Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

AdMMM wrote: »
    Does anyone really expect the EP piece to be even close to as good as this?
    Why wouldn't it be? The RTE concert orchestra are very accomplished and always put on an amazing show! I'm gutted with the clash with Todd Terje :(

Agreed RTE are quality, they can pick from the best musicians in the country.

I don't get why Jenny Greene is involved, if anything it's taking away from the orchestra! But I suppose it does give a precursor to the type of music we can expect.

Jenny Greene has been at the picnic for something like 8 years with 2FM but only ventured outside of the main arena to the salty dog for the first time last year by her own admission. I mean like c'mon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Really looking forward to checking out Mothxr

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Did a mix again this year for anyone looking for some pre-Picnic listening, feel free to share around if you're into it :)

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/episode-31-packin-for-a-picnic-2016/

Forgot tracklist!

There'll be a download link later on too on there for anyone wanting it for the car or whatever

Toots & The Maytals - 54-46 (That's My Number) 7"
    Nas - No Ideas
    Krafty Kuts & Dr. Luke - Come Alive
    Mr. Scruff & Alice Russell - Music Takes Me Up
    Tamiko Jones - Let It Flow (Horse Meat Disco)
    Get Down Edits - Hang On
    Get Down Edits - Too Much
    John Talabot - Sunshine (Original Mix)
    Mr. Scruff - We Are Coming (Max Graef Remix)
    Colm K - Good Fridays
    New Jackson - Player Piano
    Roots Manuva - Dreamy Days (Super Furry Animals Dub)
    LCD Soundsystem - Too Much Love
    Todd Terje - Swing Star Pt 2
    LCD Soundsystem - Disco Infiltrator
    Hercules & Love Affair - Blind (Frankie Knuckles Vocal)
    Mr Scruff - Get A Move On

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

wheels too small
    i use a fishing trolley which is very similar but has larger pnuematic wheels
    works a treat, you could try a fishing shop, i cant guarantee
    what they'll have in stock though,
    a fishing barrow would be even better, it wont topple if you pile it high

Just on the trolleys - you need one with thick inflatable tyres

Those hard rubber wheel ones are useless and can't handle a lot of weight and churn up muck/grass in the wheels and seize up and fall off and you end up having a barney with your girlfriend 'cos she 'has a sore back' and can't carry anything and it's pissing rain and you still have one more load to go back the car for and you won't have it leaving the campsite on Monday morning when you're silently evaluating your relationship as you struggle back to ordinary life again

Anyway, something like this

http://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-upright-hand-truck-max-weight-200kg/312036_BQ.prd?icamp=recs

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Really looking forward to Jenny Greene and the Orchestra..

Anyway, for those of you who may be interested, there are female urinals in Dealz for €1.49. Honestly thought those were a myth but clearly I've lived a very sheltered life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

I didn't have a problem with maplins foldable one in 2015. Though i was only using it to carry 48 cans, a bag and a chair. Bringing it again this year, so hopefully no issues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Just on the trolleys - you need one with thick inflatable tyres

Those hard rubber wheel ones are useless and can't handle a lot of weight and churn up muck/grass in the wheels and seize up and fall off and you end up having a barney with your girlfriend 'cos she 'has a sore back' and can't carry anything and it's pissing rain and you still have one more load to go back the car for and you won't have it leaving the campsite on Monday morning when you're silently evaluating your relationship as you struggle back to ordinary life again

Are ye still together? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Who has the sneaky ways of getting cans past security :) my go to Pringles can didn't fare well last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

GidCudi wrote: »
    Who has the sneaky ways of getting cans past security :) my go to Pringles can didn't fare well last year!

always put them in around the waist line of my shorts tie a hoody around then and well cause iv big boobs wave them in their face whilst always trying to finish one can in front of them and low and behold im in like flynn with about six cans :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Anyone find any good deals on drink around for it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Lild were selling some last week for around 45, surely someone on here bought one

Tesco are doing 12 packs of Carlsberg for €17 euro. Two of them is in and around the cheapest you'll find I reckon, save for going for super cheap p**s.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Simply enter wearing a blatant can of beer costume, cunningly filled with actual cans of beer gaffer-taped to the inside of costume. Downside is it limits your dance moves once you get inside.

70890754-64bd-46ea-8779-db455be5f6fc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

put one in each welly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That Argos trolley is actually alright, add a couple of bungee cords from Dealz and it does the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any good previews from newspapers/blogs with tips on some of the lesser known acts that are worth checking out?

I know them all. What are you looking for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Anyone find any good deals on drink around for it? :)

8 karlskrone for 6.49 in aldi. Can't comment in how it tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Anyone find any good deals on drink around for it?

Canadian 24 for 24 in Tesco. It's not a bad beer atall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

alastair wrote: »
    Simply enter wearing a blatant can of beer costume, cunningly filled with actual cans of beer gaffer-taped to the inside of costume. Downside is it limits your dance moves once you get inside.

70890754-64bd-46ea-8779-db455be5f6fc.jpg

Be careful wearing that costume, you might end up on "White Trash in Trouble"!

Is anyone else completely disorganised, not packed and has to work today and tomorrow?

Sitting at my desk (neither use nor ornament), reading all your plans and am starting to stress a bit..

I have my ticket.
    I have camping gear in the attic.
    I have a husband to get into the attic.
    I borrowed a waterproof, fleece lined regatta jacket of my friend last night.
    I'll be passing Tesco/ an off license on the way to Stradbally.
    I've downloaded the app and checked a few acts I want to see.

be grand, right?

• Advertisement

Is anyone else completely disorganised, not packed and has to work today and tomorrow?

Sitting at my desk (neither use nor ornament), reading all your plans and am starting to stress a bit..

I have my ticket.

be grand, right?
    sure whats the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I have my ticket.

be grand, right?

YEP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I have my ticket.

be grand, right?

be grand always. I don't think I've ever not packed for a festival the night before. It doesn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

I have my ticket.

be grand, right?

I think you might be me only I dont have a waterproof, fleece lined regatta Jacket!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

rocks1981 wrote: »

Chemical Brothers Acoustic Set.

Chemical Brothers Acoustic Set.
    :D

I'll be naked, dirty, hungry and drunk in a field in Stradbally for 3 days?.

I havent even had time to buy my Indian feather head dress FFS!! <coddin

I think I really may get my arse in gear tonight.
    This is shocking - but I didnt fully unpack from last year yet so I'm assuming (hoping!) the majority of **** I need is still in my EP bag. I knew being a lazy bastard would do me well one day..

I think you might be me only I dont have a waterproof, fleece lined regatta Jacket!!!!

Thats actually made me feel quite smug about how great I am now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'd really love to see Jenny green etc, think it would be really cool, if she was on in the afternoon brilliant but clashing with Todd she can forget it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭greg090

im bringing vodka into campsite, whats my limit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement