Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Guest and performer camping are different yes. I'm in performer site this year, which comes with the 'luxuries' of no showers, no food stalls, nawthin. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

RTE forecast there quite decent!

good chance of seeing my arse then so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Halford in Carrickmines had no chairs left either actually, I was there at lunchtime

Theres a camping shop in Crumlin that have chairs

http://www.omearacamping.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

everlast75 wrote: »

Yr.no also looking positive!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

I'm not gonna lie, I'm damned excited.

So excited I gave myself a dose of the runs...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Weather not looking as good, not as many of my friends going and I've seen better lineups.. but this is the most excited I think I've ever been for the Picnic. Not been to as many festivals this Summer might be the reason but I can't feckin wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

Where does one buy wellies and a camping chair right now in Dublin? Would Pennys have them?

Dunnes in Sandyford had loads of chairs and wellies yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

everlast75 wrote: »

Met.ie now saying rain for Sat morning and Sunday after dark.

I can work around that I think with Sleep, breakfast, beer in Camper on Sat and Phosporanet on Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Threw together a spreadsheet this afternoon of the Electric Picnic 2016 Stage Times so I could sort all the acts by time since all the lineups I'd seen before were sorted by stage. Said I might as well throw it up here if it helps anyone! It's by no means complete or guaranteed correct so double check before making plans!

Electric Picnic 2016 Stage Times

Here if you want to edit the source data, and I'll update when I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

xtal191 wrote: »
    Theres a camping shop in Crumlin that have chairs

http://www.omearacamping.com/

camping shops on capel and mary st

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

TheChizler wrote:
    Threw together a spreadsheet this afternoon so I could sort all the acts by time since all the lineups I'd seen before were sorted by stage. Said I might as well throw it up here if it helps anyone!

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The ECM charts that Met Eireann primarily use at this range has downgraded the rain for Saturday a little but as their text forecast says it's uncertain as that's the human experience in there looking at all the info.

The GFS has stayed pretty much the same up to 15mm of rainfall Saturay during daylight hours.

Friday has just odd shower and Sunday is looking same at present.

I'll have a forecast from overnight weather models tomorrow morning along with an update from the site car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Villain wrote:
    The GFS has stayed pretty much the same up to 15mm of rainfall Saturay during daylight hours.

What would 15mm of rain equate to? 2-3 hours of heavy rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

SmallBalls wrote: »
    What would 15mm of rain equate to? 2-3 hours of heavy rain?

More like 5 to 6 hours of consistent rain with some heavy bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

stupid qs probably.....how vital are wellies do we think? so clunky :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dashdoll wrote: »
    stupid qs probably.....how vital are wellies do we think? so clunky :-(

I woudn't bother unless it looks like a complete wash out...bring 2 pairs and some socks..plenty of places to stay dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would definitely bring wellies based on the predicted amount of rain this weekend. Hopefully the main arena won't cut up too bad but areas going into the campsites and stages like the Salty Dog and the rave in the woods are sure to cut up pretty bad if we're going to have around 20mm of rain this weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I woudn't bother unless it looks like a complete wash out...bring 2 pairs and some socks..

really dya think......wobearing if rain next few days would mean the ground will be wrecked. I just find wellies so uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

lot of tickets starting to pop up for sale now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I would definitely bring wellies based on the predicted amount of rain this weekend. Hopefully the main arena won't cut up too bad but areas going into the campsites and stages like the Salty Dog and the rave in the woods are sure to cut up pretty bad if we're going to have around 20mm of rain this weekend..

You won't have any feet left to worry about getting wet if you go raving in wellies Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Bowlardo wrote: »
    lot of tickets starting to pop up for sale now

back on sale on ticketmaster as well. now just try to convince people that they'll have to lose money on their ticket! i guarantee there'll be well into the 100s of tickets going to complete waste this weekend from people too stubborn to take a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the kind of people who want to get rid of tickets because there aren't enough mainstream bands playing, or because of a bit of rain forecasted, are the exact type of people I'm happy WON'T be there this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I started to write down everything I wanted to see until I realised when you favourite an act on the Electric Picnic App you get a personalised list by times. Fecking deadly :D

Course I'm gonna miss half the things I want to see like always, but I'm sooooo excited. I'm here listening to an EP playlist on Spotify :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dunnes stores in stephens green today still had wellies, chairs, (kinda crappy but anyways) sleeping bags and mats etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Not going and I'm not gonna troll this thread about how I hate this, that or anything else about what EP has become... but I'm bloody jealous about not seeing Pantha Du Prince ('Presents 'The Triad') live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2EurT5gOdk

Enjoy folks and keep safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

15mm of rain is a lot! I do a lot of whitewater kayaking so I spend a lot of time watching rain forecasts as we need rain to fill up the rivers for us. If I saw 15mm forecast over an area where I knew there was good rivers id be fcuking delighted because there'd be loads of water for us. If that much rain falls there's going to be a lot of mud. It's been a few years since we've got that much rain at the festival, probably not since 2010, the mud wasn't to bad then as far as I remember but capacity has increased significantly since then so there's more people to churn up the ground.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Am i the only person who cant see what time Radiohead are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Old joke is old.

Anyone know what time the tour de picnic people will arrive at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Am i the only person who cant see what time Radiohead are playing?

4:15, Friday afternoon in the pink moon restaurant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement