loads of kids about during the day and lots to keep them entertained with if you do end up bringing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

No you'll need a family camping ticket to bring in kids with you, and the only day tickets available are for Sunday. As far as i understand it you can't bring the kids in with you with the Sunday tickets.

There are always loads of kids about during the day and lots to keep them entertained with if you do end up bringing them.

I think all kids under 12 are free when accompanied by an adult. No need for a family camping ticket as such but you'd really want to have one otherwise you're going to be in the general camping area:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/tickets

Should be plenty for the kids. if the Soul Kids area is anything like the one in Body and Soul last year, it'll be great for kids all ages. Our 3 year old had a great time - face-painting, bubbles, discos, puppet shows - really good.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/family-info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

You can bring two children 12 or under in on any ticket, but can only camp in the family camping areas if you have a specific family ticket. Unfortunately these sold out long ago.

As stated above, you would be crazy to camp in the general camping areas with young children. I have met couples who missed out on the family ticket who have gone for the weekend themselves, but only brought their children in for the Saturday perhaps. They meet a relative in the town late in the evening to hand them over. That way they get the experience safely.

As regards the age of your children, I personally feel they are at an awkward age. Those young enough to be wheeled around and those old enough to have a bit more stamina are best suited to the experience. The site is big!

There is lots to do for children between the designated Soul Kids area, Mindfield and the circus, but make sure you invest in ear protectors especially if you plan to enter any of the tents.

Snarky Snark Snark

If you missed on the Family camp sites, an option could be the posh camping areas/yurts/pod pads, not ideal but a whole lot safer though they may have restrictions on them for age and your neighbours may not appreciate finding themselves pissed as farts/high as kites in a kiddies playground when they signed up for (and paid for) a grown ups playground.

As before, anyone thinking of staying in the normal camp sites with young kids would be ****ing nuts.

the **** word there beings with f and rhymes with duck, just to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Foals
    LCD
    New Order

Please and thanks EP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's the Eco campsite or the back of the Joplin campsite which is fairly empty which would be fine to have kids camping if you can't get a family ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Would anyone know if the podpads and octopads will be in Pink Moon again? We might book these this year but want to make sure they will be in the pink moon campsite.

Snarky Snark Snark

andreac wrote: »
    Would anyone know if the podpads and octopads will be in Pink Moon again? We might book these this year but want to make sure they will be in the pink moon campsite.

Probably best to e-mail them?

Probably best to e-mail them?

Yeah think I will. Just to be sure. Pink moon is too good to pass up. I have to stay there again. We are looking at the bellepads for this year. Only 610 for 4 people which is roughly the same price per person for the rainbow tipi. Plus with the bellepads they give you camp beds. So less things to carry in :D

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah think I will. Just to be sure. Pink moon is too good to pass up. I have to stay there again. We are looking at the bellepads for this year. Only 610 for 4 people which is roughly the same price per person for the rainbow tipi. Plus with the bellepads they give you camp beds. So less things to carry in :D

camp bed?

what's wrong with the cold hard bumpy damp earth?

Nothin! Nothins wrong with it

uppity camp beds

camp bed?

what's wrong with the cold hard bumpy damp earth?

Nothin! Nothins wrong with it

uppity camp beds

It's those little extras that make it all the more comfy. We brought those beds with us last year in the rainbow tipis and we were delighted. We got great sleeps.

So i messaged Podpads on facebook and yes, Podpads & Bellepads etc will be in Pink Moon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Just got a text saying my payment didn't go through. I was sure it was gone from my account weeks ago. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh broke for two weeks i hope they don't send me packing when i ring them.

Snarky Snark Snark

So i messaged Podpads on facebook and yes, Podpads & Bellepads etc will be in Pink Moon again.

hmmm, best make sure i get there earlier this year, maaaahoooosive queue to get into the site was not fun last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cantaloupe

Gorillaz, Faithless, LCD Soundsystem and Disclosure would be delish!

And Fleetwood Mac for that legacy type act as said before would be unreal, saw them in 3 arena during the summer and did not disappoint! They were unbelievable.

Snarky Snark Snark

<Insert unpopular opinion here>

i wouldn't mind coldplay

</Insert unpopular opinion here>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cantaloupe

i wouldn't mind coldplay

I'd rather Coldplay than Kodaline..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

i wouldn't mind coldplay

If Coldplay did a Gorillaz and used a cartoon version of Chris Martin rather than the actual Chris Martin, I wouldn't mind them either! :D

hmmm, best make sure i get there earlier this year, maaaahoooosive queue to get into the site was not fun last year.

We got there around 1.30 i think last year and strolled right up to the counter at Pink Moon, happy days!! But think if we book Bellepads we might leave earlier as the Podpads one was much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Cantaloupe wrote: »
    Gorillaz, Faithless, LCD Soundsystem and Disclosure would be delish!

And Fleetwood Mac for that legacy type act as said before would be unreal, saw them in 3 arena during the summer and did not disappoint! They were unbelievable.

I agree wholeheartedly...Gorillaz and the Mac would be enough for me, do enjoy Disclosure too though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Cantaloupe wrote: »
    I'd rather Coldplay than Kodaline..

I love how that's a common theme in the thread now.
    I don't necessarily want X but they'd be better than The 1975 or Kodaline

Snarky Snark Snark

BOHtox wrote: »
    I love how that's a common theme in the thread now.
    I don't necessarily want X but they'd be better than The 1975 or Kodaline

I've never heard a kodaline or 1975 song, are they that bad or is it just music snobbery?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've never heard a kodaline or 1975 song, are they that bad or is it just music snobbery?

1975 are pretty shîte... but kinda fun live IMO. A guilty pleasure highlight for me at EP two years ago.

Kodaline are pretty shîte... that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I quite like a few of the 1975s songs. Kodaline not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Once you heard one of each you heard 'em all. Both pull big crowds so obviously have a big fan base but so did Bieber pre Purpose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Strokes announced their first date of 2016 over in America in June. Would love to see them finally play a gig over since, pretty sure the last time was Oxegen 2011?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement