Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just keep it in plastic and you'll be fine.

Don't think I've ever seen limits enforced at any festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

greg090 wrote: »
    im bringing vodka into campsite, whats my limit?

when you start trying to dry hump the tent pole, that's probably it right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

Thats actually made me feel quite smug about how great I am now!! :)

Ha! Im a first timer though, im pleading ignorance!!!!

Actually, as someone who can be a bit precious, I actually think its a coping mechanism that im so disorganised!! Please tell me ill be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Ha! Im a first timer though, im pleading ignorance!!!!

Actually, as someone who can be a bit precious, I actually think its a coping mechanism that im so disorganised!! Please tell me ill be grand!

I wont lie - if you're a first timer, maybe scan through a list and check things off. I had a lot of bits and pieces I needed to get my first time round. (torches/ batteries/ camping equipment etc). I'm presuming I'll be grand as I have a lot of stuff lying around the house - just need to pack it.
    I'd hate you to land there and have forgotten something really important - do you have a list?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

sadie06 wrote: »
    but I am really impressed with some of the home-grown .... hip-hop and rap.

anyone you'd recommend??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Chemical Brothers Acoustic Set.

Utah Saints acoustic set (for all the Gen X'ers on here!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

I wont lie - if you're a first timer, maybe scan through a list and check things off. I had a lot of bits and pieces I needed to get my first time round. (torches/ batteries/ camping equipment etc). I'm presuming I'll be grand as I have a lot of stuff lying around the house - just need to pack it.
    I'd hate you to land there and have forgotten something really important - do you have a list?

I have a husband with a list! We're in Pink Moon so no need to bring or pitch a tent. I think we have the boring necessities, im thinking more along the lines of things that will make 3 days in a field a bit more pleasant?.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

I'll be naked, dirty, hungry and drunk in a field in Stradbally for 3 days?.

I havent even had time to buy my Indian feather head dress FFS!! <coddin

I think I really may get my arse in gear tonight.
    This is shocking - but I didnt fully unpack from last year yet so I'm assuming (hoping!) the majority of **** I need is still in my EP bag. I knew being a lazy bastard would do me well one day..

im laughing at this cause i just got my backpack out of the back of the press under the stairs and i found a hape of stuff in it and two cans of Heineken

Snarky Snark Snark

im laughing at this cause i just got my backpack out of the back of the press under the stairs and i found a hape of stuff in it and two cans of Heineken

check the date and if ok, back into the fridge with them.

be grand.

Ive found my people!

• Advertisement

I have a husband with a list! We're in Pink Moon so no need to bring or pitch a tent. I think we have the boring necessities, im thinking more along the lines of things that will make 3 days in a field a bit more pleasant?.

ah! if you're in Pink Moon and have a husband with a list, then you're grand.

Bring ear plugs! I thanked the person who advised me of this a billion times over in my head last year.

My 83 year old grandmother has just rang me to tell me to make sure I eat plenty over the weekend and not to be taking any of those drug things.

I'm crying.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Just looking at noely g last few set list he seems to have 2 different ones used regularly one has a lot more oasis in it I wonder which we will get

Snarky Snark Snark

srm23 wrote: »
    Just looking at noely g last few set list he seems to have 2 different ones used regularly one has a lot more oasis in it I wonder which we will get

XaSnjb2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My 83 year old grandmother has just rang me to tell me to make sure I eat plenty over the weekend and not to be taking any of those drug things.

My heart skipped a beat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

ya gotta love the grannys....my mother always says you only live out the road so dont be making a show of yourself i dont want to to be reading about you on the Leinster Express (our local paper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Does anyone know if LCD play the Crass or Pretentious version of Yeah live? I'd prefer the crass one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Does anyone know if LCD play the Crass or Pretentious version of Yeah live? I'd prefer the crass one.
    Crass version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Just went and picked up a Patagonia Torrentshell (voted Best Everyday Rain Jacket, did my research), and a waterproof fleece onesie for the baby. So the rain can bring it on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I expect to be outside the event tomorrow in car park so I'll report on the conditions along with an updated forecast and if you want to hear my "savage" Carlow accent I'll hopefully be going live on Facebook from inside the event about 10:30 Friday morning with another update on the forecast, https://www.facebook.com/CarlowWeather/ is the page I will hopefully be going live on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Villain wrote: »
    I expect to be outside the event tomorrow in car park so I'll report on the conditions along with an updated forecast and if you want to hear my "savage" Carlow accent I'll hopefully be going live on Facebook from inside the event about 10:30 Friday morning with another update on the forecast, https://www.facebook.com/CarlowWeather/ is the page I will hopefully be going live on :D
    Savage Lad

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Roscoe P Coltrane

Sitting outside the gate in stradbally right now, waiting for my pass. Cant wait to get parked up & crack that first can! Should be able to track down bodhrandude this evening and see what the site is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Stillill42

paulieeye wrote: »
    sadie06 wrote: »
    but I am really impressed with some of the home-grown .... hip-hop and rap.

anyone you'd recommend??
    Hare Squead.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

MJohnston wrote: »
    Just went and picked up a Patagonia Torrentshell (voted Best Everyday Rain Jacket, did my research), and a waterproof fleece onesie for the baby. So the rain can bring it on :D

Picked up 'Best Buy for sweat retention', Regatta Bin Bag in one of those camping shops on Mary St for €15 the other day 😀 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The pile has started in the kitchen. Housemates (none of whom are going to EP) aren't impressed, the wellies and the rucksack still have Glastonbury mud on them. Getting excited now, fcuk the weather I don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

MJohnston wrote: »
    Daft Punk, Marlay Park, nearly exactly 10 years ago. Absolutely poured out of the heavens for the entire gig, yet still one of the best experiences of my life.

Really? I don't really have any memory of the rain at that gig. I was able to get into the pit so got to enjoy the whole thing up close and in comfort! Incredible gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭barry181091

Where does one buy wellies and a camping chair right now in Dublin? Would Pennys have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Where does one buy wellies and a camping chair right now in Dublin? Would Pennys have them?

Pennys in Dundrum have no wellies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I know this is all general discussion and answering questions and being helpful, but i just felt i should put it out there that im wildly excited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement