Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Where does one buy wellies and a camping chair right now in Dublin? Would Pennys have them?

wellies, i have no idea. Try argos/halfords (halfords had some decent ones) for the chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

MJohnston wrote: »
    Just went and picked up a Patagonia Torrentshell (voted Best Everyday Rain Jacket, did my research).

Don't forget waterproof trousers to match or else the run off from the jacket will soak your legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Crass version :)

Wish they'd play Disco Infiltrator. Cracking song, seems to be very unpopular with James himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

wellies, i have no idea. Try argos/halfords (halfords had some decent ones) for the chairs.

Halford in Carrickmines had no chairs left either actually, I was there at lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

it has gone from hurricanes to cloudy fri, raining sat and sunny on sunday.
    odds of no rain at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

srm23 wrote: »
    it has gone from hurricanes to cloudy fri, raining sat and sunny on sunday.
    odds of no rain at all?

Slim to none I'd say.

All forecasts I've seen have heavy rainfall, usually in two blocks: Saturday morning and Sunday night.

If I'm followed some stories on this correctly, these are the remnants of Hurricane Gaston - not an actual hurricane or anything, but heavy rainfall. Also it's relatively difficult to predict so we could be lucky and get less, or unlucky and get more.

I'm definitely bringing the waterproof trousers... and expecting to wear them (sigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Where does one buy wellies and a camping chair right now in Dublin? Would Pennys have them?
    Try mountain warehouse in blanch. They have boots and chairs and walking shoes etc. Maybe Call first

Slim to none I'd say.

All forecasts I've seen have heavy rainfall, usually in two blocks: Saturday morning and Sunday night.

I'm definitely bringing the waterproof trousers... and expecting to wear them (sigh)

It's warm enough for shorts. Just get your legs wet. You'll be sweating in waterproofs during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Think they are looking for a lift ;)

Oh ffs,read that completely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Wish they'd play Disco Infiltrator. Cracking song, seems to be very unpopular with James himself.

i wish they'd change up the setlist a bit. the same fcuking setlist all summer! they've so many good songs.

i sold my tickets weeks ago but still confident of picking up one for circa €130. same every year!

i still think there's a chance of no rain at all. washouts have been predicted before and it was lovely. 2013 springs to mind. this country's weather is just too unpredicatble

optimism people!

• Advertisement

Just on the trolleys - you need one with thick inflatable tyres

Those hard rubber wheel ones are useless and can't handle a lot of weight and churn up muck/grass in the wheels and seize up and fall off and you end up having a barney with your girlfriend 'cos she 'has a sore back' and can't carry anything and it's pissing rain and you still have one more load to go back the car for and you won't have it leaving the campsite on Monday morning when you're silently evaluating your relationship as you struggle back to ordinary life again

Anyway, something like this

http://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-upright-hand-truck-max-weight-200kg/312036_BQ.prd?icamp=recs

Can't recommend these enough. I have been using one for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Slim to none I'd say.

If I'm followed some stories on this correctly, these are the remnants of Hurricane Gaston - not an actual hurricane or anything, but heavy rainfall. Also it's relatively difficult to predict so we could be lucky and get less, or unlucky and get more.

No the remnants of Hurricane Gaston will be no where near Ireland at the weekend

395817.gif

There is another low system which will bring rain Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Effects wrote: »
    MJohnston wrote: »
    Just went and picked up a Patagonia Torrentshell (voted Best Everyday Rain Jacket, did my research).

Don't forget waterproof trousers to match or else the run off from the jacket will soak your legs.

I actually do have a pair of those that I'll bring (campervan means you can pack everything) but really I'm not planning on being out in the rain for too long - I'd be okay with it myself, but I'll have a 10 week old baby in a carrier on my chest, and he won't enjoy it much!

try on line argos halfords home store and more. best bet for wellies is abuilders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

All Tvvins confirmed they have replaced Whilk & Misky closing out Body & Soul Friday.

Tim Burgess in the literary tent.....other voices anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

declanleo wrote: »

Could join the Chemical Brothers acoustic set with Noely G too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Tesco Finglas had loads of chairs at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Tesco Finglas had loads of chairs at the weekend.
    Any excuse to post this: https://youtu.be/mHw3nbb6VEA

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I just listened to the lcd soundsystem live album on Spotify and am unbelievably excited. Roll on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

When is that ?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Where exactly is the VIP campsite, I was always under the impression there wasn't one as such? (not talking about the glamping ones)

Where did you hear about a vip campsite? There's one below boutique for performers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Where exactly is the VIP campsite, I was always under the impression there wasn't one as such? (not talking about the glamping ones)

There's guest and performer campsite not VIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

That's what I thought too. Our passes we got through work come with "VIP camping" but i've never heard of that. Must be guest camping. Do you know where that is?[/quote

You pass it on the right as you go into the entrance to boutique camping

That's what I thought too. Our passes we got through work come with "VIP camping" but i've never heard of that. Must be guest camping. Do you know where that is?

below boutique.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

That's what I thought too. Our passes we got through work come with "VIP camping" but i've never heard of that. Must be guest camping. Do you know where that is?

It's through the boutique camping, other end of the same field basically. Or at least it used to be.

Performers campsite is separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

He put out a book recently, probably taking about that.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tim-Book-Two-Adventures-Francisco/dp/0571314732

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Tangled wrote: »
    It's through the boutique camping, other end of the same field basically. Or at least it used to be.

Performers campsite is separate.

Its basically the same field, we pitched tent next to the Tipi tents last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lots of talk of Wellies, don't forget a warm hat it's where your going to loose most of you heat at night wandering around and in the tent. Pack a good beenie hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Speaking of hats - If anyone has seen my Super Mario mushroom hat from last year, I'd really appreciate its safe return.

Last seen running away from me atop some scrotebag's head outside that poxy Cocktail place. Still devastated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement