Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

nocoverart wrote: »
    Not going and I'm not gonna troll this thread about how I hate this, that or anything else about what EP has become... but I'm bloody jealous about not seeing Pantha Du Prince ('Presents 'The Triad') live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2EurT5gOdk

Enjoy folks and keep safe :)

Was clashing with Skepta for me ... I liked the album, but this sounds even better.

Sorry Skepta, next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Was clashing with Skepta for me ... I liked the album, but this sounds even better.

Sorry Skepta, next time.

His 'Black Noise' album from 2010 is a masterpiece! if you're digging Pantha, then 'The Field' would be also your cup of tea. Minimal House is the sh!t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwXcarHyr1U

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

nocoverart wrote: »
    His 'Black Noise' album from 2010 is a masterpiece! if you're digging Pantha, then 'The Field' would be also your cup of tea. Minimal House is the sh!t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwXcarHyr1U

Really love The Field. When he played with the live band about 4 years ago it blew my mind. Not so much on his own at B&S a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Really love The Field. When he played with the live band about 4 years ago it blew my mind. Not so much on his own at B&S a couple of years back.

I'm talking to you like you don't know your sh!t, but you clearly know your sh!t :) enjoy the weekend. Getting a bit jelly now but had a busy Summer and really couldn't afford EP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I was incredibly excited about Whilk and Misky .Somebody tell me what they're like and get my excitement back for the replacements. Or let me go back to the campsite.

• Advertisement

People if you're not excited for these then well, if you're worried about the weather
    Then you picked the wrong place to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

MadYaker wrote: »
    Old joke is old.

Anyone know what time the tour de picnic people will arrive at?

Hard to say as it depends on how quickly they can cycle/run. Last time I did it the cycle was very spread out, with people arriving all afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

MadYaker wrote: »
    Old joke is old.

Almost as old and stale as that response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

One more sleep :)

**** sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Will we all put out child of pragues tonight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Latest from met.ie saying heaviest rain on Saturday will be south and southeast :(:(  

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Latest from met.ie saying heaviest rain on Saturday will be south and southeast :(:(  

Ah sure, Laois is midlands, not South ;)

Seriously though, I'm optimistic for two reasons. First is that this could well only skirt Stradbally:

ukprec.png

Second is that even in the less optimistic predictions, the heavy rain will last for 4-5 hours, early on Saturday, and the rest of the day will be dry. That's easily planned for and dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

*anxiously waits for Villains weather update*

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Apologies if this is asked elsewhere, couldnt find it if it is. But with the ban on stoves, how do people warm baby bottles on the family campsite? I'm sure gas canisters are dangerous but so too is a baby waking at 4 in the morning looking for warm milk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yr.no again adjusting more positive with their latest. Hopefully Villain will corroborate their version!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

while we await Villain's hopefully optimistic update, would he/she mind telling us why there is SO much uncertainty with the current weather patterns? every weather source I've checked has mentioned the 'uncertainty' word.....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

The more I hear the word "uncertainty" the more cautiously optimistic I am. I think worse case is rain on Saturday till 8pm.
    Hopefully best case is .......

roll wrote: »
    while we await Villain's hopefully optimistic update, would he/she mind telling us why there is SO much uncertainty with the current weather patterns? every weather source I've checked has mentioned the 'uncertainty' word.....

It's because there are a number of low pressure systems moving about in the Atlantic, and their interactions with each other as well as with existing high pressure, mean that small inaccuracies in the models predictions of how those systems will move and evolve could lead to a bigger variation in how our weather turns out vs the forecast.

This is much more changeable than if we had a stable pressure system over us and just one heading for us. It's like trying to predict how 20 pinballs will move, rather than just one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

There's one certainty....we only have one more sleep, really looking forward to the festival now.
    I hope you all have an amazing time!

Pudz21 wrote: »
    There's one certainty....we only have one more sleep, really looking forward to the festival now.
    I hope you all have an amazing time!

No more sleeps for me, heading down in the campervan later!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LimboSlice

Been to EP a few times, but this is my first time following the boards thread for it from the early days. I'd just like to thank all you lovely folk for really helping to build the excitement and for getting me listening to a lot of new music in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

MJohnston wrote: »
    It's because there are a number of low pressure systems moving about in the Atlantic, and their interactions with each other as well as with existing high pressure, mean that small inaccuracies in the models predictions of how those systems will move and evolve could lead to a bigger variation in how our weather turns out vs the forecast.

This is much more changeable than if we had a stable pressure system over us and just one heading for us. It's like trying to predict how 20 pinballs will move, rather than just one.

The heavy rain Met were giving for Sunday night now seems like it will hit later than they were forecasting, after 6am on Monday morning.

They're also giving less rainfall for the Saturday, things are looking up!

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

EoineyM wrote:
    Apologies if this is asked elsewhere, couldnt find it if it is. But with the ban on stoves, how do people warm baby bottles on the family campsite? I'm sure gas canisters are dangerous but so too is a baby waking at 4 in the morning looking for warm milk!

Never been brave enough to bring a baby to a festival. One option to go with would be a baby flask and get one of the stalls in the campsites to fill it before heading for bed. I have no doubt they would oblige and the ones in Hendrix tend to run all night.

Requires more planning or coordination that I would be capable of at a festival.!!!!

Lethal Dialect has cancelled his Trailer Park slot

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Never been brave enough to bring a baby to a festival. One option to go with would be a baby flask and get one of the stalls in the campsites to fill it before heading for bed. I have no doubt they would oblige and the ones in Hendrix tend to run all night.

Requires more planning or coordination that I would be capable of at a festival.!!!!

Way too late for this probably but we have a bottle that self warms using some salt based chemical reaction in a separate compartment. Single use only which is a pain though.

We are just going to bring those Aptimil pre-maid bottles with us, as our baby doesn't seem to mind drinking room temperature milk.

I think if you wanted to heat some milk though, buy one of those Tommee Tippee Thermos type things, get it filled with boiling water at one of the food/coffee stalls that should be happy to oblige. Same goes for formula, then you just have to wait for it to cool down a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

latest GFS charts looking a bit better.

there seems to be a bit of high pressure pushing in from the south on Sunday night, and the band of rain looks to be affecting the north of the country more so than Stradbally so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Saturday afternoon still looking rain-y, but not as bad.

for people who want to see what's happening, choose HGT500-1000 on the left drop down menu, UK Precipitation on the right one, and then move the slider above, or click the amount of hours ahead you want to jump on the buttons above. the day/time is in the top right of the picture
    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

For anyone that has stayed in the pink moon glamping before - can you tell me whether the 2 man tents fit a double airbed

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

JoeyD wrote: »
    For anyone that has stayed in the pink moon glamping before - can you tell me whether the 2 man tents fit a double airbed

Thanks!

someone is optimistic about scoring a lady this weekend.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement